Extended Discussion on Personal Views

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by DÛke
I know you did this by accident, but the play on words here is very cute. :)
Yes, completely accidental.

DE, now...if I use different terminology to convey myself, would that not be dishonesty?
I agree. I apparently implied it, but no, I am not asking/telling/saying to change your tone or terminology. I am merely pointing out that it will *clash* with others...

Yes, it is dishonesty for the "good of the people," but with all due respect, I fail to see many who deserve my dishonesty - they all deserve blatancy, and why? - because they too are blatant, not with their words, but with the fanaticism in which they live their everyday life, the very extremes of idiocy and...well...to say it once more, the very extremes of subhumanity.
... because of your personal viewpoint here. Again, not to imply being incorrect or right. It's all personal viewpoint. You are entitled to that. :) And by your own admission, these traits above apply to people of all race/nationality/creed/ethos.

Trust me though, I have wanted to throttle at least one close friend of mine because they refuse to ask questions or see the big picture of the current political actions and possibly look beyond the "I'm a good guy, Scout's Honor!" propaganda in the mass media. Violence begets violence and does not encourage good will, that is reality. However, I'm not a pacifist either and I do realize that other people (not implicating anyone in particular at the moment here) can be aggressive and violent even if you don't want them to be. Again, all I want is everyone to be healthy and happy and safe. No, I don't have all the answers as to how to accomplish it, but it's what I'd like to see happen.

I find that comment to be innocent. :) Have you not heard?-nothing in the world can change these people's minds - nothing can pull them up, nothing can "solve" much. I am beginning to believe that you are either born with the very simple talent for a little rationality, or you posses no rationality at all. But this too, can be subjected to the merciless "opinionness" of these people, and I would believe that they are the very first one's to ask, "but what is rationality?" - you see, they do not know. :)
Yes, it's innocent, especially since I tend to be a very pessimistic and cynical person and agree with you on the "settling" a large amount of people do. But, if people truly understood one another, it's that much harder to hate or find problems with them when we're all trying to co-exist.

A

arhar

So Duke, you base your respect on whether the person agrees with you? That's really ... typical of you.

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by arhar
So Duke, you base your respect on whether the person agrees with you? That's really ... typical of you.
Actually, it has nothing to do w/ whether they agree w/ him or not - it has to do w/ HOW they agree w/ him. He tends to respect people that agree w/ him for their own reasons and not just because he was able to sway them. He doesn't like the weak-willed...if he could just get over that he would make a really good dictator :)

-Ferret

"let the quoting and ranting begin, DÛke"

D

DÛke

Actually, Ferret, that was a surprisingly decent insight on your part. And let me emphasize the surprisingly part.

As for Arhar - now - if there is anything subhuman in the world, I would happily point a finger towards him.

Did you guys not read correctly or something? Let me restate something critical:
DE:

I'm sure we'd disagree on a lot of things, DÛke...
And...
Myself:

I know you [Dune Echo] will disagree with this...but...
To compare these, you can easily see that I am aware how we do not agree, yet I still show respect and good-sense towards the man. He disagrees with me. I know he disagrees with many things I have to say, and I know I disagree with him as well. But that we are still able to show a good conversation towards each other without asserting our prejudices and our "I think he meant this therefore he did mean it!" - which is basically the most common problem here, with people who compel themselves to invent and imagine certain aspects about another person, and eventually believe those aspects, even though they are the work of a sick, paranoid imagination.

And here is the latest example of this sickness:
Arhar:

There is a severe lack of attention here, and this comment was made solely based on what Arhar would so love to believe of me if only to force himself to have something to disagree with.
DE:

...if people truly understood one another...
People cannot begin to understand one another without understanding themselves. Frankly, a numberless amount of herds willfully try to avoid themselves, their feelings, their thoughts - they busy themselves with the "world" and its many distracting, falsifying aspects. Many cower to their so-called "God," some busy themselves with "love," others with acting heroic, rebellious, and "independent." There is a difference between reality and ideality - to say that "understanding is the key to co-existing" is a very idealistic, very daring, very fantasy-like statement; and then again, to want all people to be able to, first, understand their own selves, that could possibly be a more daring wish. People love to misunderstand themselves for the sake of happiness, ideality, "the common good."

