Foreign magic cards

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

my local comic book shop sold japanese urza's saga tournament packs for 12.50 first one i bought japanese stroke of genius hehehe

B

Baskil

Yep, it's real...

Fraternal Exaltation
Sorcery - UUUU
Sneak into your parent's closet and get a deck. Your new brother is joining the game
...and when you want to go explore, the number you should have is four. -Sandra Boyuron

see it at http://www.tncuniverse.com/magic/setPROMO.htm
it costs $4495

K

krichaiushii

To add my .02 worth...

These points have been mostly hit already, but to reiterate, the cards look cool, due to them all having black borders. A few multilingual folks use the cards as language lessons and translation tests.

It can be easier to get Asian cards than you might think, at least for those of you with friends/family in the US Army who are stationed in Korea. There are numerous shops outside the Army bases that sell cards in Hangul and occasionally other languages. Ask your buddy to get you some. ;)
If your buddy doesn't know where to start, send him to the local USO on a Saturday and watch for the gamers. I suspect the Airbases in Japan run the same way.

Personally, I avoid cards I can't read, even if I know what it does (this prevents any confusion amongst friends). This results in my owning a few German (Neiderschatten und Reisenspinne sind cool). cards and the rest English.

Enjoy.

F

Fire Slinger

I quite enjoy foreign cards.

I went to a t2 tourney last night and traded for a Japanese Vile Compumtion.

I'm also getting a Japanese Unmask. :cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
When I was in Rome my hotel was right next to a shop that sold Italian Magic cards. I was quite surprised :). Not really playing right now, I didn't buy any and I didn't check the price but it was pretty amusing.