DUke is a liberal!!!

T

TheCasualOblivion

Istanbul said:
Not difficult to read, just annoying to read. You're known to say in three paragraphs what could easily be communicated in two sentences. Remember, brevity is the soul of wit.
Not to mention reading is a lost art. Some people start reading something long and they stop actually paying attention really quick. People just hate to read these days, even on the internet.

D

DÛke

I'm known to say in paragraphs what can be said in few sentences?

It's called attention to detail; it requires an attentive mind. I will be damned if anyone here can say with utter honesty that the majority of people are thoughtfully attentive or attuned to the world around them so as to be able to express their ideas as such, or much less, read ideas that are expressed in that manner. And then, if the majority are actually just that oblivious to reality, I guess that answers all riddles and questions.

Besides, if everyone spoke with such a brief a sentence, this world would be more boring than it is. To speak so briefly, so...directly...without being able to express one's own character through writing, through every word, without reflecting one’s very mental processes...it all seems rather mechanical to me; and seeing that this is already a highly impersonal medium that we are using to communicate, writing tediously as such should not be encouraged. Frankly, I find many posters around here to be rather boring, if only through the manner in which they write.

Other than that, I so do love making everything a little more difficult, since everything else has been made so easy. I've said it before and I'll say it again: when I write, I don't want everyone, worthy or not, to read me or understand me, only those who want to; not simply "anyone." I don't hang out with everyone in real life, for good reasons, why should I make myself clear to everyone online? I have my prejudiced preferences, after all.

I

Istanbul

Quality over quantity, Duke. Words to live by.
Still, I'm not telling you that you CAN'T write the way you do.
Just that doing so carries with it certain baggage.
If you accept the baggage, go on with your bad self.

D

DÛke

I think many members can agree the quality of my posts is rather unique. In fact, I would go as far as to say that I've said more things of essential importance than you have. I've seen your style: "No." "Yes." "I agree, because blah." "I disagree, because blah." If the human mind in general was this simple, this plain, this boring, I would have died from boredom and you wouldn't be talking to me to begin with. Luckily, you are not my first example of an "interesting human being," this coming from an avid human observer.

I've made a good number of friends, here and elsewhere, simply because of the way I write and choose to express my thoughts. I'm not going to change that for two members who, should I also add, happen to be known for their inability to get along and inability to admit it when they're wrong. You're too proud to be wrong, which is rather weak and immature, hence the utter worthlessness of your advice. Here's an advice: You're stuck up.

I've also noticed how you throw such old and weary slogans as "quality over quantity," "words to live by," "brevity is the soul of wit." That's too unoriginal for me, too impersonal. I'm too fiery for that. But to each his own, right? Not. I think my manner of communication is far superior to yours, frankly.

You're not tellling me that I can't write the way I do? <grin> Oh gee thanks for the clarification. Here is another clarification: you can't tell me what to do and what not to do, at all, ever, anywhere, anytime, anyhow.

Now be happy, kids. The Pope has answered his calling, finally.

I

Istanbul

You think I'm stuck up?
The guy who brags about his college experiences, goes on and on about how unique his posts are and how great he is in general, thinks I'm stuck up?
Mr. Kettle? Phone for you, it's Mr. Pot.

Oh, by the way, I win. You flamed first, so I win. kthxbye.

D

DÛke

Well when an idiot tells me my writing is "annoying," I prove him wrong. He whines. When I win, he whines, and says he wins. Chances are, and this is just a gut feeling, you are such a great losers in real life that you love to come here, pour your heart about my writing (which is really about how you can't write), and glorify yourself with another...um..."victory." I noticed you used that on Gizmo, and now me, and perhaps on others. An advice: get a girlfriend, and learn how to read.

As for this: "Mr. Kettle? Phone for you, it's Mr. Pot." Once again, you recite some tired saying, failing to show anything personal or remotely interesting; and this coming from the kid whose signature says "Think." Who would have thought? Yawn. The one serious question I have for you, which I hope you would consider is this: can you be any more boring?

Next.

T

TheCasualOblivion

Personally, I usually prefer to keep my posts short and offensive.

G

Gizmo

Spidey deletes mine when I do that.

Ive had about a dozen posts aimed at Duke deleted in the past week or so.

D

DÛke

Here's an idea Gizmo.

Ask yourself why.

[Edit: It may not be Spiderman, by the way; it could also be TomB, or Istanbul, even. And were they deleted in this forum? Because you should be able to express yourself however childishly in here without having to worry about being censored.]

G

Gizmo

I say them knowing they'll get deleted, that's part of the fun.

Oinkmonkey.

T

TheCasualOblivion

There are subtler means of being offensive that I try to explore. Its more along the line of writing things that people just HAVE to chime in and take issue with. Confrontational as opposed to insulting. I live for confrontation.

I've also noticed the poetic license I tend to take when I speak tends to fall flat in cyberspace, while people I speak to in person, even if they don't know how I am, have a lot less trouble with it.

I

Istanbul

That's Duke for you. Use a ten-dollar paragraph to make a two-cent point.
You're too superficial, Duke.
*wanders away*

P.S.: I don't delete posts in here unless they're spam, like the guy who was hawking cigarettes.

D

DÛke

I am superficial...says the most superficial kid in the CPA, whose idea of wisdom or even "originality" includes reciting ancient quotes from ages long past.

The irony can be smelt from miles away.

I am not making a 2 cent point, like you; I am making a 2 billion dollar point. There's a difference.

You. Are. So. Boring.

R

Rooser

I hate Dukey because whenever I read one of his posts an inexplicable wave of asparagus overcomes me. :(

And by that I mean it has nothing to do with his personality or what he says, it's just that each time I read his posts, overwhelming amounts of asparagus start falling from the sky. :(

G

Gizmo

But we can agree that we find his posts tedious and meaningless?

D

DÛke

Then why all this fuss on posts so meaningless and tedious? I would have thought you to have moved on by now.

It's so easy to just read my posts, glance over them, and pretend they're not there. But here's an entire thread about me, and you actively choose to participate in it.

So you guys hate me. And? None of you is the first, not the last, and you’re certainly not the ones who I try to impress.

Stop whining. Get girlfriends/boyfriends/whatever. Engage in a real life relationship of some sort. Maybe one day some of you will realize that hating someone who's miles and miles away from you, who you have never met, is kinda silly, sad, and in a way, pathetic.

Next.