...I think we have given these "humans" enough time to get to know themselves, to stand before a mirror and live through mirrors...yet wherever they have appeared in history, they focused on everything outwardly, everything beyond themselves. Today, even the way people tend to love has become a sickness. A life that is of such fear of itself, a life so beyond itself – a life that loves to “care for others” and “love one’s neighbor,” all to distract itself from itself, from loving itself. It fills itself with opinions and assumes a good stance – but such deep shallowness can easily be infiltrated by anything that has any will at all. And the greater danger these "humans" become is that they are unable to admit when they are wrong, that they are lesser, that they are unequal to something that is, perhaps, greater than them. Every living calamity deems itself masterful, and with the super-popular notion of "freedom of opinion," we have only encouraged such people to remain empty, void of any meaning and understanding of themselves - they grow up in a society filled with these rather meaningless opinions, they pick up what they desire, and "disagree" with whatever that displeases them - even their "morality" essentially and fundamentally grows as such: at the bottom of every morality we see what these people desire most, hence, it is not about "good and evil" - it is about that which brings one closer to what one desires. Religion, faith, God, "God Bless Me," "God Bless America"...all these affirm this observation. I have never seen a religious man who wholeheartedly believed in God yet confessed that he will end up in the very deep clutches of Hell - no - he necessarily believes himself to be "saved." How convenient! And what is more convenient is that he also believes all his enemies to be “evil,” to be the “unsaved” - this sickness is, as afore-suggested, the product of materialistic egoism, lack of self, and the wanting of something that affirms the self - opinions, Gods, lovers, friends...all these affirm the self, in fact, the more the self lacks, the more affirming they become. Patriotism, too, stems from this disease. And honestly, I only see this disease growing, with every "liberation of the masses," with every "freedom of <bluh>," we are nodding to the disease.

The concept of "freedom" is great, you see, but not with subhumanity - they do not understand what it means to be "free" - the word merely sounds good to them, and yes, affirms their "morality." With every chance, they will abuse their freedom, and again, tilt the axis of values towards their favor, their shallow favor, all because they are the "majority."

Arhar, I believe you made a comment about Mill's ethical theories somewhere - I hope you can get your mind to see why I am not his biggest fan. He affirms subhumanity. Supposing that the "maximum" number is the stupidest number - now what? According to Mill, you do what satisfies the greatest number of people, to yield the greatest possible happiness. But do stupids deserve this happiness and all this attention? I have read Mill, and it seems to me that his subhumanity usually disables him from seeing into the real world, and not the fantasy world where everyone is a "rational animal." In the real world, fortunately, some people are superior to others. And if we can bring our minds to consider that these superiors are the minority, then what do we make of Mill? He is society's favorite child. Really, he is a child, immature in thought, lacking rationality. His moral theory can be summed up with this basic sentence: to affirm all that is weak. But the same I can say about Western religions and their "God"...

D

Dune Echo

Originally posted by Ferret
Actually, it has nothing to do w/ whether they agree w/ him or not - it has to do w/ HOW they agree w/ him.
Thank you, Ferret. I was tempted to respond, but I figured DÛke would get to it eventually. You stated my own response much more eloquently than I would have.

As for Arhar - now - if there is anything subhuman in the world, I would happily point a finger towards him.
Let's avoid that for now simply for the fact that pointing fingers on a message board just starts digressions that do not move the main argument forward.

People cannot begin to understand one another without understanding themselves.
Excellent statement.

There is a difference between reality and ideality - to say that "understanding is the key to co-existing" is a very idealistic, very daring, very fantasy-like statement; and then again, to want all people to be able to, first, understand their own selves, that could possibly be a more daring wish.
Yes, there is a difference between reality and ideality. And I, up until very, very recently, would have stated simply that the idealogy most people would want is impossible. However, the first step towards any single ideology is an expression and discussion of that idealogy with others to make people evaluate the idea and all of its ramifications in their own minds. It *is* possible to make my "fantasy-like statement" possible, but it has to start somewhere first. If enough people were to think for themselves and come to the conscious decision to speak against the fighting in Iraq, it would be possible for coalition troops to simply pack up and go home. Do I believe this will happen? No. Not a chance. Not in my lifetime do I believe something like this will happen.

The concept of "freedom" is great, you see, but not with subhumanity - they do not understand what it means to be "free" - the word merely sounds good to them, and yes, affirms their "morality." With every chance, they will abuse their freedom, and again, tilt the axis of values towards their favor, their shallow favor, all because they are the "majority."
I wish it was reality to be able to disagree with you, but true. My question to you is, do you believe the majority can become free thinkers as you envision? What is the level of your pessimism towards potential change in human beings? I'm only curious what your view of the future may be (and after the reading above, I'm guessing it's fairly "grim").

D

DÛke

DE:

Let's avoid that for now simply for the fact that pointing fingers on a message board just starts digressions that do not move the main argument forward.
I am not just pointing fingers - I am making an example of what I speak, a proof. What? - how long are we going to say that "the majority of people are irrational" without ever citing just who these majorities are? - the time has come to make clear who belongs to the herd-class, and this, of course, involves pointing the sharpest fingers and objects towards them.
DE:

