Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Urza's Lands (what the?)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please list)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A

Apollo

The Lions. I still have all my old kitties lying around in a binder, and now they're back. I've loved them since first I laid eyes on them, and me and my kitties shall be together till the end of days...

*deep breath*

N

Notepad

My vote would be a tie between lions and egg, but since I have 6 lions, my vote goes for the egg! That is so cool that card is coming back!!! :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
For MikeyMike...

I added Apollo's and SeFRo's vote.

I have an article from rakso that Mana Drain is going to be in 8th, so I'm picking that as Other... :eek:

T

train

That would be awesome if the drain was in 8th... for those stinky blue players...

M

Mikeymike

Mana Drain in 8th....no, they couldn't in the current environment with all the fat that's being casted right now. It would drive collector's crazy as well. It is a very interesting rumor - but it is also not listed in shade2k1's spoiler.

He probably meant Mana Leak, or saw Mana Leak and thought it was Mana Drain.

BTW - Thanks for clearing up my poll Spidey

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I haven't read the article yet; still trying to get through the backlog of stuff from the past week. I'll post an update when I do.

Killer Joe

Hammer of Bogarden
I'll be trying to make a "Counter-Hammer" T2 deck this summer.

BTW, I don't like Mana Drain as much as I should. Yes, I know it's practically the "GOD" of all counter magic but I just don't like it. I think it's because I may not have a good use for the mana next turn or maybe I don't know the right deck to put it in.

~Mark

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just read the article and it's just him answering some mail... I'm not sure why he put it in the title, although it does say "Part 1"... I may have to change my vote...

C

Chaos Turtle

Shocked and delighted to see the Savannah Lions are returning.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I am too. "Too strong" or something was the reason given of why they were booted out of Revised... but of course the environment and color-thinking has changed since then :)

Ferret

Staff member
Woo hoo! The 'egg is back! I can imagine all of the evil reanimator combos to come w/ it - heaven knows I had a few durring the days of Ice Age...and it wasn't even my Egg!

Dance of the dead on opponent's Rukh Egg.
Cast Kjeldoran Dead and sacrifice the 'Egg.
End result: 3/1 Regenerator and 3/3 Flier for just 3 mana...

-Ferret

"What kind of deck are you running?" "Swampwalk. Why?"

N

Nightstalkers

The egg will be one of the woes of T2 this coming season :rolleyes:

M

Mr_Pestilence

I really hate Blue, but I have to admit Mana Drain is just too cool.

My favorite use: Mana Drain + a kicked Urza's Rage - insult and injury wrapped up in one (well, two, but you get the idea).

I voted for Rukh Egg - I can't wait to play Rukh Egg followed by Obliterate!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ferret: I assume you took care of your opponent's Rukh since his Egg was in his graveyard... (unless you made him discard it or something) ;)

T

train

Ahhh, but the original wording on Rukh egg just had it going to the gy from anywhere...;)

M

Mikeymike

To turn this thread into an open discussion on any of the poll cards.

For instance, Lord of the Undead is a big-bad zombie lord in a time of amazing zombies. I think this is pretty huge.

Royal Assassin is back, I'm mean, that's so freaking cool I can't believe no one's commented on it. Its awesome that new(er) players can much more easily get their hands on this guy as well.

Next, imagine the following cards in foil:
Ruhk Egg
Underworld Dreams
Royal Assassin
Savannah Lions
What, $50+ each?

Personally, I'm gunning for 4x Sandstalker foils.

E

EricBess

Originally posted by Mikeymike
What, $50+ each?
I don't think so. This simply isn't the same market that it used to be. In fact, the price of these cards from previous sets is probably going to drop like a rock. It will come up a bit and stabilize. These cards might be more valuable than most new chase cards. With most new sets, you always have enough people buying to get the cards that there are enough on the market. That will happen with 8th edition, too, but probably not as much. So, I can see some of these hitting $20, but not more than that.

Don't forget that they are white border. Those that aren't are foil, and that has it disadvantages as well as its advantages.

Edit - I just reread and saw that you said "foil". That might put them closer to $50. Time will tell.