Fake Card: Errant Minion, and you though EATER of DAYS was Huge!!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Limited said:
Isn't this the same as "Cannot be the target of Blue spells" seeing as there aren't a lot of untargeted blue spells that deal damage to a creature?
(like with Spellbane Centaur?)
I first thought of Spellbane Centaur too. There are not a lot of untargeted blue spells that deal damage to creatures. I can't think of any right now...

F

Force of Will Smith

ok ill use, cant be the target of blue spells.. but blue abilities ill keep... as a blue creature that could tap your errant would be fine..

D

DarthFerret

Looks ok to me. But I still do not think I would ever actually play with it in a deck..

F

Force of Will Smith

should i knock it down to 5 mana then? knock land restriction down to 3?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I would be careful about going too low on the mana cost. That was what broke Phyrexian Dreadnought...

D

DarthFerret

Agreed. Too low and someone will find a way around the other restrictions (as I said, Mark of Fury,). I would keep it up there, it is just not MY playing style. I am sure others would probably use it.

F

Force of Will Smith

well i bumped it down to 5.. since an eater of days costs 4, and is huge

with 4 for a 9/8 flying trampler... this has no trample.. only flying.. and cost 2x the turns that eater does.. which might make titan at least a 18/17 flying trampler.

I wanted some sort of land restriction so you cant dump him out turn 1 or 2 or 3..
turn 4 after your opponent has 2 lands seems fair. It now costs 5, and requirement of 3 lands for all opponents... besides... if any opponent sacrifices lands to put them at 2..
you can never ever play him.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just a note:

FoWS said:
like stifling a goblin piledriver's protection from blue...
You can't Stifle someone's protection. Stifle only affects activated or triggered abilities, of which protection is neither.

L

Limited

Spiderman said:
Just a note:
You can't Stifle someone's protection. Stifle only affects activated or triggered abilities, of which protection is neither.
What he meant is that you can stifle his "Whenever Goblin Piledriver attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Goblin" despite him having protection from blue..

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah. Well in that case, he's thinking about it wrong if FoWS is saying:

you can't target a line of text without touching the card... thats ridiculous..
You're not "targeting a line of text", you're targeting an ability on the stack... you have to think about it differently. Kinda like someone thinking they could kill a Prodigal Sorceror after it used its ping ability and thinking the ping damage also is nullified...

F

Force of Will Smith

i was referring to targeting the ability: protection from blue..

but meh..whatever

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, back to my first statement, you guys are playing wrong if you think you can Stifle protection... :)

L

Limited

Force of Will Smith said:
i was referring to targeting the ability: protection from blue..
Then Spidey was right. Protection from blue is continous ability which doesn't count as an activated ability and doesn't trigger whenever it is applicable, so you can't stifle it.

F

Force of Will Smith

i didnt think so. I thought that was a little bit too cheesy...
I'm gonna have to tell my friend.. arrgh.