DUke is a liberal!!!

J

jorael

Do you need to be a liberal to call anyone a idiot or just bush, or can anyone call bush an idiot?

;)

T

TheCasualOblivion

Does a person need to be clear about definitions(such as liberal) when calling people names?

T

TheCasualOblivion

Liberal = Person for whom Bush winning re-election is an obsession, and who feels the need to whine about it whenever possible, add it to every argument, and make snide comments about it at the weirdest times. For example, inserting a hate-Bush comment into an argument over magic cards.

Its been four months since the election. Its going to be another 44 months until the next one. I have a feeling the whining will last until then.

D

DÛke

I threw in one comment. That's whining?

And suppose I'm liberal. Suppose I'm not. Suppose I am really your dad. Suppose I'm gay. Suppose I am the pope. Suppose I secretly like Bush.

Now what?

Get a life.

D

DÛke

You don't make sense.

But, if it helps, if I was your daddy, yes I'd be ashamed of it.

T

TheCasualOblivion

But I'm not ashamed of you, my gay, liberal father who just happens to be Pope and secretly likes bush!

D

DÛke

Can I ask you a question just out of the ordinary and out of topic?

Why do you hate me so much?

FoR gave me reasons.

Almindhra doesn't really hate me; she has a like-hate relationship with me.

Killer Joe just doesn't understand me.

Apollo tried to make sense, and I guess he kinda did.

Istanbul hates everyone who's slightly as good or better than him.

Gizmo has the same attitude as Istanbul.

And now you.

So what's your story?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
TheCasualOblivion said:
Liberal = Person for whom Bush winning re-election is an obsession, and who feels the need to whine about it whenever possible, add it to every argument, and make snide comments about it at the weirdest times. For example, inserting a hate-Bush comment into an argument over magic cards.
Interesting definition of "liberal".

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I make no judgements :) All I wanted to see was how CO made the leap from your comment of hating Bush to him "labeling" you (in a nod to Ferret :) ) as a liberal. And now I know. :)

T

TheCasualOblivion

DÛke said:
If by interesting you mean "sadly mistaken," then...:D
Once you see something for the 100th time, you tend to start assuming its true. I've found that liberals tend to live in their own little world and forget that 5 million more people voted for Bush and their comments sound much different to them. I'm involved in a local theater group where I'm the only person there who voted for Bush(twice). Between them and some other college people I see every day, and the whiners and celebrities I watch on TV, its amazing how little contact they have with outside opinions.

D

DÛke

Here's where "labeling" is wrong. So yes, I hate Bush. And I hate Kerry. And I've left politics for philosophy after 9/11/2001. Doesn't mean anything. It is what it is, in this case. I didn't care when Bush won. I told everyone in this very message board Bush was going to win. I told them so right after 9/11. It didn't come as a shock to me at all. Some people in this board know that.

Even 50 million people can be wrong. The entire world can be wrong, and one man right. Even if it's not realistically probable, it is theoratically speaking possible. I wouldn't use numbers as facts. Whether 50 million, a 100 million, or simply 1 man: numbers are weak arguments.

T

TheCasualOblivion

Twisting my words this time DUke.

I never said 50 million people were right. I said 50 million people were being ignored by the other 45 million people.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So...

conservatives can't hate Bush?

And exactly how are the 50 million being ignored? And can you say that the 50 million are not ignoring the 45 million in turn?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
So...

conservatives can't hate Bush?
That is an assumption I see a lot (not that it makes it right). Another assumption is that everyone on the face of the planet is in one of two camps when it comes to US policy (also not necessarily true).