However, the first step towards any single ideology is an expression and discussion of that ideology with others to make people evaluate the idea and all of its ramifications in their own minds.
Again, this is too innocent. To discuss an ideology with others - first we ought to ask, what others? To discuss anything with the other-humanly means to, basically, speak for maximum number of people, to be "democratic," to be a "humanist." The hardest problem in discussing new ideologies and new values is finding the right minds, the right free minds - and who is free today? Grab any peasant of society, and he will tell you he is "free." He does not know what he is free from, or free for what - he merely is "free." "Free," in his case, is nothing more than abstraction, a very vague, lacking concept that does not know what it means, but knows that it “exists” – indeed it exists, but it only exists as a part of the greater collective unconscious of the entire society who deems itself “free,” and thus the compulsion grows from one’s early years to have a certain hunger for this strange freedom, without knowing what it is. There is nothing, nothing at all, that is free about these people, and furthermore, nothing in them desires freedom: they shackle themselves with “the world,” they belong to the world, history, politics, time, “existence” and “living” – but nothing in them is alive. This of course begins to answer another innocent comment of yours:
DE:

If enough people were to think for themselves…
Let us examine this “if” – what of it? Never in history has this “if” been fulfilled – there is always a minority versus majority, always the one versus the crowd…and behold: the world is growing so that the crowd and its very abstract, very uncertain, very libertine beliefs are the dominant forces. That you want enough people to “think for themselves” – with all honestly, we must still look at this suspiciously! It seems to have much candy in its taste – what is “enough”? The separating barriers between people are many: from religions, Gods, to politics and values; and then we have moralities, liberties, and the numberless means to happiness; racial prejudices (it still exists), cultural separation…will to power. Who can break free from all these ties, to overcome the world and its masquerade, its obstacles and very empty words? – it is a difficult task to imagine, or more, to undertake. As long as a person still believes in any of these masks, he will be trapped in his cage, in the “good embrace of the world,” which wants every person to have a “side” and prejudices. I am not the first one to say it: but each of their moralities is resentment and a prejudice; and let us include politics there too, and its entire secret motives that derives and drives it. I ask again – can there be enough? You might begin to speak of “teaching,” but I have overgrown such a false concept: you do not teach people how to be free, this teaching will result in a world like ours. To be free – one has to be born for it, born free, born with a sense that desires to overcome and to create, and recreate. Alas, who of us can distinguish between who is free and who is “free”? Today, every man shouts: “I am free!” All this answers your question:
DE:

My question to you is, do you believe the majority can become free thinkers as you envision?
It is in my heart to say Yes, but reality hitherto screams No. The greatest war is between subhumanity and humanity – it is not politics, not culture, not religion. A war between the intellectual race and the other-humanly – this is the story of humanity, or rather, this is the tragedy.
DE:

What is the level of your pessimism towards potential change in human beings?
My level of pessimism is great. We are seduced by society to many free concepts, to many entangling, silencing “responsibilities.” The education of the masses, from the very early years, seduces them to the abstract freedom, into having them believe that they are living in a better world, a civilized world, that they posses many more liberties than their ancestors. But how much of that is true? – that remains a mystery to innocent observers. We have become more unfree – with every “necessity” imposed on us, along with every necessities we blindly entangle ourselves with – we have become more unfree: from marriage, to childbearing; modern love and romance; religious subconscious; hidden prejudices; patriotism and “love of one’s nation and culture” – plus, humanities highest aim is happiness. But this happiness, when it ran through the filthy hands of these majorities, it grew into a monstrous lust – now, happiness wants more happiness to remain happy, which is very contrary to what Aristotle said: that happiness is “and end of itself,” or “the thing which is desired for its own sake.” No! Happiness is desired merely as a mean for more happiness, to find more happiness, which in turn, is yet another overture to more and more happiness…ad infinitum. And the greatest underlying principle for all of our beliefs is the principle of pleasure, intellectual pleasure and any other pleasure. In such a world where humanity seeks the infinity of things, infinite happiness and principles of pleasure, there is nothing useful about it, because it has no aims – it desires aimlessness and infinity; it thrusts forward blindly, and is selfish enough to want to drag all of its history along with it – leaps to nothingness. Perhaps it desires nothingness as well: a world so alone, so “free,” perhaps this world wants to put an end to its movement by its chasing nothingness. And more than that, the other-humanely decides this movement and this direction, while humanity watches with heartache a world that is upturned: they think they are flying, but from a humans silent stand, which is righteously inverted to its rational perspective, the world is not ascending, but falling.

…and this constitutes what I see in the future: falling. Unless the war between mankind and these other man-animals is won. Then, we can move the world into a goal, a certain happiness, to give it a straight direction.

…and this cannot be established by “world peace.” World peace is the most dangerous human desire yet: it will be the final blow to what is truly human, and it will be loud victory of the majority: the infinitely-happy majority, the infinitely-nothing. That type of world will be the greatest cage and conformity – only then can it say: “we are all at peace,” without regards to the few whom are not at peace, simply because they are better and far superior to be compared with such a standardized, conformed, shackled spirits. The “peace” we might be headed for is, too, the wrong kind of peace: it is the peace of the crowd and the cowardly.

