Fake Card: Errant Minion, and you though EATER of DAYS was Huge!!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
D

DarthFerret

Again I say, OUCH!!! Prolly not broken, but anyone using him would be lucky to keep him out long enough to attack (or can we say, mark of fury?)

F

Force of Will Smith

hell yeah.. it works so well with the art though.. cause he's flying away... doing some business.. caught up in things... hes gonna be gone for 2 turns...
THEN.. he'll whup ass...

we needed a balanced 14/14 creature though....
:D thanks

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Pandemonium would be good with it, but this costs 6 for 14 damage. Saproling Burst costs 4G for 21 damage...

F

Force of Will Smith

its funny how i managed to make a 14/14 that people wouldnt play :D

E

evan d

Multiplayer this would be unplayable, unless its teams.

1 on 1 maybe, but you had best have a moments peace.

F

Force of Will Smith

i think he'd be fun though... have you ever killed someone with an eater of days? its a great feeling. and im not talking stifling it either..

D

DarthFerret

I still say, Mark of Fury, or some other Haste granting card. Then who cares if you have to skip your next 2 turns, Might of Oaks and your opponent is deader than a doornail!

F

Force of Will Smith

i think i found a solution.. same card.. but protection from blue..

taht way you cant stifle it... but it cant be bounced either!!!!

whattaya think?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Force of Will Smith said:
i think i found a solution.. same card.. but protection from blue..

taht way you cant stifle it... but it cant be bounced either!!!!

whattaya think?
It wouldn't become too good by having protection from blue. To me it seems kind of unfair though...

Not that blue's treatment in this game so far has been fair toward the other colors...

D

DarthFerret

lol. I personally hate anything that has Protection from Blue, cause that is the one protection that you cannot mind bend/sleight. Besides, then you could not play Diplomatic Immunity on your huge beast to keep him alive long enough to use him. Now an idea might be to make him Pro - Instants. That could be just the kicker you need to keep him alive.

L

Limited

Wait a minute.. If you give the creature protection from blue, you are still allowed to stifle the triggered ability. Stifle never targets the permanent, just the ability, which doesn't 'share' its protection from blue with the permanent that created it.

F

Force of Will Smith

I've never agreed with that BS rule... like stifling a goblin piledriver's protection from blue... you can't target a line of text without touching the card... thats ridiculous..
rules or no rules my playgroup never abides by that. Same with the blasting station/beacon rule... that they all trigger separately..bllah.
It never worked with mogg infestation, shouldnt work now. Its like the card being cast is responding to itself before it even hits play.. ridiculous.

One guy tried to argue that was true (which t2 it has somehow made it past)
but like waylay this ruling will most likely correct itself in 10th edition.
Instead we let him have it, and next game i brought out my grinding station cog deck where the opponent could lose 20 cards per turn.... he hasnt played that deck since :D.

"protection from blue spells" would be the line i'd give him then.

that way bounce is ineffectual.. but he wouldnt have free reign to smash a blue monoblue player... i was thinking how cheesy that would be...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Protection from blue spells? Well, it's never been done before, but it seems like it could work--as well as making things more fair to blue players...

L

Limited

Force of Will Smith said:
I've never agreed with that BS rule... like stifling a goblin piledriver's protection from blue... you can't target a line of text without touching the card... thats ridiculous..
rules or no rules my playgroup never abides by that. Same with the blasting station/beacon rule... that they all trigger separately..bllah.
It never worked with mogg infestation, shouldnt work now.
I don't think this is something that is going to be 'fixed' because its not a mistake. Cards are supposed to interact like this; if you don't handle all triggers, there would have to be some ruling about what triggers outweigh other and people would really be able to abuse that. If you don't let every player gain priority after a spell or effect resolves, there could be situations in which you aren't allowed to play an instant that would otherwise save you..

And what do you mean when you say if never worked with mogg infestation? What didn't work?

I am kinda curious about the cog deck; have you posted it somewhere?

L

Limited

Oversoul said:
Protection from blue spells? Well, it's never been done before, but it seems like it could work--as well as making things more fair to blue players...
Isn't this the same as "Cannot be the target of Blue spells" seeing as there aren't a lot of untargeted blue spells that deal damage to a creature?
(like with Spellbane Centaur?)

E

evan d

This card basicly reads "If you ahve fling in hand and you have dealt 6 or more damage to your opponet, You pay 1R to kill target opponet.

F

Force of Will Smith

yeah i think the closest we came we're the one white cleric where you can give it pro:instants and sorceries until end of turn. ( in regards to protection from blue spells)my post was from the page before..

the way it works is.. i get a artificer's intuition, or tinker mages, to get my myr servitors into the graveyard... with a single grinding station.. its 12 cards a turn for free.. and with the auriok salvagers and an ornithopter it equals
1W: mill 3 cards..

the "trick" being... if you go by the same ruling.. when the myr servitors enter play... they create seperate triggers... so i respond to each one entering play, and each untaps the grinding station a seperate time...
cheesy huh?

havent posted my cog deck.. its pretty sweet though.. it was good before.. but i improved it.

now i can actually steal permanents, blow up everything and recur the bomb that set off in the first place, and i have ways to protect my permanents now...
has several ways to win.. either grinding to death.. recurred bouncing...
blowing up cards.. stealing permanents for 5 a pop... or swinging with a 4x bonesplitter ornithopter :D :D

and in regards to mogg infestation... with 5th edition rules.. since they all came into play at the same time.. they triggered all at the same time.. so if you had a blasting station.. it wouldnt trigger 20x times.. just once..
there was an argument with something related back around stronghold. People tried to abuse it, but it was ruled that it didnt work because you couldnt respond to creatures that hadnt yet hit play... now they just went back on their word.... thats why i say it only seems natural to correct itself at 10th..

with regards to fling.. .fling is in amazing card... fling also reads..

if you have 5 red mana.. deal 12 damage to target opponent (with ball light)

OR if you play an okk turn 2, play seething song turn 3.. you play a ball lightning... attack with it and okk for 10 damage.. then fling for a total of 16..
or if you did a bolt turn 1.. theyd be at one life.. in which case ... turn 3 you could fireblast for free..

fling is godly.. was that ever an issue? :D

my Four-Foil-Fling Okk deck is a perfect example of how red has costs that are too low for huge power..

L

Limited

the "trick" being... if you go by the same ruling.. when the myr servitors enter play... they create seperate triggers... so i respond to each one entering play, and each untaps the grinding station a seperate time...
cheesy huh?
seems perfectly okay to me.. Myr servitor is a fun card, but can still be easily disrupted.