Fake Card: Errant Minion, and you though EATER of DAYS was Huge!!

Discussion in 'Home Made Cards' started by Force of Will Smith, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I first thought of Spellbane Centaur too. There are not a lot of untargeted blue spells that deal damage to creatures. I can't think of any right now...
  2. Force of Will Smith New Member

ok ill use, cant be the target of blue spells.. but blue abilities ill keep... as a blue creature that could tap your errant would be fine..
  3. Force of Will Smith New Member

heres the updated one

Attached Files:

4. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Looks ok to me. But I still do not think I would ever actually play with it in a deck..
  5. Force of Will Smith New Member

should i knock it down to 5 mana then? knock land restriction down to 3?
  6. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I would be careful about going too low on the mana cost. That was what broke Phyrexian Dreadnought...
  7. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Agreed. Too low and someone will find a way around the other restrictions (as I said, Mark of Fury,). I would keep it up there, it is just not MY playing style. I am sure others would probably use it.
  8. Force of Will Smith New Member

well i bumped it down to 5.. since an eater of days costs 4, and is huge

with 4 for a 9/8 flying trampler... this has no trample.. only flying.. and cost 2x the turns that eater does.. which might make titan at least a 18/17 flying trampler.

I wanted some sort of land restriction so you cant dump him out turn 1 or 2 or 3..
    turn 4 after your opponent has 2 lands seems fair. It now costs 5, and requirement of 3 lands for all opponents... besides... if any opponent sacrifices lands to put them at 2..
    you can never ever play him.
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Just a note:

You can't Stifle someone's protection. Stifle only affects activated or triggered abilities, of which protection is neither.
  10. Limited Yes, but we won't care

What he meant is that you can stifle his "Whenever Goblin Piledriver attacks, it gets +2/+0 until end of turn for each other attacking Goblin" despite him having protection from blue..
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Ah. Well in that case, he's thinking about it wrong if FoWS is saying:

You're not "targeting a line of text", you're targeting an ability on the stack... you have to think about it differently. Kinda like someone thinking they could kill a Prodigal Sorceror after it used its ping ability and thinking the ping damage also is nullified...
  12. Force of Will Smith New Member

i was referring to targeting the ability: protection from blue..

but meh..whatever
  13. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Well, back to my first statement, you guys are playing wrong if you think you can Stifle protection... :)
  14. Limited Yes, but we won't care

Then Spidey was right. Protection from blue is continous ability which doesn't count as an activated ability and doesn't trigger whenever it is applicable, so you can't stifle it.
  15. Force of Will Smith New Member

i didnt think so. I thought that was a little bit too cheesy...
    I'm gonna have to tell my friend.. arrgh.