...my more profound vision of the future is so much brighter - but it requires a strength of heart - it requires an Evil onto Light: an instant inversion of all values, so that what is "evil" instantly becomes what is the greatest good, and thus the majority decays - and then, the world shall be clean again, ready to create values and obtain an aim before moving forward. And when it moves forward, it will move in a straight-line.

(Believe it or not, in that last paragraph I have just described the sustaining and withhold all further development in all the sciences, medical, environmental, and otherwise - this is an issue still too profound for me, still new, but I am willing to discuss it if desired)

A

arhar

Lol, this is too funny... Guess I'll have to come back to this to dissect Duke's nonsensical arguments one by one yet again ... when I have more time.

D

Dune Echo

LOST POST:

DÛke
T.N.T for the Brain

Arhar, you really don't need to waste your time. You are the Jew and I am the Nazi. If you are the "good," than let me be the "evil" - I will proudly be the evil. It is very clear that we "disagree." The main question remains: I disagree, and in almost all my posts, I have given some substance, I have given some thoughts, and placed some question marks. You, on the other hand, seem to have no argument: all you do is say Yes to this, and No to that. Where is your spirit? I demand to see your spirit!

At last, be thankful that you have something to dissect - I have given out ideas to be dissected. What have you given? Your greatest arguments, at most, recite some biased facts from some biased media that likes to glorify itself and its stance. Everything else you say is an...opinion: a very basic utterance and noise of Yes's and No's...

When you dissect, make sure you also speak your mind.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-01-2003 02:52 PM

DÛke, why aren't you publishing books?! :)

the time has come to make clear who belongs to the herd-class, and this, of course, involves pointing the sharpest fingers and objects towards them.
Change has to begin sometime and now is as good a time as any.

Again, this is too innocent.
Innocence isn't completely and utterly wrong. Hopeful exuberance is neccessary to not feel your battling is simply drudgery after a time. To be hopeful is to mean you haven't given up before the battle has already been started.

The hardest problem in discussing new ideologies and new values is finding the right minds, the right free minds - and who is free today? Grab any peasant of society, and he will tell you he is "free." He does not know what he is free from, or free for what - he merely is "free."
Yeah, I agree.

Let us examine this “if” – what of it? Never in history has this “if” been fulfilled – there is always a minority versus majority, always the one versus the crowd…and behold: the world is growing so that the crowd and its very abstract, very uncertain, very libertine beliefs are the dominant forces.
Yes, but why? Because people refuse to learn. This only supports, what I think your point is (I could be mistaken, please correct me if I am), that something radical must be done.

That you want enough people to “think for themselves” – with all honestly, we must still look at this suspiciously! It seems to have much candy in its taste – what is “enough”? The separating barriers between people are many: from religions, Gods, to politics and values; and then we have moralities, liberties, and the numberless means to happiness; racial prejudices (it still exists), cultural separation…will to power. Who can break free from all these ties, to overcome the world and its masquerade, its obstacles and very empty words? – it is a difficult task to imagine, or more, to undertake.
Trust me, I understand your reasoning for this. I am right there with you the vast majority of the time ("Dammit! Why can't people see the obvious?!"). However, as a free thinking individual as you appear to me to be, you have to realize that apathy and entropy are also not going to resolve anything. But, to do anything exceptionally radical, what would the consequences be? Would a specific form of "life" be imposed onto everyone? What if they reject it? Would they be given that choice to reject?

All this answers your question:It is in my heart to say Yes, but reality hitherto screams No. The greatest war is between subhumanity and humanity – it is not politics, not culture, not religion. A war between the intellectual race and the other-humanly – this is the story of humanity, or rather, this is the tragedy.
I think this sums up your view point excellently and anyone that doesn't understand DÛke should pay attention to this.

My level of pessimism is great.
And I can see why. And I share in that pessimism.

…and this cannot be established by “world peace.”
I've had this argument with a Buddhist friend of mine because he firmly believes that "world peace" is "perfectly possible." I've debated this with him myself because as of right now, I agree that the...
separating barriers between people are many: from religions, Gods, to politics and values; and then we have moralities, liberties, and the numberless means to happiness; racial prejudices (it still exists), cultural separation…will to power. Who can break free from all these ties, to overcome the world and its masquerade, its obstacles and very empty words?
Should that stop us from attempting to constantly better the world through pessimistic or optimistic means? Should that stop me from asking for the people on both sides to go home and stop killing? It doesn't solve the larger problem, no. But I know for a fact I don't have the perfect, right, or even acceptable answer to the larger problem... yet.

...my more profound vision of the future is so much brighter - but it requires a strength of heart - it requires an Evil onto Light: an instant inversion of all values, so that what is "evil" instantly becomes what is the greatest good, and thus the majority decays - and then, the world shall be clean again, ready to create values and obtain an aim before moving forward. And when it moves forward, it will move in a straight-line.
What is your proposition towards this end? I have not seen this laid out in a distinctive plan which is grounded in reality. Only, a "once point B is reached, all will be well." (Yes, that's a VERY broad summation, and I don't mean it to be insulting.) Yes, I realize a free thinker has to come to their own conclusions themselves. But you also speak of "the war between mankind and these other man-animals". As a free-thinker, you and I both must envision multiple roads to your "point B" or you and I both again are falling to your own logic and proving we are not free-thinkers or "human". The expression of ideas between two different-/like-minded individuals should further aid the exchange of ideas since we are all extremely different yet alike human beings.

(Believe it or not, in that last paragraph I have just described the sustaining and withhold all further development in all the sciences, medical, environmental, and otherwise - this is an issue still too profound for me, still new, but I am willing to discuss it if desired)
True. Again, it's an option, a possibility, a means to an end, be it positive, negative, or full or lack of consequences. Challenging others with radical ideas is what a free thinker should be doing. It's up to other free thinkers to decide to utilize, endorse, expound or discard any part of the idea. However, I think at this point, this thread has deviated from its origins in a long, long way and a discussion of this sort is best left to a second thread or private discussion amongst ourselves.

Originally posted by arhar
Lol, this is too funny... Guess I'll have to come back to this to dissect Duke's nonsensical arguments one by one yet again ... when I have more time.
Arhar, did you add anything to the discussion? Did you offer any of your own insight with this comment? No, you pointed a finger and said something derogatory without making any kind of evidential backing of the factual or opinionated kind. You've only added to the support for his argument and given him that much more reason to stand where he stands. Think before reacting or don't react at all!

D

DÛke

DE:

Yes, but why? Because people refuse to learn. This only supports, what I think your point is (I could be mistaken, please correct me if I am), that something radical must be done.
Yes, because people refuse to learn. In this very thread, I was speaking of the value of education - and no one seemed to pay much attention to how valuable education is. Even education, today, is extremely guided by the herd-class...meaning, in short, that it is uneducational, or at least, educates only what the herd affirms, in the manner which they affirm as well. But we do have to wonder: can everyone be educated? - from my experience, it seems to me that the truly free thinkers are those who did not need education to guide them, that they were educated almost by nature, that they were born filled with too many ideas, too much knowledge, too much curiosity. Indeed, this supposes a radical change...but what that change is - that remains to be thought about and decided. Is it a change in the way people are educated? I do not believe so - it takes a change in a more grandiose fashion, a fashion that not only touches education, but every sect of society - entertainment, politics, religion, social life, and every aspect of existence. What is this change? Whatever it is, it must be an upheaval - it has to be something that the majority does not want. They will call it "evil," but they call anything that does not parallel to their desires "evil," so we must not worry about what they think very much: "good and evil" are still to be decided by the new values, and thus all archaic beliefs concerning morality may be ignored for the purposes of this change.
DE:

...you have to realize that apathy and entropy are also not going to resolve anything.
So let us ask this: to whom must we pay sympathy and consideration? - I would agree with you here, but...the majority does not want to lose control: it has control over all values, it has power, and it has the will to happiness. Who of them dares risk their present state of existence and happiness? They want to hold on to whatever liberties they believe they have, to whatever constitutions, morals, and culture - their greatest aim is happiness, not just so, but happiness at any cost; they have come to value their lives so great, that they are willing to show apathy and entropy towards anyone who dares thwarts their leaps to infinity. It is they who have shown the first apathy and lack of consideration! - must we not pay them back? Rather, it is the only mean in which we can pay them back, by apathy and entropy. They are the first people who would become apathetic toward us when they feel threatened. Just look at their wars and constant rabble - they do not know how to get a long with each other, even though they are the same species, or rather, the same sub-species.

"But we are better people," someone might say. Yes, we might be...but in every dawn of change there is always apathy and disorder; every change is disorder, a going away from the norm, a creation of new values. So let this one great change also be the great apathy.
DE:

But, to do anything exceptionally radical, what would the consequences be? Would a specific form of "life" be imposed onto everyone?
No doing must be done without knowing the consequence, or at least, having a great estimation. We cannot begin to impose blindly lest we impose something on a spirit greater than us - the form of life must be so that the great is allowed to be great, and the ungreat is not allowed to be great or to be able to equalize itself with anything and anyone greater than itself. Can greatness be mistaken? Yes. Amongst the majority of people, greatness is always mistaken for ungreatness - amongst them, the world is upturned.

