Edh power levels from the Command Zone

Shoe

I know a lot of you dont play mtg much any more, but for those of you who still do play. Have you heard of the Command Zone podcast's Deck Power Level rating? Where do your commander decks tend to fall on the power scale. The podcast guys tend to run a 7/10 they say, and claim that that is a pretty average number. Using thier scale I find I run between 4-6 making me between significantly and slightly less powerful than most decks. Was wondering if other casual players run closer to the 7, or if 4-6 is just the casual range and they tend towards cEDH.

Link to the podcast where they establish the rating system:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EDH/comments/dtnz3z

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I have mixed feelings about that scale. While I do have my qualms with it, I should probably just say that, overall, it's convenient enough to help facilitate communication, and seems to do what it was intended to do.

Some of my decks for the West Coast Commander League have been extremely wonky. For instance, I like to use a lot of good cards in my decks, but sometimes I'll throw them together to accomplish some goal within the Commander League that isn't really connected to winning the game. Here's an article I wrote analyzing my League decks from last year: http://www.casualplayers.org/forums...commander-league-decks-in-2019-article.17561/

I believe that all of those decks were posted to the forum here, so you can judge their power level for yourself if you like. I think that most of them would probably be in the 3-5 range. But some of them would be higher. Out of the decks in my bag right now, I'd rate them, let's see...

Gitrog County Municipal Lake Dredge Appraisal: 10
Ever Eat a Pine Tree: 8
The End of Eternity: 6
Epic: 4

Give or take.

Shoe

Yeah, ite pretty much impossible to make a rating system with no problems. Magic is such a freeform game where players have total control of which components and cards they bring. This system is just the most famous and well adopted due to mass exposure

Melkor

I build Commander decks but ordinarily don't get to play them. I'd put them generally between 4-6, but I've been known to make them weaker, like taking out combo wins or taking out tutors, because I'm trying to make the decks more random. Being able to put random cards from my collection that were unplayable in other constructed formats into a deck is one of the things I like the most about Commander.

Shoe

I build Commander decks but ordinarily don't get to play them. I'd put them generally between 4-6, but I've been known to make them weaker, like taking out combo wins or taking out tutors, because I'm trying to make the decks more random. Being able to put random cards from my collection that were unplayable in other constructed formats into a deck is one of the things I like the most about Commander.
This is my deckbuilding style precisely

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
When I did build decks, if I spent more than 15 minutes, I would get very bored with it. I would just go through cards and keep the theme/mechanic in my head and then add a mana base and then start to weed the deck down to the deck construction limits.
One of the reasons I don't build many Commander decks, it just takes too long.