Fantasy Football 2010

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I wasn't happy with Whitehurst OR Anderson, but those were the best choices I had (why, oh why didn't I pick Stafford back up when he was ready?)

But man, I hope Benson does has a great night... I'm crossing my fingers.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
<sigh> It was close up to halftime, and the Palmer pulled away. I was hoping the Pittsburg DEF points would go down to close the gap, but no.

If Gates had played and scored his usual, I bet I would have got it :)

Onto Week 10... facing the undefeated...

T

train

Yeah - I was watching the numbers - but the analysts were right... the Pitt D hadn't allowed a rusher to abuse them, and once Pitt was up, Palmer had to begin airing it out.

Benson's TD was on the goal line, so not a surprise - but he did earn it.

I've got #2 this coming week - we'll see how it goes... I'll have to post my predictions here and see how they come out.

D

DarthFerret

To help ease your fears Spidey, I am down my consistant 50+ point QB this week...

T

train

My takes on this coming week... (related to my players/matchup... foregoing the ATL/BAL game already passed...)

IND/CIN - The CIN running game will be credible, and allow Palmer chances to make some plays. It'll be close, and I say Peyton edges out Palmer in a game where both teams score 25+ points.

NYG/DAL - Dallas will show some play ability - but it won't be enough to hold back a young Manning that is finding his game. With Smith out - Manningham will be more productive. The NYG D will keep the DAL running game in check and Kitna on his toes. NYG by double-digits over Dallas.

ARZ/SEA - The Seattle D will stop the ARZ ground game, but not be able to keep the flying Cardinals down, and Breaston will easily double output from previous week. Still - With Hasselback back - I say Seattle wins by 6-7 pts.

MIN/CHI - Harvin will play a major role in this game by stretching the CHI D - but it won't be enough for FAVRE to win the game. Peterson is good for one TD, and Harvin 1 TD - but the lacking MIN D won't be able to stop CHI-town from winning the game.

TB/CAR - In a game of basically, "who cares" - TB finds their D and RB game pulls them through. With CAR on a 4th string RB - it'll be harder for them to establish a RB game and rely too much on their air non-apparent QB. TB by a field goal or 2.

PHI/WAS - In a rematch from earlier this year - the RB game for both teams will tell the tale. look for PHI to return the favor and defeat WAS at home. McCoy takes 2 TDs in this one, and McNabb watches his old team win-out.

PIT/NE - Brady's got a fever for revenge - but I think the PIT D will hold him back. With NE ailing for an air-corp, and a step-ladder RB - PIT wins by 7-9 pts.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it looks like I'm going to do it and topple the undefeated team! But man, we're neck to neck... both teams had amazing performances... our QBs kept pace, as did a RB and WR (especially Wallace, what's up with him having a great game? :) ) But unless Washington's DEF does horrible tonight and causes me to lose mucho points, I should have this one...

T

train

So far a 4-2 record on picks... maybe if I didn't take the line, I could do well in Vegas...

W
IND/CIN - Peyton did get it - but not the 25+ point level reached...

L
NYG/DAL - Missed this one... The only thing right here was double digits... - but on the wrong side. The Dallas passing game took the reins...

W
ARZ/SEA - I had seattle winning - but they doubled-up ARZ...

W
MIN/CHI - Chicago took this one handily, Harvin did his deed and had a slight injury, but the Vikes didn't pose the threat needed to spread Chicago far enough...

W
TB/CAR - TB won by more than a field goal or two, and Goodson did some good running - but the air non-apparent took the field...

L
PIT/NE - Brady's revenge fever won out. Even though CLE handed NE the L last week, I though tomlin's D would have done much better. That didn't pan out.

One more to go...

PHI/WAS - In a rematch from earlier this year - the RB game for both teams will tell the tale. look for PHI to return the favor and defeat WAS at home. McCoy takes 2 TDs in this one, and McNabb watches his old team win-out.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Unfreakin' believable. I can't believe it never occurred to me to pull Cooley or the Wash DEF because I was already ahead - I guess I haven't been in that situation before. I had victory within my grasp and let it slip away... Arg! Doh! Crap! Dang!

D

DarthFerret

In all fairness, it is not often that a defense gives you negative points, let alone that many negative points.

T

train

5-2 not a bad week for pics... we'll try again next week...

and oh... yeah... anyone ever heard of Michael Vick?...

and spidey - that would be an extremely interesting play - bench your guys, so they can't score (hurt) you... ;-)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
DF: I know. Who would have thought it would have been such a blow-out game? But yeah, once I saw that I was ahead, I should have just benched the two guys - Takklemaggot's (?) Smack Talk during the game cracked me up. I logged on and couldn't believe it.

