Future Sight Previews

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hey, that looks kind of fun. Find some way to get one into play and three into your hand (not too hard), then swing for 32.

L

Limited

The Ferrett's Card

And what a brilliant card it is! A 2/3 Treefolk for 1GG, that lets everybody draw a lot of cards. Too bad the ability says "may" or it would be a great way to fill up your opponents hands.

Still, I can see an all creature deck with all kinds of utility creatures (Keening Banshee, Viridian Shaman, Mausoleum Turnkey, etc).. any removal your opponents play will just restock your hand (and everybody elses as well... :().

Should be great with Saviors Wisdom mechanic, or stuff like Adamaro, First to desire.

:D

L

Limited

Yeah! I totally forgot about the Raiders, which are awesome by the way

:D:D:D

I really like this cut-n-paste card.

N

Nightstalkers

From now on you won't find much that's noteworthy. A few palty things to flesh out the set... The details aren't immportant. At least not right now. Eternity is on a rather tight deadline. We'll get back to that later.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hmm. Might be a lot better than Eon Hub, since only you take advantage of it. But not having a hand could be problematic...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
SPIDEY IS SLACK IN HIS RESPONSIBILITIES!!!!!!!!!! I CALL SHENANIGANS!!!!!

*Ransac runs off to get his broom.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

A 5/5 flying for only BB.. wonder if the set contains any good dredge cards..

N

Nightstalkers

Problem with that... I don't think we really did need a reason to play B/U/G madness...

Bug Bug MADNESS!!!

Say hello to my little friend.

E

EricBess

I like how Mike talks about Force of Will stopping a Jackel Pup and then goes on almost immediately to say that this card is better...and he does it with a straight face.

Go ahead, stop my Jackel Pup.

I understand his point. In a combo deck, when you are preparing to "go off", this is better than Force of Will. However, how many Forces get played trying to keep you alive long enough to see your combo in the first place?

Don't get me wrong, this is a great tool for blue, to be sure, but it has some hefty costs associated with it. The most obvious is that you can't play it until you have 5 lands in play (and hope your opp doesn't kill one of them).

Whenever a blue mage plays a counterspell, there is the cost of having 2 less lands open to be able to defend against the next threat. This card taps down 5 lands AND let's your opponent untap all of their lands. Sure, it's a turn delay, but I see this being played in 1's and 2's as an emergency fallback at best.

If you could pay now OR later, then I could see it being more of a contender...as it is.

So, I did the crossword puzzle and got the names of a few cards. The statue that they keep showing I believe is "Akroma's Memorial". Names from the crossword:

Rift Elemental (red creature)
Akroma's Memorial (Artifact)
Darkmor Salvage (Land)
Lost Hours (Black Sorcery)
Logic Knot (Blue Instant)

The crossword doesn't do punctuation or spaces, but they all seem pretty clear.

E

EricBess

Yeah, but you only get to skip your upkeep if you have no cards in hand. Counter - Bottomless Pit was always my favorite deck choice also :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, Force of Will blows this thing out of the water. Its only advantage would be in combo decks. But combo decks almost never use Force of Will anymore and I don't think many of them will suddenly start packing another version of it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I have to agree, this counter is not that good. It would work in an Eon Hub deck...... hmmmm..... sounds like a deck idea......
This one and the other "lose the game" cards are going to be major problems this weekend..... ugh....