TheCasualOblivion

We've been arguing back and forth on a few topics now:

New Core Set
http://www.casualplayers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14570

Old Cards: Powerful or Broken
http://www.casualplayers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14573

I...Hate...Eternal Witness
http://www.casualplayers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14581

Just thought I'd give us the opportunity to flame each other for real in the flame forum. I'll give you the opportunity to decline, and will forgo flaming you until you join the fray here.

Anyone else whose been reading those topics, feel free to flame either/both of us here.

I

Istanbul

You smell like swiss cheese and your hair is on backwards!

D

DÛke

What's there to flame about? It's simple, actually, but I guess you can't even comprehend such simplicity. So let me spell it out for you: you're an idiot. I hope that was easy enough for you to understand. I'm kinda tired of repeating myself, especially since I'm repeating the plain and simple.

Idiot. You.

If your mom told you that you can do and be anything you want, let me correct her, god bless her soul.

You are an idiot. You are meant to be an idiot.

You. Idiot.

Got it?

R

Reverend Love

Your posting this in the wrong forum. If you want to exchange fireballs with Duke post in political discussions and jab him a few times with a sharp stick, he likes that a lot.

D

DÛke

Oh I get it. See:

You = Idiot. You don't need to be Einstein to get it. Um, wait. You do know who Einstein is, right? or was that just a poor assumption on my part?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with the more hopeless people in society, but then it strikes me again anew: because I get a kick out of reminding them that they’re all idiots.

T

TheCasualOblivion

DÛke said:
Oh I get it. See:
You = Idiot.
Is that really the best you got? So I'm an idiot eh? Hurt my little feelings?

Well lets see here...

DUke = Pompous Elitist who thinks he's better than those who play a different style of Magic than he does.

DUke = Jerk who can't understand that a person who understands and can respect the depths of the game of magic can consciously choose to ignore or reject those depths, and instead play the newbie game for fun. Playing the newbie game just makes me an idiot with a worthless opinion?

DUke = A whining baby who has to cry to the DCI about cards he doesn't like and thinks should be banned. I've been listening to whiners like that for 10 years now.

I got news for you, pal. I do understand the game. I understand the balancing aspects or it. I understand and respect the changes that have been made to the game, and can agree with them. I'd still rather play with my old fun cards though, and build newbie decks, even when I am capable of building decks YOU would approve of. Its a choice sucko. I choose to play the game a different way. I don't appreciate being called an idiot for it. I poop on your game because you're such a baby about it.

D

DÛke

DUke = Pompous Elitist who thinks he's better than those who play a different style of Magic than he does.
I don't really think that; I haven't ever thought about it like that. But since you brought it up, maybe I am!
Playing the newbie game just makes me an idiot with a worthless opinion?
Not completely, but it does contribute. You know what makes you a worthless idiot? Being the worthless idiot that you are. Did I really have to point even that out? I guess you know no limits when it comes to sinking beneath someone's feet, huh?
DUke = A whining baby who has to cry to the DCI about cards he doesn't like and thinks should be banned. I've been listening to whiners like that for 10 years now.
DCI? You know I have not once complained to anyone "official," and in fact, only in this message board? But once again you revert to inventing information because you have nothing to say, and why do you have nothing to say? Simple: because you're an idiot who desperately wants to say something but can't bring the little ape-brain of yours (an insult to ape-kind, I know!) to think of anything half-substantial to say.

So you play the "newbie game." Big wee-hee for you. But here's an idea: maybe you should stop playing so much and start...well...I don't know, maybe consider an actual stimulating activity that has the potential to make you a better human being then the wretch that you are? Or is that a long shot? Maybe it is, but hey, we all have to start somewhere, even in the case of someone like you who, right from the beginning, is just another hopeless piece in a line of so many idiots. But I offer to teach you, make you into something a little more noteworthy...

There, now you have no excuse to be the utterly worthless piece of idiocy that you are. Oh, and tell your mama I said "hi."

T

TheCasualOblivion

DÛke said:
I don't really think that; I haven't ever thought about it like that. But since you brought it up, maybe I am!
I think that's a little bit more than a maybe dude.

DÛke said:
You know what makes you a worthless idiot? Being the worthless idiot that you are. Did I really have to point even that out? I guess you know no limits when it comes to sinking beneath someone's feet, huh?
ooooo... Real creative there. Childish too. I expected better.

DÛke said:
but hey, we all have to start somewhere, even in the case of someone like you who, right from the beginning, is just another hopeless piece in a line of so many idiots. But I offer to teach you, make you into something a little more noteworthy...
I assure you I need no help from you on that count. I've tried and tried to explain to you that I play "casual" magic by choice. I could play your "advanced" and "better" Standard game, if I chose to. But then we have you convinced I'm an idiot, so I should probably stop trying to explain the "I choose to be different" thing at some point or another."

DÛke said:
There, now you have no excuse to be the utterly worthless piece of idiocy that you are. Oh, and tell your mama I said "hi."
What? Are you like 14 or something? Sure sounds like it.

Oh, something I forgot...

I disagree with you, so I'm an idiot. I try to make my point, you call me names.

Way to be, DUke. Way to be.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So, let's see. Hey, Rev, you taste like moldy eggrolls and your nose is really big!

Istanbul, Your ears are of uneven size.

:p

R

Reverend Love

Oversoul

This is you. And you're obvious ploy for my affections will only garner you scorn and misery. Besides, you're gay and I'm a chick. It just wouldn't work.

