Fantasy Football 2012

D

DarthFerret

unless something weird happens, I get my first win as well...joining a majority of NFL teams at 1 - 1

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, only TomB is undefeated... and the dummy team won *with* the highest score and missing an RB...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yay! I'm 0-2 despite being tied for the 4th highest scoring in the league. I guess that makes my team the Saints of our league.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, I kinda forgot to ask... what do you want me to do with the "Dummy" team? Actively try to get the best players for the positions if and when they become available, or just substitute it those on the bench for those unable to play week to week or just leave it be totally or what? I'm kinda thinking the middle unless there's going to be a hole in a position, then try to pick up the best available free agent, because I don't think the last is a good idea as it wouldn't be fair to those opponents on bye weeks where the dummy team would be weaker vs when it played against those players at "full strength" or non-bye weeks.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I don't think any effort whatsoever should be made to keep that team competitive. I was under the impression that it was simply "filler" so we could actually start the league. IMO, all the starter slots on that team should be left empty each week so that it functions like a bye. Unfortunately, it's already won a game, so changing that now wouldn't be particularly fair.

I also think next season, if we need another dummy team, you should make an effort to have it draft crappy players. It's not too difficult to set up a draft queue of players rated in the 1000's. When the team consists of nothing but third-string quarterbacks and guys on IR, we won't have to worry about things like this.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Huh, good points. I think we talked about something like that two seasons ago, but since we were okay last season and didn't need a dummy team, I forgot about it.

So now that it's won a game, what should be done?

R

rokapoke

Huh, good points. I think we talked about something like that two seasons ago, but since we were okay last season and didn't need a dummy team, I forgot about it.

So now that it's won a game, what should be done?
Give me a free win? Heh.

I say just leave the lineup alone the rest of the year. Make it like an absentee owner -- you drafted your players, set your lineup, and forgot about it. The dummy team already had an injury conflict (not that it helped me any), so it's consistent so far. Stick with it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I guess the injury is the same as a team bye week, so I guess it's okay.... everyone agree or have other ideas?

turgy22

Nothing Special
In all fairness to the dummy team, scoring under 170 points is a pretty difficult task, even with injured players.

Basically, I agree with Rokapoke. Treat the team as an absentee owner. Just don't touch it the rest of the year.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that's 5 and with me abstaining, sounds like a majority. The dummy team will be untouched for the season.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So my running backs did great this week, except two were on the bench... :rolleyes:

Here's hoping Rogers (and Rice) don't have a phenonomal game tonight like some other QBs (like Roesthlinger-whatever-his-name-is).

D

DarthFerret

I do not even want to talk about that....88 points from a QB.....ouch that hurt me this week.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So my running backs did great this week, except two were on the bench... :rolleyes:

Here's hoping Rogers (and Rice) don't have a phenonomal game tonight like some other QBs (like Roesthlinger-whatever-his-name-is).
30 points from a D is like a QB getting 100 points..... Chicago D got more points than either of your QBs....
Come on Rogers....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously... the Chicago D got more points than my WRs too...

But ouch! Rogers sacked at least 8 times? That had to hurt...

And looky here, the dummy team is in second place :eek: