Epic [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Divine Intervention strikes again! Played this deck for my final game of last night. Wedding Ring kept Solitary Confinement going and bought me the time I needed to set up Enduring Ideal. The store was closing, so the game would have ended in a draw anyway, but I got there the right and proper way.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Wedding Ring is hilarious with Phelddagrif. Second time I've seen that. While I did ultimately lose my most recent game, the Wedding Ring thing made it pretty entertaining.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this deck on Wednesday. Someone had an Undying creature, so I couldn't resist casting an early Solemnity. This turned out to mess with the table a lot, which made me happy. With the board building up to have dangerous attackers, I made the decision to hide myself behind Solitary Confinement, but not before I'd already refilled my hand with Sylvan Library + Abundance. I had Tenuous Truce, Dakra Mystic, and Kwain to keep fueling Solitary Confinement. After my opponents built up even more threats and started plotting against me, I presented a hard lock with Decree of Silence. They misunderstood and started scooping up their cards, but I explained that I was going to eventually end the game in a draw anyway. So we all just kind of vaguely agreed to call it a draw. Not sure whether that counts as a draw or as a rare win for this deck. Whatever.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I didn't have any new decks ready last night, so I brought this out for my first game. The board got pretty scary, but I was shielded somewhat because I had Maze of Ith alongside Dueling Grounds, with Greater Auramancy to protect Dueling Grounds. Once things build up even more, I deployed Solitary Confinement, then Wargate to fetch Serra's Sanctum for the mana to cast Enduring Ideal, fetching Divine Intervention. My opponents did not want to let me end the game in a draw, so I took on a kind of archenemy status. One of them even managed to destroy Greater Auramancy, Divine Intervention, Solitary Confinement, and Dueling Grounds, then attacked me and brought me own to 2 life. Yikes. I used Hall of Heliod's Generosity to put Solitary Confinement back on top, then immediately fetched it again with Enduring Ideal. I think that this opponent was under the impression that he'd be able to run me out of cards in hand so that Solitary Confinement wouldn't protect me anymore, but that wasn't going to happen. As my opponents tried to dig for answers to my enchantments, I fetched Humility, then Dovescape, then Moat, then Kumena's Awakening. I told them that Divine Intervention was next. They picked up their cards. I'll call it a draw. I love this deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this for the final game of last night. Kinda threw the game on purpose. I could have tried to devote resources to drawing into Enduring Ideal or Humility, but instead I had stuff like Silent Arbiter and Kami of False Hope. I saw an opportunity to do something silly and went with it.

Last year, a player running a Shorikai, Genesis Engine deck took advantage of my Intruder Alarm in order combo off (I was using my "Convoke Ascendancy" deck). He killed another player, but ultimately my Tradewind Rider ruined his plans. This inspired him to add Intruder Alarm to his Shorikai deck. Well, last night we were both at the same table with the player he'd killed back then, using my Intruder Alarm, and he had his own Intruder Alarm. I saw an opportunity to get this player to abuse the Shorikai player's Intruder Alarm. So it was a kind of crazy epic revenge. Had to let that go through. I took like 5 octillion damage or something, but it was worth it.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this deck for the final game last night. I kept an opening hand with only one land, but Eladamri's Vineyard kept me going, as well as powering out my opponents. I managed to survive, preserve myself with Moat, build up resources, etc. Eventually, I stacked Phelddagrif blue activations during an opponent's upkeep while both of us had Wedding Rings. This resulted in me being able to set up Paradox Haze + Estrid's Invocation for a Divine Intervention finish.