Favorite Wall?

I

Istanbul

Well, since we're going for favorites...what's your favorite wall?

Illusionary Wall, a 7/4 flying wall with a CU of U?
Wall of Swords, the original 3/5 flying for 3W?
Wall of Stone, the big-butted 0/8 for 1RR?
Fog Bank, the flying blocking beast for 1U?
Stinging Barrier, the wall that hits back for 2UU?
Wall of Souls, the OTHER wall that hits back for 1B?
Wall of Blossoms, card advantage a-go-go for 1G?
Vine Trellis, AKA Wall of Elf for 1G?

Let 'em fly!

Killer Joe

Wall of Roots is my number one choice but I like some others too:
Wall of Tears
Wall of Blossoms
Wall of Brambles
Wall of Air

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Off the top of my head, I like Living Wall because it's beefy and regenerates, and Wall of Swords because it flies and can deal damage.

O

olwen

When I started playing Magic, Carnivorous Plant was my absolute favorite wall. Now, for Extended, Wall of Roots is wonderful. I used to have a Wall deck with four Sunwebs and Rolling Stones to animate them.

M

Mr_Pestilence

Wall of Souls is my favorite. How can you not love a wall that protects you AND damages your opponent?

G

Gerode

Wall of Souls: the most offensive wall in Magic.

I like Fog Bank too, but it doesn't do well against trample or burn.

I

Istanbul

We've got a lot of fans who like Wall of Souls, it seems, but in my opinion...any wall that doesn't fly is disqualified. If I'm gonna have a creature that doesn't attack, it'd better be able to block anything.

F

FoundationOfRancor

But I have so many memories with Wall of Souls...

All the stronghold walls, excluding The red Razor one.

C

Cerulean

Fog bank.

That's pretty much the only one I actually use myself.

But Illusionary Wall is cool. It's also first strike. Hehe. A nasty piece of work...er...for a wall. :)

I

Istanbul

I'm with you there, except I also use Wall of Air if my opponent is playing burn.

Frankly, what with walls being defensive, I can see very few reasons for non-blue walls.

L

lilpinhead

personally i like Wall of Ice. And i dont wanna hear any crap about how it sucks and all of that..i know. i just like it. so back off! hehe....i just happen to like sucky cards. no big deal. move on already.

I

Istanbul

Originally posted by lilpinhead
personally i like Wall of Ice. And i dont wanna hear any crap about how it sucks and all of that..i know. i just like it. so back off! hehe....i just happen to like sucky cards. no big deal. move on already.
Actually, I kinda like Wall of Ice too. X/7 or X/8 walls are *almost* good enough for me to use, even with the lack of flying.

S

Sidar Jabari

Fog bank is very good.... Problem is it's too killable, one shock is all it takes. ;)

So the prize goes to Wall of Roots. It's got great Jedi Mind Trick potential, because people seem to forget about it when you're tapped out, allowing you to use the green mana for Giant Growth or Spike Weaver, or whatever sneaky trick you happen to have!

The other one I like is Wall of Nets from Exodus. It's a 0/7 for 1WW so it's up there with Ice and Stone and it also removes creatures it blocks from the game. (They come back when it dies, but you can't have evrything!)

S

Sidar Jabari

How could I forget Wall of Kelp, the lord high King of the Walls. And who said Homeleands was crap (It is in Homelands, isn't it?)

P

Prince RXI

Hey, I vote for wall of swords. A long time ago, that card saved my butt EVERY SINGLE GAME I BEAT!

Prince RXI, Moon's spirit of purity and life

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

wall of souls is definetly #1 but i also like wall of shadows, i use 2 of each in my dauthi deck