But here is where we stand before the greatest question mark:

The change we might inflict is only temporary, no matter how great it is. Social values and the social structure necessarily changes with time due to new inventions, scientific development, and technology (Here I insert the consideration to slow down and then bring to halt all science). Greater than that is...we all die. Supposing that I was a leader and I impose a change because I know, therefore appreciate, the greatness of change. After my death, in due time, all that I would have stabilized would slowly shift and melt, slowly reform into something not of me, into something of someone's desire - my concepts would be altered, eventually, completely changed into something new, something unstable. And it cannot be to my surprise that the axis of values will slowly begin to tilt, again, towards the majority. It is only out of weakness that we let the majority decide what is best, it is only out of lacking greatness that we let them, the ungreat, voice their shallow opinions as "facts" - and when a greatness dies, it is quite difficult to replace him or her quickly, if at all - and therefore, new greatness must grow, new greatness must become known, must fly, and tilt the axis back to where it belongs. And this should be the history of mankind: the constant victory of humanity over everything subhuman, everything that is lacking, that is dispirited. Insofar, our history is merely a war game between the subhuman type, a will to power, a wanting of power and happiness, a principles of pleasure. When will come the first man who writes the new history, the human history!
DE:

What if they reject it? Would they be given that choice to reject?
The real question is: should they be given the choice to reject, and if so, on what basis? We have already discussed how the majority, the subhuman, aims towards happiness and has as its morality a principle of pleasure, which it calls "good and evil" - if this is one's greatest preoccupation, and if one's greatest thought is of this sort, should he be given consideration? Such people are dangerous: they lack reason, and therefore, they are willing to reach their own happiness at any cost, to gratify their "morality" at any cost too - these animals are willing to go beyond all limits to harness what pleases them. They have no thought or care for the world: what they care about is themselves, but of course, they conceal this behind divine ideas as "God," "faith," "morality," and a plentitude of very illusive terms that they just might begin to fool us into believing that they are righteous people. But they are not! It is the principle of pleasure that guides them, and nothing else. Should these blind clowns be given a choice to reject that which is greater than them? I am inclined to say No.
DE:

Should that stop me from asking for the people on both sides to go home and stop killing? It doesn't solve the larger problem, no. But I know for a fact I don't have the perfect, right, or even acceptable answer to the larger problem... yet.
Yes, it does not solve the human tragedy, but with all honesty, I have tried playing the game of solving these little problems - it is a waste of time for me. At the end, it is a contribution to the problem: the problem seems to me is that you either solve it using all the pieces, or ignore it completely. If a wise man is able to put a single piece, to solve a single ridde, apart from the whole, he has done not much: this piece, by itself, will fall with time, and the riddle will be sung again by unknowing, ungreat people - it is they who will undo this man's work. Solve the riddle as it appears or leave it untouched - this is my principle. As I have said, world peace is a problem yet to come. I am against world peace for reasons I have already stated. That you want to tell both sides to go home and stop their killing - this is a good deed done for the present, it might even be done because it isimply displeases your morality to see people die. I have spoken to many "antiwar" protestants - it is not war and killing that they are really protesting, it is their feelings that they want to silence, their anger, their rage towards something wrong - to make use of that energy is what makes greatness, and to protest against it is to protest against one's self as well. What are the reasons to protest against killing? That killing is wrong? According to who or what is killing "wrong"?

...killing, perhaps, is wrong when it harms that which is greater than one's self. If you read this thread from the beginning, you can see that I have brought the issue of culture way in the beginning: as I deem the Iraqi culture to be much more aware of life than the American one, and I have stated few reasons for that belief as well.

...killing by itself - it is not a crime unless you can tell me that "it is a crime in accordance to this or that principle" - is it in a religious principle, political, personal? I have done away with such "principles," as they are merely principles of pleasure. Killing is not wrong unless it destroys a greater spirit. Killing is, honestly, not wrong when it is greatness versus the ungreat. We still can ask, “what is greatness…in accordance to who or what is a man ‘great’?” – I have already given a brief definition of greatness when I defined subhumanity versus humanity few posts up. Yes, all this wondering is very well entangled, that you will have to read all the thread, perhaps, to begin to see the whole picture. :)

DE:

I think this sums up your view point excellently and anyone that doesn't understand DÛke should pay attention to this.
DE, let me surprise you: I have been told that I need to learn proper English, that I need to actually start making sense when I write. I think some people cannot even read me. <evil laughter> It seems to me that the style in which I write is very appropriate after all, as it can only be read well by select few – which is exactly what I want. I should be the last man to want to be read by the majority.
DE:

I think at this point, this thread has deviated from its origins in a long, long way and a discussion of this sort is best left to a second thread or private discussion amongst ourselves.
Why don’t you simply split the thread? Find a good split-point where the thread really seems to deviate, and create a new one. You are a moderator.

