Eventide Previews

turgy22

Nothing Special
rokapoke said:
I really like Endless Horizons. I always like a solution to mana-screw.
I don't think a 4-mana card is really a solution to mana screw. It's more useful for pulling out lands late in the game so you can draw your power spells.
Budget Player Cadet said:
You're kidding, right? It has no evasion. It costs 7cc. And you're worried about it being broken?
I think he's referring to Primalcrux, which is only 6 mana, is automatically at least 6/6, has trample, and lies in a color that can get it out quickly.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Oh... Oops. Yeah, Primalcrux could see some play, like as a finisher for Big Mana alongside Cloudthresher. I actually like that one. But the only really broken card among them is Bloom Tender. Completely and utterly broken.

Attachments

B

BigBlue

Primalcrux... It doesn't have evasion, it has Trample... and at 6 CC... most decent monogreen decks could play one by turn 3 or 4 depending on the draw they get. And... I'm entirely speaking from a casual sense... I don't care about the tournament scene where Green isn't played...

OK - I don't have time to read the articles right now... but for someone who has...

Does Chroma count the "split" mana symbols? (W/B) - is that both a White and a Black mana symbol, it's own special type, or none at all... I know the permanent is both white and black if it has the (w/b) symbol... but I'm talking about the symbol itself since Chroma counts them... Thanks!

Retrace + Land Tax = broken Or with Endless Horizons...

The Worms one could get broken if you run it with others...

Raven's Crime could be sick, it's still a card for a card though. Graveyard removal will be important.

B

BigBlue

I've really enjoyed my GB deck... it's very cool to see they are working that angle and releasing a lot more cards in that combination.

I actually got a Bayou in my very first starter way back when...

Killer Joe

As a "common" card lover I like Unmake. There's no condition to it either like it has to be attacking or blocking.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul said:
There's this other card you might REALLY like then. It's called Swords to Plowshares.
But it's not Common.... and it has a smaller, micro drawback..... Unmake is common, no drawback, but cc's at 3.....
I like the card a lot..... it's black, no it's whit, no it's Oreo cookie....... indestructible, indischmuctable......

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay, so Swords is an uncommon. But you know, only one mana. that matters. What drawback? I don't see any drawback...

B

BigBlue

Swords is at least 3 times the card Unmake is....... if only Unmake had retrace.... Then it'd be equal - in terms of a white card. White is all about playing cheap so you can play Armegeddon...

As Black removal... Unmake is very good... no color drawback (like Terror or Banishing) + it's removed instead of just dead.... Unless you intend to reanimate...

The fact that it's common instead of Uncommon is also a plus.

I bet it'd get drafted quickly in most drafts.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue said:
As Black removal... Unmake is very good... no color drawback (like Terror or Banishing) + it's removed instead of just dead.... Unless you intend to reanimate...
Wow. You're right. This card really is better than Terror or Dark Banishing. It's so much better, it's almost as though there's something diabolical about it. It looks like Unmake is the ultimate creature removal for black decks. I think I'll issue an edict about it... :p

Oh, and I don't doubt that it will be great in limited.