Attachments

D

DÛke

I assure you I need no help from you on that count.
Well then, tell me what account you need help on.
I could play your "advanced" and "better" Standard game, if I chose to.
No, you can't.
But then we have you convinced I'm an idiot.
Yes.
so I should probably stop trying to explain the "I choose to be different" thing at some point or another."
Yes, stop trying to convince me otherwise.
I disagree with you, so I'm an idiot. I try to make my point, you call me names.
At least you got the basics right.
Way to be, DUke. Way to be.
Why, thank you.

T

TheCasualOblivion

Me:
I could play your "advanced" and "better" Standard game, if I chose to.
DUke:
No, you can't.

So lets see here:

A. I'm incapable of setting aside my older cards and building cards out of Mirrodin/8th Ed. to present? Anybody could do that.
B. I could go out and read a tournament report and get the decklist of a tournament winning Raffinity deck, and just go out and play that. Then I'd fit in just fine in your "advanced" and "better" Standard game. I could do that even being the "idiot" you claim me to be.

Your argument lacks argument.

Me:
But then we have you convinced I'm an idiot.
DUke:
Yes.

Duke=Again reduced to nothing but petty name calling.

Me:
so I should probably stop trying to explain the "I choose to be different" thing at some point or another."
DUke:
Yes, stop trying to convince me otherwise.

Duke = Can't understand why anyone would choose to be different than his own distorted sense of his own coolness. What a Douchebag.

Me:
DUke:
At least you got the basics right.

WOW YOU HEARD IT HERE FOLKS!!!!! DUKE = DOUCHEBAG, RIGHT OUT OF DUKE'S OWN MOUTH!!!!! POINT FOR ME!

I thank you for making my point and truly showing us all the buttwipe you are DUke. Lets sum up:

1. DUke = Incapable of argument, only capable of petty name calling.
2. DUke = So full of himself that everyone who chooses to be different is an idiot, BY HIS OWN WORDS.
3. DUke = Admitting he acts like, and is in fact, a douchebag.

I WIN!

D

DÛke

You are full of contradictions and other nasty things.
I could go out and read a tournament report and get the decklist of a tournament winning Raffinity deck, and just go out and play that.
But see, that's why you'll never be as good as I am: because in order to fit in and not be the piece of crap that you are, you have to go out, read reports, copy deck lists of winning decks, claim they're yours, and win with them. And then you want me to believe that you can play how I play, with grandeur and style!? You wish. And then you tell me that I have no argument. Are you serious? Need I mention how stupid you make yourself seem every time you post?
What a Douchebag.
Here's the thing: I have yet to meet a person who uses the word "douchebag" who wasn't a "douchebag" himself. Not that I didn't know you were one beforehand - you seem to flaunt the fact as if it was the best thing about you (and maybe it is) - but hey, it's nice to see that you can come clean and admit it. Now if only you can admit that I am essentially better than you are, both as a Magic player and as a person, and that you are beneath me and that you would be honored to be my slave for life (if I let you) - if you can do that, I would really appreciate it. Maybe...I'll respect you then, but I make no promises. Until that moment, keep working on your English skills: "douchebag" is not a word.
I'm starting to feel sorry for you. So let's assume that...you win. Now what? Does that make you any better? You're still the worthless idiot that started this thread, still the lifeless moron who can't play and instead claims to be a "casual player" who isn't really a casual player because he loves to copy decks, and to sum it up, you're still a big loser. Yes, indeed, you win at that.

Ferret

Staff member
Well, let's see...how should I put this?

DUke: a good friend that I've had many discussions with that have caused me to insane amounts of rage. I respect that. He's very stubborn and set in his way, but is usually willing to listen to the other side - before stating how wrong he believes they are.

TCO: I'm not sure what to make of him. So far, he sounds like another tourney player that thinks that the tourney mentality is perfectly fine in casual games. Sorry, haven't known him long enough. That's just my initial impression. I imagine it might change in the future...

-Ferret

"...Flame Wars are fun...as long as they don't spill over into other areas..."

I

Istanbul

That's...actually very interesting, Ferret. Because I see the exact same thing. I can even use your words.

Thing is, I see the names needing to be switched. TCO seems to be the one who's stubborn and set in his ways, but willing to listen before declaring the other wrong. And Duke seems to be the one with the 'only good decks are acceptable' mindset.

'Course, I don't *really* know either of them. So...yeah.

D

DÛke

Ferret knows me as the none-stop political-philosophical guy who's willing to listen to any point of view until either it gets too boring or the point proves to be not valid.

You...don't know anything about me.

Plus...I never said that the only acceptable decks are the "good ones." In fact, if you know me just one bit you'd know that I'll have a hard time defining what a "good" deck is, because "good" here can mean a million things.

What I don't tolerate is somebody who doesn't know what he or she is talking about, flaunts the fact around, and insist that he's right without presenting anything more than utterly subjective feelings regarding the issue.

And, at the end, treating stupid with stupid is the only way to go, because stupid doesn't understand any other language.

T

TheCasualOblivion

Off topic here:

DÛke said:
Ferret knows me as the none-stop political-philosophical guy who's willing to listen to any point of view until either it gets too boring or the point proves to be not valid.
You sound like a liberal. Not necessarily that statement, but your whole argument so far.

I'm kind of curious and figure I'll throw that guess out there and see what happens, as opposed to checking the more political threads here and finding the answer there.