DE:

Only, a "once point B is reached, all will be well." (Yes, that's a VERY broad summation, and I don't mean it to be insulting.) Yes, I realize a free thinker has to come to their own conclusions themselves. But you also speak of "the war between mankind and these other man-animals". As a free-thinker, you and I both must envision multiple roads to your "point B" or you and I both again are falling to your own logic and proving we are not free-thinkers or "human".
Of course I did not provide a lay out. I hope you do not expect me to have all answers yet, and honestly, I have more questions than answers – in fact, I have no answers to any distinct problem. I see why you think that we might try to find a new point of origin for point B – but I have my point A: I call it the Evil onto Light, or the inversion of all values. This is not an answer, you see, but a proposition: that all values that exist today, no matter what history they might have had or what intentions, have grown to be the principles of pleasure and the blind seeking of happiness – all values, whether political, moral, social, even environmental laws. There is no real principle behind it all – the evil onto light serves as the starting point of new principles, principles that will contradict the underlying, secret pleasure principle that exists today; it will be called “evil,” but as we know it, it is only the evil against, or, onto the false “light” of these people, and towards a greater light, onto the Light. What precisely that means still needs to be brought into clearer definition. And this is where I get to reply to your suggestion: ...
DE:

DÛke, why aren't you publishing books?! :)
Most people in my life, sadly including my own parents and relatives, have discouraged me to a great extent where they have made me doubt even myself. Being twenty, attending full time university, and being surrounded by dispiriting people does not help me. Nevertheless, as much of an isolating task it has become, I have already begun writing my first book months ago: "Dusks of Spirit: Pathologies and 'Good Feelings'." and it is half-completed. It is pretty much the same stuff I speak here, with a more researched fashion and more philosophical - but the tone and the terminology is written with the same unrestrained, untamed style; it will put off some people, but that is exactly my intention - I only want strong-hearted and willing spirits to approach me; this will be my personal overcoming and shattering everything the world holds most dear. My personal book, which I have also started, "The Evil onto Light: The Inversion of All Values," will take all the broken clay after the masscare of Dusks of Spirit, melt it, and then shape it again into something new, something of abuse, something contrary to all ethics hitherto - my family's problem is with this book: it goes against everything, even their beliefs (my dad went as far as saying that it will finally imprison me). And then I have "To Go Beyond," "The Libertine" and "O My Human!" forming in my head.

I should complete Dusks of Spirit by the end of this summer.

And by the way, I recieved your email - I spent all my time on the computer writing this. Friends is about to start, and I just love that show. :)

Ferret

Staff member
Originally posted by Dune Echo
I wish it was reality to be able to disagree with you, but true. My question to you is, do you believe the majority can become free thinkers as you envision? What is the level of your pessimism towards potential change in human beings? I'm only curious what your view of the future may be (and after the reading above, I'm guessing it's fairly "grim").
He's not a pessimist. He's a realist. I've met pessimists - these people spend most of their time ranting w/o thinking. DUke is always thinking - at times, maybe a little too much - it is possible to read too much into a topic, but it's just your style of writing. Who am I to argue?

-Ferret

"Oh yes, someone that doesn't always agree with you..."

T

train

These threads make the most interesting topic for a tell-all CPA novel...

"and that uni-directional love-bird affair between Apollo and Zhaneel..."

"Oh - and that time, long ago, when Mindy hit on me... I still have the bruise...":p

N

Nightstalkers

"The secret of stalking" By: The Nightstalkers

What is this about our personal views?

D

Dune Echo

It's a split of the thread from the Iraqi sympathy thread. I couldn't decide what else to describe it as. :)

N

Nightstalkers

Sympathy (has been said) is for the weak. But while we as a collective we are pressured by forces not seen by man to evolve our way of thinking. Why should a bunch of pitiful creatures be saved by a government that cannot even keep its own people under its laughable laws? The Iraqi's cannot even help themselves let alone be helped by the U.S., U.N., or U.K.

That is were the operations that are not going on are taking place. You see, believe it or not, ther is a force in some places making things that are impossible, possible. Take it from something that has lived longer than most humans may believe possible, do not worry about the Iraqi's; as long as there is hope among them, their government will become stable once again, in due time. You see it happen all throughout the history of your race, and others.

It doesn't matter if their not able to save themselves, the other countries are now helping them rebuild and a force is making that possible to even the most sinical of leaders.

Time to leave... Now.

D

Dune Echo

He's not a pessimist. He's a realist. I've met pessimists - these people spend most of their time ranting w/o thinking. DUke is always thinking - at times, maybe a little too much
Excellent point of clarification. However, I've always loved a saying the CHA1N5 came up with a long while back when I first met him: "Realists are of course pessimistic. Optimists are simply delusional." I hope that explains my outlook on the matter.

"Oh yes, someone that doesn't always agree with you..."
Slight literary jab at me there? ;)

Even education, today, is extremely guided by the herd-class...meaning, in short, that it is uneducational, or at least, educates only what the herd affirms, in the manner which they affirm as well.
I will agree that my wife and I have often complained that high school for us was "garbage in, garbage out," simple regurgitation for state-standardized testing. All too often my favorite teachers would be unable to expound upon a particular piece of subject matter because it wouldn't be on the "profiency tests."

