Funny anecdote in today's WOTC article

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but you don't have to be a centerfold to be "pretty and smart". And I've actually seen some good-looking girls at the pre-releases in Maryland (maybe Az can back me up if he was looking :p )

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Didn't someone get naked photos of two magic players that one time? I assume they were worthy of being posted on the internet (if you're into that) because they were posted on the internet...;)

N

Notepad

>> because they were posted on the internet...

I think at the Psylum Dojo, Cathy Nikoloff's profile pic was her topless or something, because she wanted to get a rise out of her audience or something (of course, the pic was from the neck up).

*just a dirty rumor I'd like to start* :p:p :p

O

orgg

Jonny "Griffin" Rizzo, errr... "Friggin" Rizzo (damned dyslexic fingers)... has the nude Magic photo.

It has been confirmed that the picture from Star City Games shows a butt-nekkid Rizzo... from the shoulders up. Confirmed by Rizzo.

I never realized that transposing the "F" and the "G" would be so.. strange.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cathy Nicoloff. Now there's a name I haven't seen in a while...

What good is a nude photo if all that is shown is the non-nude parts? I mean, it's just a "head shot" or "upper torso body shot" or whatever. It's not a "nude photo".

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If memory serves, she was one of the early female Magic names... she used to be the girlfriend of Brian Weismann, back in the mid 90's... I think she also created a pro-tour deck archetype back then, but can't remember what it was...

N

Notepad

She was the female geek all of us Dojo-reading geeks oogled over.

Spidey's right, she should have gone full frontal on that profile picture, dammit! :D :p

T

train

Never saw the dojo...

Was she as cute as almindhra's pic in the testing forum?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No no, I wasn't saying the picture should have showed all, I was saying you can't really call a nude picture "nude" if it doesn't show anything.

In other words, no one really posted "nude" shots on the Internet, they were just "shots".

A

Apollo

Wait, are you all sure about that? I think SeFro was making that up ("Just a rumor I'd like to start"). I'm pretty sure there was a full-nude picture of two Magic players out there at one point, and they weren't particularly attractive, and there was a big ruckus over it for a while.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Male or female?

orgg said there was one of Rizzo, who apparently verified it, but again, no nudity was shown, kinda defeating the purpose of a "nude photo".

I don't know about SeFRo's account.

O

orgg

That was some faked black and white "light bondage" photos of the two big Magic females a few years ago. Team Academy faked them up, and the two were quite imbarrassed about it.

Really, it wasn't that bad, all considered. Well done fakes, but they were fake...

The Turkish Champion I wouldn't mind finding a photo of right now... She's quite attractive.

Warning: link below has much offensive content, and me being simi-cruel and joking about in-jokes of Mise Tings. If offended, do not click.

http://www.misetings.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3926&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Then again, remember that I find intelligence the most attractive part of a woman, right before Height. Yes, I'm weird.

Killer Joe

Cathy Nicoloff was first to make 5CG work in a pro tour tournament. She was also the co-founder of Meridian Magic website along with Steve Shvartsman <sp?>, I think.

She has brown wavy hair and is rude,...er....um,....I mean, French. :(

-----------

I haven't seen her in a while but at the Torment pre-release there was this H*O*T chick with long blonde hair wearing tight blue jeans and a black turtle neck sleeveless top and I believe it was tight on her!:eek: Did I mention her boots?

Tsk, tsk. Very distracting. :rolleyes:

And don't get me started on MILF's that come to pick up their snotty nosed kids at the shop.

N

NorrYtt

Typical scenario and how I usually react:
  • Punk Guy (probably drunk) - What the hell you two playin' here? MAGIC?! HA! How you play that?
  • Me - It's complicated...
  • My Friend - See, we are dualing...with cards...it's like Chess.
  • Punk Guy - Oh well gee it's a complicated Chess game! Look at these two guys play Chess w/ cards! Come looky!
  • My Friend - No it's not like that...
  • Me (interrupting) - I'll sacrifice 3 martyrs to summon the 7th son of Satan. Only 2 more Deadly Sins and I'll be dancing with Lucifer!
  • Punk Guy - (walks off...)

N

Notepad

Welcome back, NorYtt!!! :D :D :D

You described the OTHER dumb reaction to answering the Magic question. Its always either "You're a friggen loser playing dumb D&D with cards" or "You're a friggen MENSA poser playing dumb chess with cards"

Yes, the cattle should be treated with much respect when they want to see our game...