First you kill off beloved characters...

N

Nightstalkers

then you deside to take the game to a stupid, rundown aspect of a world in which you have given us six to seven years to build upon.

WHAT THE FUR!

And now... :eek: look at what your doing. Lets all just dump everything and take it to another "plane" of existence. That really peeves us off. How about bringing up the setting to something like shadowrun? (or something better) instead of this crap you pull with Karona (What in the hell were you guys drinking when you thought that up? Karona!) The last time we had something like this stupid nonsense was back when Mr. Urza "killed" his brother and became a planeswalker... Oh, your going to have your alcoholic lady shipping the whole dammed population off where?

Designer#1: Oh, the phyrexians were so good last block, why not send the junky lady off there?

Designer#2: I dont' know Red, the last block was full of them.

Nightstalkers: Shove your dumba** idea up your a** and get a better storyline!

Designer#2: What do you suggest Mr. Smarta**

Nightstalkers: Howabout some new crap like bringing EARTH into the game.

Designer#1: Don't be absurd, thats just a rip off of Poke'mon, or Digimon.

Nightstalkers: At least it would be an improvement from your lamea** excuse for stealing the idea of a design team long ago.

Nightstalkers Exit, enter Design head

Design Head: So, what have you come up with?

Designer#2: How about fusing two women into one which becomes a planeswalker and takes over other worlds?

Design Head: ...

Designer#2: ...

Designer#1: Bring players into the world by transporting the game to the real world somehow by landing all of the old characters in some poor nations backyard?

Design Head: Thats great!

Design Head: All in favor of the real world deal.

Design Team: Aye

Design Head: Hear that little Timmy? Get to work on five new sets and make sure they're better than the last block you made.

Timmy: Yessir, chief! (Translation: Please quit feeding me Ding-Dongs and chaining me into the closet to appease millions of people!)

Yippi Kay Yay MOTHER *****S!

Attachments

N

Notepad

***SPILER ALERT***

Nightstalkers, what the hell have you been smoking? Yes, the Karona thing was pure trash, but you got it wrong.

Karona wasn't taking over other worlds, she was banished from Dominaria and was peeking around to find other worlds. And she wasn't taking anybody anywhere with her, except for Sash and Waistcoat, her little penis and fart joke minions.

THE BOOK WAS HORRIBLE!!!

The ending, I have to join you in all that hyper-anger. What the hell? After all that buildup Karona just POOF! -turns into Jeska- and goes plainswalking with...Karn.

WHAT...THE...FU--..!?!?!?!

That was like watching an epic movie and at the end the main character takes off itself as a costume all Duck Amuk style and goes laughing about like a stooge. Makes you just furious wondering what the hell all the time spent building up the story was for.

N

Nightstalkers

Karn? Good god what are they getting into now!

That reminds me:

1) Change me pants after that last comment
2) Buy the book
3) TP WotC

Attachments

T

train

Careful on the TP WOTC thing...

They do have a Nerf Arsenal...:eek:

N

Nightstalkers

Nerf and toilet paper :confused:... :( :eek: :D

Pyromaniacs unite!

FTPN! (Flaming Toilet Paper Nerf)

N

Nightstalkers

*Chucks flaming Nerf toilet paper wad at Joe*

are u serious?

§å†äñ™²°°³

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Killer Joe
There's a storyline in .\\agic?

;)

Not really. There's novels that somewhat relate to the sets, with about three or so shared characters, and the rest is just stand-alone that ignores the other. Really, really pathetic...

N

Nightstalkers

Its one of those ok ideas...

DBZ and L5R both use storylines to a degree.

Killer Joe

I remember some magazine (maybe The Duelist) had a short series of stories about Crovax from Urborg who eventually turned into a vampire in Rath. It was about when he was young and his father had Salina, Dark Angel at his side and blah-blah-blah....

Anyone remember that?

N

Nightstalkers

Joined Gerrard & the Weatherlights

Crovax became the evincar afterwards....

N

Notepad

I stopped reading Duelist around the time Mirage came out, because it was such a propaganda rag. So, sorry, I don't remember that story. Sounds like a good idea, to have side story stuff in different mediums, rather than have a novel try to cover the sets' butts.

They should just go back to old style, like Antiquities and Fallen Empires, where the cards tell a story, but not a complete one, and you have to figure out the pieces for yourself...and...USE YOUR IMAGINATION!

But of course, WotC is trying to appeal to the YuGiOh and wrestling fan crowd, which means they're much to dumb to ever do that sort of thing.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Killer Joe: I remember reading something like that in the Duelist.

SeFRo: Of course it's a "propaganda rag", it was published by WOTC!

But I thought it was pretty good (especially with the old Magic Suitcase articles). What exactly were you looking for in it so that it wouldn't be a propoganda rag?

N

Nightstalkers

I stopped reading Duelist around the time Mirage came out, because it was such a propaganda rag
?:confused:?

I just liked the wierd ideas and crazy mechanics I could get out of each and every magazine.

And it is approved right next to Shonen on the Nightstalkers reading lists :D :p

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Originally posted by Nightstalkers
. Smarta**[/i]

Nightstalkers: Howabout some new crap like bringing EARTH into the game.

Bang.

*Gets sent a message from an agent of WOTC, who's been hired to keep the game from taking the Final Plunge. After all, IT'S THEIR JOB TO PLUNGE THE GAME!*

Somehow I doubt that would work. First off, what time period? Second off: Arabian Nights desuka?

N

Nightstalkers

That was the beginning of magic...

And you see how that worked out :rolleyes:

Good god! your back :(

Damned straight I'm back! if it weren't for us around, who would take care of you? that ugly cat of yours?

Hey, take it too far and Mrs. Lady will have a dish full of someones scrotum.

Oh yea! I bet you couldn't even knock this egg off of my nose!

Does last years Christmas party ring a bell in that empty skull of yours?

Oh... um... I'll just wait over there...

As I was saying, Arabian Nights was a test of the cards. If and when you build your own card game, or whatever, you will go through a few sets and things which will be just as off the wall as AN was in the storyline of .\\agic.

one thing about AN was all of those great cards :D anyone remember Mr. Djinn of all Djinns ?

Don't hurt us....

Attachments

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Arabian Nights was a test of the cards
I don't think it was a "test"; it was something to appease the appetite for the game once they saw it was taking off. And since it was the first expansion, WOTC didn't really have balancing cards like today or stuff. But it wasn't a "test".

I

Izaryo

why did they have to kill Phage and Akroma anyways?
stooopid:eek:

N

Notepad

>>>> Arabian Nights was a test of the cards
>> But it wasn't a "test".

It wasn't a test, as Spidey said, but I think I see where NS was going with that. Arabian Nights was more of a severely botched prototype, from their standards as they are today. It taught them they don't want to do that again. It also taught us we want nothing more than for it to happen again. ;)