N

nodnarb24

thanks for all of your advice. I'll try to incorperate your opinions in my deck

M

manchot_13

Recylce
RECYCLE
RECYCLE

it is the greatest card in this type deck... with it you can pull off reasonably consistent 4rth turn kills

T

TheShieldBearer

Hey just throw in a few snakebaskets and a cradle along with some wild growth/fertile grounds a rofello's wouldn't hurt either any way thats my 2 cents

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
He was looking for suggestions on how to improve his deck. I think those cards would improve it. Whether he has those cards, or not, isn't really the point, since I have no way of knowing how "Casual" he is, much less what cards he may, or may not, have in his collection. He may even be looking at a deck he wants to use for online play, in which case it doesn't matter how much those cards cost, or how easily he could find them, for that matter.

Regrowth is cheap ($5). Sol Ring is cheap ($5). Cradle costs more, but for 30 bucks he could improve this deck's potential a lot. If he really wants to build this one up, I think it'd be worth it.

N

nodnarb24

The price of the cards that you suggest don't really matter because I found a store that will sell cards at least 50% off of book value.

S

superguy

Well, if it was up to me, I'd replace elvish fury with giant growth, and added in some elvish lyrists, uktabis, and maybe some Albino Trolls... just my thoughts..

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Add Eldarami.
Also with key Legends in your deck, you might want to add Worldly Tutor.
Also, with the massive amounts if mana, 4 Might of Oaks would also be helpful.

S

Seeker of Truth

Ahh...green Extended (maybe even Type I) beatdown...how nostalgic...

Uh, OK, anyway, I don't know how big a mana engine you want, but with the run of the mana-producing elves in Magic, those that stand out are:

Llanowar Elves
Fyndhorn Elves
Priest of Titania
Quirion Ranger
Rofellos, Llanowar Emissary

You could also use Eladamri's Vineyard, Gaea's Cradle, Heart Warden, etc. As much as you would be risking by playing all elves, I think a deck with that kind of mana production has to be faster than most decks' defense mechanisms.

Elvish Fury fits the theme and is common, and Overrun is an excellent finisher, but with a lot of mana, maybe Vitalizing Wind would work? I know that it doesn't grant your creatures trample like Overrun, but maybe you could include Stampede Driver.

I personally would go with the Snake Basket, too, but if you want to stay in theme, maybe Collective Unconscious would do to replenish your hand and allow you to cast more creatures. I have a mana-engine deck that relies on Collective Unconscious to refill my hand and allow me to play more mana engine cards, and it's quite effective.

Your deck should be extremely fast, and only truly dedicated decks should have a chance against that kind of speed.

D

Duel

First, please don't reply with "this deck sucks" or "my deck could beat this deck easy" or the like. It tells nothing.

Ther have a point, elf decks are weak now. Massacre and forced march and fault line and earthquake and wrath of god and mageta the lion and winds of rath and the masques white card (deals power in damage to the creature) are all legal. IF you play elf, prepare for war. I tried to speed the deck up and give it a little more protection. I can't seem to get it down to 60 cards though. Sorry.

Artifacts:
1x Coat of arms

Spells:
4x Spidersilk Armor
4x Rancor
2x Calming Verse
4x Creeping Mold
2x Overrun
2x Vitalizing wind (this deck should be able to cast it)
2x Collective Unconciousness
2x Tranquil grove

Creatures:
4x priest of titania
4x fydlhorn elf
4x quirion ranger
2x Kraklin
2x killer bees
4x Seeker of Skybreak
4x Llanowar Elf
4x Skyshroud poacher
2x stampede driver

Lands:
2x gaea's cradle
16x forest

I

Istanbul

Still, I'd take out 2 Calming Verse, 4 Skyshroud Poacher, and 2 Krakilin. Add in 2 more Coats of Arms, 2 Skyshroud Troopers, 2 Rofellos, and 2 Eladamri.