FFA 2

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date
T

train

i don't think UMBC had the Architecture program...

Where is Crystal city?...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

its in Virginia. several of our prereleases are have been in Virginia. But that usually means that the area they've gotten will be pretty nice.

UMBC probably doesn't have an architecture program, they're big thing right now is computer science.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, draw, Swamp, Mind Stone, Done.

Az: 19

Hand: 3
In Play: Fst,Fst, Isd, LS(T)
Graveyard:
RFG: Seal of Strength, Giant Growth, Pouncing Jaguar, Gaea's Skyfolk

train: 20

Hand: 7
In Play: Rith's Grove(R,G,W), Darigaaz's Caldera(G,R,B), Abyssal Gatekeeper(1/1, when to gy - each player sacs a creature)(T)
Graveyard:
RFG: Humble

Spidey: 15

Hand: 5
In Play: Swampx2(T), Stalking Stones (6: becomes a 3/3 artifact land creature permanently)(T), Planar Void (when a card goes to the graveyard, it gets RFG), Mind Stone (T: 1 colorless, T, sac: draw a card)
Graveyard:
RFG: Terror

Good news about Maryland, train! Have you decided where you're going to live?

Az, how far away is Crystal City? The Dream Wizards website didn't have a link for directions like they normally do (unless it's there now; it wasn't there last week).

T

train

Well we're discussing living between Baltimore and College Park - that way - if the Mrs. gets a job in Baltimore - it would only be about a 20 minute drive... or if she gets one in DC - it would only be a few minutes there also... We're also taking into consideration the cost of living in each community and where I'd be going to school...

Where exactly is the main brach of UM?...

Az/Spidey - does the phonebook in your area cover Baltimore and the cities around it - like college park?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The places in the middle along I-95 (the main highway running North/South, and also going from Maine to Florida) are probably Laurel/Fort Meade in Prince George's County.

UMCP is "right" in Silver Spring, and off of Route 1 (a minor north/south highway). It's just inside the Capital Beltway but outside of DC.

The phonebooks up here only cover Baltimore County and some surrounding counties like Howard or Anne Arundel. College Park is too far away.

T

train

Spidey - We're planning a trip up there over Spring Break - right now it's just whether to drive or fly... and since we're scoping the area to move up there - whether or not to take the girls or leave them with Grandma...

I guess I'll contact the yellow pages provider up there and request a copy of their phone book for various areas between DC and Baltimore...

Could you all please let me know of areas we would not want to live in - bad sides of town(usually depicted by more and more local youth wearing police issued uniforms...) etc...

FYI -
I'll probably get real busy over the coming months as I'm going to be Klepping out of some courses and taking more classes than normal... but I'll get my daily CPA fix at least...

I guess that could be a little bit of a break for the CPA - less train - less Loco!...:p

In advance - thanks for all your help guys...:D :cool:

train.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately, I'm not really aware of any "bad places" between Baltimore and DC... just common areas come to mind, like what I mentioned before. You'd probably have to keep doing your research or ask a real estate agent to get a better picture.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Untap. Draw. Play another lonely Sandbar. Tap 2 forests the Island and a sandbar to play a Blastoderm. end turn.

Hand: 2
In Play: Fst(T),Fst(T), Isd(T), LS(T), LS(T) Blastoderm(5/5, can't be targeted, 3 counters)
Graveyard:

Hand: 7
In Play: Rith's Grove(R,G,W), Darigaaz's Caldera(G,R,B), Abyssal Gatekeeper(1/1, when to gy - each player sacs a creature)(T)
Graveyard:
RFG: Humble

In Play: Swampx2(T), Stalking Stones (6: becomes a 3/3 artifact land creature permanently)(T), Planar Void (when a card goes to the graveyard, it gets RFG), Mind Stone (T: 1 colorless, T, sac: draw a card)
Graveyard:

Spidey - According to Mapquest, the Hyatt Regency where it is taking place is 45 miles/50 minutes away.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's all? It might be doable... I'm still checking my schedule to see if I can make it. That'll help a bit, I think.

T

train

Untap, upkeep, draw, play Swamp, tap the grove for W and play enlightened tutor... fetch Pulse of Llanowar, shuffle, put it on top of library and I'm done...

