dragonstorm

S

Skyrider

uh can anyone else see a potentially mean combo with Brightstone Ritual and Dragonstorm?

T

train

yeah - it goes something like...

badlands, ritual, howling mine solring
taiga concordant crossroads, lackey attack, drop goblin goon,
taiga, lackey, attack with lackey, lackey, goon, drop sharpshooter, play brightstone, brightstone, tap land, and play dragon storm - go get 4 big fat dragons...

T

train

Something even more scary - An Altar of dementia to go with all that...;)

M

Mikeymike

The only tough part about Brightstone Ritual and Dragonstorm is that the Ritual wants your deck to be Goblin heavy, and the storm wants it to be Dragon heavy. Dual creature type decks are usually much more difficult to pull off.

T

train

At the most you could run 4 dragonstorms, 6 dragons, and 20 goblins... I think it's easily do-able...

Only because you're not actually panning on casting the dragons... if you have to - you should have the mana later...

M

Mikeymike

Not sure about that. Look at your counts, you're at 30 cards - 34 including the Rituals. Let's say you want to run 20 lands. That leaves only 6 slots that probably need to be entirely dedicated to mana acceleration (either as spells or more goblins) in order for you to be able to cast the 9 mana centerpiece of the deck.

And if those Goblins get picked off early it will take a while to build back up to Ritual territory. There is a lot more risk involved than there should be.

But I have no personal experience with Brightstone Ritual so I could very well be wrong, I just don't see the Ritual working out as planned.

T

train

Running 20 lands is a bit much for a goblin deck... but if need be, mana, and or drawing acceleration can be included... The throwing in of dragons in the goblin deck is just for the dragon storms... maybe throw in only 4 dragons... either way, whatever you go for, you don't want it in hand, it is probably a major win condition.

R

rkoelsch

I think this may be helpful for WW

Astral Steel - 2W
Instant (common)
Target creature gets +1/+2 until end of turn.
Storm

T

train

just a little helpful...

What's neat about storm is that it doesn't care if prior spells were successful, or countered, nor their color, or type..

If any spell was played, you get copies...:D :cool:

M

Mikeymike

What's neat about storm is that it doesn't care if prior spells were successful, or countered,
I'd even go so far as to say it likes counters, since they add to the Storm tally.

I'm not crazy about this white one, but I look forward to seeing more - I like the the Storm concept a good deal.

T

train

I think play will be greatly impacted by the ability...

What I don't think we'll see is something like a shock or bolt spell with the storm ability...

"tap chosen for 6, play bird, bird, llanowar, survival, giant growth the >>>, play Shock(with storm), deal 2 to that, and that, and that, and that, and that..."

N

Nightstalkers

a giant growth? play two on a flying greenie and you get a +16/+16 flying thing.

S

Skyrider

maybe spiderman will get his wish and the ability will break magic as wide as urza's did...naah

N

Nightstalkers

all we can do now is hope and see what the almighty creation team is pouring out of the can.

Are there any reprints in this set at all?

T

train

The card backs are reprints!...:p

And The whole Urza's block just rocks!!!... No card created before then or after then, no deck, can't be handled by the Urza's block cards... They're all powerful...;)

N

Nightstalkers

STORM WILL BE EITHER UNDER POWERED OR SUPED UP WITH OBSCENITY

Take a look at the first Cycling cards to see my point.

Here is something too good to be true:

Attachments

S

Skyrider

I'm worried that storm's gonna end up being obscenely powerful. And as for the Urza's block yeah they were all powerful, but it also led to everyone using the same exact decks in Combo Winter