But we do have to wonder: can everyone be educated? - from my experience, it seems to me that the truly free thinkers are those who did not need education to guide them, that they were educated almost by nature, that they were born filled with too many ideas, too much knowledge, too much curiosity.
Someone stated something similar to me just a few days ago in regards to a totally different conversation. The flaw with this reasonable rational is that two free thinking individuals do not automatically produce another free thinking individual. Despite your proposed upheaval or any ideas anyone else can come up with, there will constantly be a cycling of free thinking and "subhuman" peoples throughout the world. Any proposal or "final solution" would have to take that into account. Also, what happens if the "final solution" is indeed instituted? Free thinking must be maintained and growth and change must occur lest stagnation and eventually death will happen. A final solution isn't exactly final then.

So let us ask this: to whom must we pay sympathy and consideration? - I would agree with you here, but...the majority does not want to lose control:
Well, on the flip side to entropy and apathy not solving anything, neither will total sympathy and consideration as you astutely pointed out. It would seem to me that like all things natural, a medium (happy or otherwise) or balance between all forces at hand. The constant seeking of an imbalance seems to be the root cause of a few things at least, at least philosophically. And by balance, I do not mean to say that everyone should fat, dumb, and happy (because I know you'll wonder if I mean that, DÛke :)).

Sorry to cut this short, but I've been unable to finish my response today while at work. :) I'll have to try to find time this weekend to squeeze in the rest (probably won't be until Monday though).

G

Gizmo

On any other board anywhere else on the net Duke would be banned by now.

Do it.

And for ****s sake will he PLEASE come to understand that the majority HAVE NO SAY WHATSOEVER IN ANYTHING. Western society is top-down, where the majority are told what to think and say and do by the elite capitalist classes.

Duke should be banned, nobody would be sad to see him go. Ask yourself what positive contribution he has made to the CPA in the past year?

None. Zero. Zip.

All he does is sling insults at people, and you`re all too bored/numb/stupid to actually give a damn. He must have driven away at least a dozen hardcore CPA members who were making positive contributions to the board. This place would be friendlier and more acceptable is he wasnt allowed here.

I run a board with over 2600 members, and the equation for me is simple in matters like this:
If X (negative contribution to atmosphere at the board) > Y (positive contribution to atmosphere at the board) then = you ban the individual.

In addition Duke is making it impossible to discuss anything rationally because he sidetracks every discussion into a rant pro/anti his stupid and offensive position.

Ban him.

D

DÛke

Gizmo:

And for ****s sake will he PLEASE come to understand that the majority HAVE NO SAY WHATSOEVER IN ANYTHING. Western society is top-down, where the majority are told what to think and say and do by the elite capitalist classes.
They do not have saying? Well, of course they do not! Yet we still call them the "majority" - and yet, they are still the rule of society, too stupid to revolt. Hey, I knew that the majority has no saying - what I do not know is why we let them live so freely, equalizing everyone as if everyone wanted to belong to the majority.
Gizmo:

Duke should be banned, nobody would be sad to see him go.
Cute. Does that not apply to a certain Gizmo as well?
Gizmo:

Ask yourself what positive contribution he has made to the CPA in the past year?

None. Zero. Zip.
And again...cute. What have thee done, O Great Gizmo?
Gizmo:

He must have driven away at least a dozen hardcore CPA members who were making positive contributions to the board.
Or maybe they left Magic? We can place many Maybe's here. Some left because of me. Do I give a damn? Good riddance is my reply to them.
Gizmo:

I run a board with over 2600 members, and the equation for me is simple in matters like this:
If X (negative contribution to atmosphere at the board) > Y (positive contribution to atmosphere at the board) then = you ban the individual.
Did you come up with that all by yourself?
Gizmo:

In addition Duke is making it impossible to discuss anything rationally because he sidetracks every discussion into a rant pro/anti his stupid and offensive position.
So you are saying that I alone have the ability to sway entire discussions into a whole new position that it becomes that impossible to begin to utter something concerning the real subject? Wow! I think you could be giving me a lot more credit than I deserve! Nevertheless: I write something, and someone replies to it...I will reply back. What I say could just as easily be ignored by anyone who wishes, and then I would have nothing to reply to - it is that easy. So you see, when a discussion moves out of topic, you should begin to thank all members. Seeing that you are smart enough to come up with that "formula" of yours, I believe you could posses enough brain-power to know this.

One more thing...
Gizmo:

All he does is sling insults at people, and you`re all too bored/numb/stupid to actually give a damn.
And let me emphasize how he said "you're all too bored/numb/stupid..." Ok, so he has the right to sling insluts at people, and I don't? What's so fun about that! ;)

Gizmo - stop whining, go do something important with your life instead of trying to become a moderator, stop trying to impress yourself, as if a "moderator" is anything important, stop caring about who and what gets banned - go do something creative, something active, something that will help the world. In short, please shut up.

Instead of wasting your Oh-so-precious time, you could have ignored me. Or I suppose there is this thing in your soft-heart that gives a damn about the "good of the CPA"? Please, I would laugh at that suggestion, but I think I laughed too hard at your impressive "formula."

D

DÛke

<invokes a Karen impression>

Oh, honey! But I never asked ya ta like me!

But you don't like me enough to stop wasting your time on me? Awww...