In Play: Fst(T),Fst(T), Isd(T), LS(T), LS(T) Blastoderm(5/5, can't be targeted, 3 counters)
Graveyard:

Hand: 6
In Play: Rith's Grove(R,G,W)(T), Darigaaz's Caldera(G,R,B), Swamp, Abyssal Gatekeeper(1/1, when to gy - each player sacs a creature)
Graveyard:
RFG: Humble, Enlightened Tutor

Graveyard:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT I will Diabolic Edict train.

Untap, Draw, Erg Raiders, Done.

In Play: Fst(T),Fst(T), Isd(T), LS(T), LS(T)
Graveyard:
RFG: Seal of Strength, Giant Growth, Pouncing Jaguar, Gaea's Skyfolk, Blastoderm

In Play: Rith's Grove(R,G,W)(T), Darigaaz's Caldera(G,R,B), Swamp,
Graveyard:
RFG: Humble, Enlightened Tutor, Abyssal Gatekeeper

Hand: 4
In Play: Swampx2(T), Stalking Stones (6: becomes a 3/3 artifact land creature permanently)(T), Planar Void (when a card goes to the graveyard, it gets RFG), Mind Stone (T: 1 colorless, T, sac: draw a card), Erg Raiders (2/3, must attack or does 2 damage)
Graveyard:
RFG: Terror, Diabolic Edict

T

train

I take the edict like the little red-headed... that I am...

Spidey - you could've waited until your raiders were out...;)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'll play a Tranquil thicket and a Seal of Strength. end turn.

In Play: Fst(T),Fst, Isd, LS, LS, TT(T), Seal of Strength(sac to giant growth)
Graveyard:
RFG: Seal of Strength, Giant Growth, Pouncing Jaguar, Gaea's Skyfolk, Blastoderm

In Play: Rith's Grove(R,G,W)(T), Darigaaz's Caldera(G,R,B), Swamp,
Graveyard:

In Play: Swampx2(T), Stalking Stones (6: becomes a 3/3 artifact land creature permanently)(T), Planar Void (when a card goes to the graveyard, it gets RFG), Mind Stone (T: 1 colorless, T, sac: draw a card), Erg Raiders (2/3, must attack or does 2 damage)
Graveyard:

T

train

Untap, upkeep, draw, hey - lookey there! - play a plains and Disenchant Spidey's planar void, then play worldly tutor - go get Anger and put him on top of my library... Done...

Bet you don't know what I'm drawing next turn...;)

Graveyard:

In Play: Rith's Grove(R,G,W), Darigaaz's Caldera(G,R,B)(T), Swamp(T), Plains(T)
Graveyard: Disenchant, Worldly Tutor

Graveyard:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, draw, attack train with the Raiders, Wall of Souls, Phyrexian Furnace, Done.

Graveyard:

train: 18?

In Play: Swampx2(T), Stalking Stones (6: becomes a 3/3 artifact land creature permanently)(T), Mind Stone (T: 1 colorless, T, sac: draw a card), Erg Raiders (2/3, must attack or does 2 damage)(T), Wall of Souls (0/4, when dealt combat damage, deal equal amt to target player), Phyrexian Furnace (T: remove bottom card from target graveyard from game; 1, sac: remove any card from game)
Graveyard:
RFG: Terror, Diabolic Edict, Planar Void

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

There should only be one card in my hand, and at the end of spidey's turn I'll play that card. Slap down some simian grunts.

Untap. Upkeep Pay echo. Draw. play another skyfolk, attack train with ze grunts. end turn.

Hand: 0
In Play: Fst(T),Fst(T), Isd(T), LS, LS(T), TT(T), Simian Grunts(3/4, play as instant, echo)(T), Gaea's Skyfolk(2/2 flying), Seal of Strength(sac to giant growth)
Graveyard:

train: 15?

In Play: Swampx2(T), Stalking Stones (6: becomes a 3/3 artifact land creature permanently)(T), Mind Stone (T: 1 colorless, T, sac: draw a card), Erg Raiders (2/3, must attack or does 2 damage)(T), Wall of Souls (0/4, when dealt combat damage, deal equal amt to target player), Phyrexian Furnace (T: remove bottom card from target graveyard from game; 1, sac: remove any card from game)
Graveyard:
RFG: Terror, Diabolic Edict, Planar Void