Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
O

orgg

Dwarven Demolition Team.

HELL YEA!

Dwarves.

They Blow Things Up.

...and they're off the reserved list, FINALLY. Time for some blowing, Dwarf boy!

And time to ride the pony, too!

R

Reverend Love

Royal Assassin, I dare you to send big stupid my way..ol'paly of mine will make him worm food in a heart beat.

T

train

Ahhh... but the Assassin's nemesis - the Serra Angel was always the opposing play - then terror, then black ward...

"Then black had to resort to Nevinyrral's Disk...":rolleyes:

R

Rooser

(Note: I voted for Rukh Egg, for the record).

Aside from Rukh Egg and Underworld Dreams, I have a player's set of most of the cool reprints, (Even the stuff not discussed here like Curiosity and Bribery), so I'm pretty happy with 8th mostly because I won't ever have to buy packs of it.

I'll bet that the orignal copies of Egg and Dreams go UP actually, because now they're T2 legal, which is where the money is, and you can buy them NOW and not scramble for them once 8th comes out. Plus the old copies are black-bordered and not on the new layout that a lot of players seem to hate.

However: Some of these reprints really won't really be that good in T2 constructed, (I'm not saying they'll be bad either), and that's why WOTC reprinted them, so that it can attract a lot of attention without really breaking its policies.

Here's my opinions-

Rukh Egg will be really good. It's splashable and it combos well with a number of things. Although I think this card will be stronger in Extended.

Underworld Dreams will not be that good. The color-hosers for black and blue are too strong to risk playing either of them mono-color anymore, (Well, okay, Zombies are hella viable), and this card is very mono-black, (Though it could get some splashable lovin' from Cabal Ritual). It combos neatly with Teferi's Puzzle Box, also in 8th, and it might even be good sideboard against cycling or a deck that tends to draw itself stupid, (ahem ... psychatog), but it really doesn't break the format in anyway, (Although I dare all of you to prove me wrong. I'd like to be wrong about this one). I guess it could be a good support card for zombies but that might be a waste of a card slot.

Savannah Lions will be good, but not as crazy good as you all think. The future of white-weenie in T2 is soldiers, and this is a cat. No Shared Triumph or Catapult squad for him. I've been saying for over a year, (not online, but to my friends in the real world), that they might as well reprint Savannah Lions because people are pretty attuned to dealing with 2/1's these days.

Zur's Weirding can be really good if people stop trying to combo it with weird crap, (No pun intended). Play it the way it was probably designed to be played: Drop it late-game once you have heavy control of the board and use it to stop your opponent from drawing answers to your threats. It's that simple.

Royal Assassin is a 3cc 1/1. I'm not sure if you guys have been paying attention to T2 much, but that sucks hard. He's too easy to kill in this environment, and there are more consistent ways to deal with creatures in black, even after ody-block rotates out. He's not terrible, but for him to work well he needs to be a late game play that holds off the one-at-a-time flow of your opponent's dwindling army, and as late-game clinchers go, Visara is much better. This guy does not cut the mustard anymore.

Lord of the Undead is prehaps too strong as long as Gempalm Polluter is floating around. This guys undoubtedly rocks.

Viashino Sandstalker is good, but Lava Hounds and Firecat are better and might overshadow it. Not that you can't run all three!

Choke is almost cancelled out by Defense Grid as it's more versatile. I think it was a bit mean spirited to print BOTH and discontinue counterspell at the same time. One of the three would have been good enough for me.

Flashfires is needed sideboard for red, at least once Price of Glory rotates out. No sense losing to something as stupid as a COP: Red.

I'm out of opinion juice. Talk to you later.