Vick is good, but that was an exceptional game. :)

T

train

So - I thought, beyond me just throwing out my picks - what about a CPA pick 'em. Each week, Heck - if someone beats me on pick count, I'll send them an autographed Magic card from my collection at Random... Counts are straight up, and would only include spread notes if a tie occurred. Let me know if anyone wants in...

Week 11 picks...

IND vs. NE - It's nearing crunch time for Manning, and I think he hands NE the loss. It'll be within a TD, but I don't think the NE D can handle the best field general at this time.

MIN vs. GB - It's beyond do or die for the Vikes - but they are out for vengeance... Min over GB by 9+

NYG vs. PHI - Vick put on a show - but he's going against a much tougher D this time. Look for NYG to pull out the win and push further up the division ladder.

DET vs. DAL - The flukes were out in force last week. Stafford is out - but I don't think DAL will continue their winning this week. DET by a field goal or two.

NYJ vs. HOU - 5th ranked defense vs. the 6th ranked offense - This TX team will win out, as Sanchez slips and the NYJ line is held in check by a surprise surge in HOU D play.

KC vs. ARZ - KC is favored - but I think they're all sauced up... It's time for the Cardinals to take a team out, and KC is it. ARZ by 7+

ATL vs. STL - I think ATL is firing on more cylinders than they have right now (the perverbial giving 110%) and they continue to dominate teams they play. ATL over STL by at least 1o.

BAL vs. CAR - BAL still has a tough D, and a mid-grade O - but I think they DOn't this week. CAR takes the W - straight up.

CIN vs. BUF - CIN hasn't had it easy lately, and they won't here. BUF can score. But now that TOcho will be a little better balanced - I see the Flying Bengals giving BUF another L. CIN by 7+

JAX vs. CLE - Look for CLE to continue their unexpected dominance. JAX should be in position to win the game - but the dawgs have been let out and the Jags are the prey.

PIT vs. OAK - Though I'm huge on my D - I don't think they hold the Raiders down this time. It's Black and Silver vs. Black and Yellow. The Steelers have too much Yellow this time. Raiders get the W by 6+

NO vs. SEA - I'm not as big on my SEA D - but I see them pulling the Upset here. Hasselbeck manages the game enough for SEA to slip by the Aints in this one.

TB vs. SF - Battle of the bays - SF has taken all season to find themselves, literally - and they continue to do so this week. SF by 8+

TEN vs. WAS - Washington was completely shown up on Mon. - Now it's TENs turn. WAS D will play much better and McNabb shows more of why he's worth at least 3.75 million, and up to X million... WAS by double digits.

SD vs. DEN - Another DIV. rivalry...DEN got rolling last week - but it's all about the D in SD, not the D in Denver... SD wins this one by shutting down the run threat and cancelling all the air-game. SD by double digits.

D

DarthFerret

I would be up for a pickem...and here are my predictions:

NE over Ind. - Indy is overrated this year and the last 5 games of this season will start to show that.

GB over Min. - Say what you want about Farve, but GB is not playing against Farve, they are play against Minnesota, a team that is frankly not that good anymore. GB by 10.

PHI over NYG: Eli Manning is good, Vick is better. With Vick's newfound discipline in the pocket, they got this game. Will be close, but Phi by 3.

DET over DAL - Here I am with you 100%. Cowgirls are pretty much washed up and it will show today.

HOU over NYJ - Ok yes, I am biased, but top running back, good passing game, untouchable in the red-zone, Houston has this one.

KC over AZ - Sorry to disagree here, but KC is gonna hurt AZ badly in this one. Larry Fitzgerald may be a factor early, but in the long run, KC by 7+

StL over ATL - Another stunning performance by Sam Bradford today.

CAR over Bal - Agree with you on this one as well.

BUF over CIN - Buffalo just plain wants it more.

CLE over JAX - Cleveland will come out strong early on the Jags, and set them back on thier heels for the rest of the game.

PIT over OAK - Even with a couple of thier weapons, the Raiders will not be able to stop the PIT offense from outscoring them by 8+

SEA over NO - you pretty much summed it up on this one too.

TB over SF - I cannot explain this other than a gut feeling. Gonna be a close one too. Will not give any points here.

