Flame War: DUke vs. thecasualoblivion

T

TheCasualOblivion

DÛke said:
But see, that's why you'll never be as good as I am: because in order to fit in and not be the piece of crap that you are, you have to go out, read reports, copy deck lists of winning decks, claim they're yours, and win with them. And then you want me to believe that you can play how I play, with grandeur and style!? You wish. And then you tell me that I have no argument. .
There is one line I'd like to put out here above all else:

DÛke said:
And then you want me to believe that you can play how I play, with grandeur and style!? You wish.
Wow, did you actually say that. You describe yourself as playing with grandeur and style. That is some arrogance there.

I said you have no argument. You started arguing at first. That stopped a while ago. Then you just went on and on with the name calling that initially went along with your arguments, though the name calling was a little muted when you were still bothering to argue. I hear a lot of "Idiot" over and over again.

I'm an opinionated guy. Anyone who knows me a little bit can see that. I've never criticized your arguments or said they were idiotic. I might disagree, but your opinions are your right, as mine are my right. What I do take issue with is your tone and your insistence on insults. I think I was quite civil before I started this one. Opinionated? Yes. Agressive? Its my style. Even here, I've dropped a few words like the "Douchebag" you found a lot to say about. But I don't think anyone reading this thread would call me the less civil of the two of us.

Whine all you want, insult all you want. My point anymore isn't even that I disagree with you anymore. Its that you're an arrogant jerk who can't respect that another can have a differing opinion without being an idiot in your eyes, and enough of that afformentioned arrogant jerk to just hurl insults left and right.

I don't really have to say anything more about that. You yourself have said enough, and continue to say plenty enough to make that point for me.

Go ahead and insult me some more. I enjoy it. It validates my existence.

D

DÛke

Wow, did you actually say that. You describe yourself as playing with grandeur and style. That is some arrogance there.
There are two people in this world: those who are confident, and those who aren't; those that don't need the nod of assurance from another, and those that do. You can pretty much guess who invented the term "arrogant" from here on.
I might disagree, but your opinions are your right, as mine are my right.
Oh, you are allowed to have and keep your opinion, as long as it doesn't come across mine, we're good. But don't expect to cross my path with your unexamined self and unexamined opinions and expect me to be all sympathetic and full of understanding. If you want your opinions left unattacked, and want to keep safe, that's fine. You have the right. Cross my path, and you're in my world, playing my rules. You don't like it? Easy. Don't try to push your opinionated self my way by starting a "Flame" thread. Simple enough, no?

I

Istanbul

Wow.
Seriously, just wow.

Did I understand you correctly there? Did you actually just reserve the right to attack anyone whose opinion differs from your own?

D

DÛke

No, but I reserve the right not only to attack anyone who's opinion I believe to be stupid and who openly declares a "flame" thread, but also make them see that they are stupid. Period. Like I said, if you are weak-minded and can't stand the fact that your opinions can be wrong and just want to believe whatever you want to believe and call it a day, that's fine with me - I wouldn't be so imposing.

Stand in front of me and start a thread like this, and you better be able to handle it.

I suppose next I'll hear "but what's stupid to you is not stupid to me." Blah blah blah. Which to me means this: "you're not allowed to make any judgements because, after all, it's all subjective!" And that' when you officially sink in to new lows.

It's really easy, but I guess even you have a hard time understanding the concept:

If you don't want to be argued with, then don't argue, because some people will argue back. Please say that's easy enough.

There is no way in hell anyone can convince me that CasualOblivion knows what he's talking about. He kindly provided the links to the threads in which we argued, and, well...it's just embarassing talking to him. And then he starts this thread. So, I decided to amuse myself while making sure someone like that doesn't believe that he stands too tall when there are others in the room with him who would happly show him how short he is.

I

Istanbul

I see. So, to try again...

You're saying that if someone starts a flame thread targeted at you, they'd...I guess...better be prepared to bring it? Is that what you mean?

I'm trying to make sure I understand you correctly, but the condescending attitude "It's really easy, but I guess even you have a hard time understanding the concept:" isn't making it any easier not to just blow you off.

T

TheCasualOblivion

Contrary to DUke's claims, this isn't exactly a flame topic aimed at him. Read the first topic. I started this to give the two of us the opportunity to really go after each other, since we were getting really close to flame territory in the other topics we were arguing about. I did not flame at all in my first post, and gave DUke the opportunity to decline and ignore this topic. The flaming started with him. Just as the insults and condescending attitude started with him back in the earlier threads.

And DUke...

I can handle your childish little tirades just fine. There is nothing I enjoy more than watching you make a jackoink out of yourself like you've been doing here.

D

DÛke

CasualOblivion: so then there is no problem. You've convinced me that you're an idiot; I'm sold, really. I convinced you whatever it is I convinced you. Good for you. And good for me, too. End of discussion.

Istanbul: then "blow" me off. Easy.

T

TheCasualOblivion

Well if this is the end DUke, thanks for the amusement. I always love the sound of idiots whining.

I

Istanbul

DÛke said:
Istanbul: then "blow" me off. Easy.
Done and done. It doesn't even matter if you're right anymore; your attitude makes it irrelevant.

T

TheCasualOblivion

Istanbul said:
Done and done. It doesn't even matter if you're right anymore; your attitude makes it irrelevant.
My beef was never about right or wrong either. My beef was his attitude.

Ferret

Staff member
TheCasualOblivion said:
My beef was never about right or wrong either. My beef was his attitude.
His attitude? Please. That's his basic charm. I learned long ago when dealing w/ DUke to look beyond the attitude and go straight to the content. It's a lot easier that way...

-Ferret

"We also had a few PM exchanges where we learned why we are the way we are...it's a good thing (tm)"

D

DÛke

Ferret, as your friend, I'll just ask you to let it drop. :) There is no use trying to make me seem better than I am; it's not worth it in this case. Istanbul and I don't get along for quite a good number of reasons, we haven't gotten along in, what? over four or five years now. CasualOblivion has no substance in his arguments, and yet argues nevertheless, and when he doesn't know what to say, he starts a flame thread such as this.

I honestly don't want to befriend these guys in any manner, nor do I wish to justify myself or who I am in their eyes. But I appreciate your presence. :)

Now let's move on people…

D

DÛke

Oh, please.

How in the world do I act like there is only way to play the game? I think it's you who acts as if there is only way to play the game, given your comments across the threads about how "anyone can play Standard"; not to mention it's you who keeps on mentioning and emphasizing the fact that you're a "casual" player, whatever that's supposed to imply. Does that mean you're better than I am? does that mean you are more creative, or have a better knack for "fun" cards? You keep throwing it in my face like it's a big deal.

You don't know me very well. I am a casual player and have been here for...a long time. That does not mean I play "newbie" decks, it doesn't mean I don't tune my decks to win, it doesn't mean I don't enjoy winning, and it doesn't mean Standard is not my favorite environment. All it means, in my case, is that I don't play net decks, I don't buy into the "power" cards, and I play what I want and strive to win with it, despite the demands of the environment at any given time. And no, I'm not a "rogue" player either. I simply play: with utter disregard to everything else.

Now I suggest you go back and reread the threads which you've linked. When you've done that, I'd love to know how I "act" like what I play is the only "right" way to play the game. Go ahead, read. You'll see that you're the one who called me a "whiner" because I gave a good argument, when all you would provide is...well..."whiner"...and other similar rhetorical mechanics which tend to...piss me off.

Now, let me clue you in on something about me so that you know me a little better. I hate repeating myself. I especially hate repeating the obvious. I explained myself all too many times in those threads when you explained very little. And then you start this thread, with a title very unfitting for your purposes (I suggest you check on what "flame war" means in forum terminology), and you still, even at this point, offer me nothing to even consider.

Give me something. Otherwise, don't give me anything at all.

I

Istanbul

DÛke said:
Give me something. Otherwise, don't give me anything at all.
Well, I don't suppose you have much of a say in this one, CasualOblivion. I think the laws of reality are going to force you to abide by his edict. o_O

T

TheCasualOblivion

Man did DUke just get spanked over at his Eternal Witness whining topic. Go Rooster!

Ferret

Staff member
TheCasualOblivion said:
Man did DUke just get spanked over at his Eternal Witness whining topic. Go Rooster!
In the future, please refrain from quoting posts in this thread in other areas. This area is fine if you want to flame other users or just vent your frustrations, but it should stay here. I want to keep the other areas as civil as possible.

-Ferret

"just a friendly reminder"