TEN over WASH - Moss is gonna have a breakout game here. (Although I would wish otherwise). TEN by 10+

DEN over SD - I really dont know on this one other than I HATE HATE HATE SD....so go Denver! (Old Shottenheimer hate bleeding through here).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I would do it but am a bit confused by anything more than a straight-up "this team wins and this teams loses" kind of thing :)

Strange week... with the possible exception of the top two teams and tonight's results, it looks like every time with a lower record beat their opponent this week.... including me, I *think* I can hold on since no DEF is playing tonight :)

T

train

And though some of the games came down to last drives being close for me - my picks this week just sucked it up so far...

L - IND vs. NE - And it was almost, just as predicted... one bad throw - thanks Peyton...

L - MIN vs. GB - I think the Vikes thought this was a scrimmage...

L - NYG vs. PHI - Eli had this one heading his way at the end as well - but couldn't finish... oh man-ning bros.

L - DET vs. DAL - DAL gets more flukes, and DET just doesn't finish plays... I figured Jerry Jones' money was going somewhere - just didn't think it was refs pockets...

L - NYJ vs. HOU - HOU had this one bagged up, and decided to play prevent, leaving LT to open up yardage... way to lose it HOU...

L - KC vs. ARZ - Beanie wasn't as much a factor, and Bowe decided to continue his streak... no upset for me...

W - ATL vs. STL - I had this one pegged, and they doubled them up...

L - BAL vs. CAR - CAR did a lot of things right Sunday, except for everything they did on the football field...

L - CIN vs. BUF - CIN had this one skinned - and decided to let BUF pull a Frank Reich over HOU from Jan. 3 1993 out of the playbook? WTH?!!!

L - JAX vs. CLE - CLE had this one pegged - but their D wasn't strong enough, and the O petered out...

L - PIT vs. OAK - Oakland pulled a MIN as noted above...

L - NO vs. SEA - I don't know what kind of wheaties the Saints had for Breakfast, but the hawks had a bowl of weakies, that's for sure...

L - TB vs. SF - The old Bucs D shows up, and dines on crab... the 49ers are looking like they were all born in that year...

W - TEN vs. WAS - It took an OT FG, but WAS pulled it out...

I'm still with SD over DEN tonight, but am sitting a paltry 2-12 for this week - that's almost good enough for the #1 pick in the draft... sheesh...

D

DarthFerret

Well, I only went 7-7 so far with my picks. Will see about tonight to see if I at least had a higher winning percentage..

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Trsain, you might have done better if you knew that the Steelers are Black and Gold, not Black and Yellow...... :)

T

train

@Moose - a little - but someone needs to show them the saints uniform - that's black and gold... ;)

@DF - If you want to send me your addy - I'll get your card in the mail...

As for this coming week -

NYJ vs. CIN - The Jets fuel is running low, and CIN is embarrassed by last week - CIN takes this one straight up...
NO vs. DAL - The Saints put the boys back in the corner for playing so poorly, and take the win... NO by double digits.
NE vs. DET - If there was an upset to pick - I would take this one, but with Brady playing, he manages the game too well for the Lions to dine. NE takes the turkey, and the W.
PHI vs. CHI - CHI's D has been shutting teams down, but they don't have an answer for Philly's current roll... Eagles W by 6+
NYG vs. JAX - Eli and Peyton huddled this week, and both come out with a W this week. NYG over JAX straight up.
MIN vs. WAS - It's a dead ball in MIN - but they make it a game. WAS with W straight up.
PIT vs. BUF - Though I love my PIT D - I have to go against them again this week - BUF pulls the upset.
HOU vs. TEN - With all the uknowns left in TEN, and the collapse in HOU's play - this is a toss up. Heads TEN, tails HOU... heads took it. TEN with the W.
ATL vs. GB - GB is playing very well - but they haven't shut down a team firing on all cylinders yet - ATL W straight up.
CLE vs. CAR - both of these teams should have won last week - this week CAR will continue to surprise and darken the Browns day. CAR by 6+
SEA vs. KC - Again I don't think KC can really play and they've been very lucky. The flock gets together and pulls out the win.
MIA vs. OAK - The Raiders were completely embarrassed and will come back with a vengeance. OAK by double digits.
IND vs. SD - I noted that both Mannings would get a win earlier, and I stick by it. SD is the premier team in the league right now - but the TEAM in IND comes together and gets the W... Peyton is still not happy about that NE throw, and he takes it out on SD.
ARZ vs. SF - This is another toss up - both can shine and both can fold. heads ARZ, tails SF... tails so SF with the W.
DEN v.s STL - DEN's coach will be under the gun - but I don't think they can save themselves. STL pulls the upset.
BAL vs. TB - In a battle of D's - it comes down to offense. Right now, I believe the better O is in fl-O-rida... TB by 6+

And let the turkey week games begin...