Downtime Today

J

Jake74

The most users thing isn't working... it just tells how many current users are online...

U

Ura

Looking very slick, well done Ed. I can finally get my ASCII signature to work as well thanks to the easier to use code, wtg man! :)

Kitties around the world will be thanking you too as soon as they figure out what I keep telling them about. >^-^<

C

Chaos Turtle

Now we have all the good functions that MTGnews' version has, without those awful avatars! Actually, I like the avatars, but they take forever to download for all us dial-up modem users).

I'm curious to know, though, what would any of us do with that 'PHP' button? If it's something cool and useful, I'd like to know how to use it properly. :)

A

Almindhra

Sorry I was trying to test it in here, don't know whzt the PHP does...

But good job Ed, you have my approval...:D...

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
PHP = language this site is programmed in

Since this is on PHP3, [ php] tag = [ code] tag ( = # in the vB code buttons)

If we had PHP4, it do some cool syntax highlighting when you post code.

M

Multani

The Posting options are great!
It could take me awhile to get used to them though.

On a bit more critical note, the top part where you have the Blue icon bar, and then the navigation stuff on top seem to be very crowded and it would be nice if you could space the top part a little.

Also, on the forums the place where it displays threads are a little too...spaced out.

I mean these are all personal asthetic opinions, but other then those small gripes, everything's great!

I

Istanbul

Aside from the smaller letters (my poor widdle eyes!), I like!

G

Gerode

It'll take a little getting used to, but I don't have any valid points to complain about! :)

Any way how you can get it to display all 11 smilies, instead of just having "Showing: 6 of 11" with all the empty space underneath the box?

One more thing: Any way to make the Forum Jump and the Go button just a little bigger?

Z

Zadok001

I feel kinda stoopid. What changed? I can't tell! I can't see a different font... *sigh* Do you ever have days where you're just a dumb idiot?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the only font that changed was the one in which you write your posts (like this one). Once it's successfully posted and put into the thread and you read it, it's fine.

It appears you can change the font to Ariel or Courier using the Font menu in the reply box, but I assume those changes will appear in the actual post; it doesn't seem to change the "default" font while replying.

Just a leetle thing, no biggie.

Let's see... I agree with Jake that the new messages in forum button seems toned down in brightness.

What does the enhanced mode if vB code do as opposed to normal? The help link just tells you how to do vB code in general, it looks like.

I believe the setting for the number of posts before switching to a new page in a thread was 29 or 30, as opposed to 15 now.

And I'll use this thread as an example. Since it's three pages, if I click on 1 from the forum and then 2 and 3 at the bottom of each page, if I go back to the forum, the 2 and 3 pages are not registered as being read (turned black or whatever). I don't know if it's a big thing, but it bugged me from the previous change (it worked two versions ago). Is it possible to "fix" it or make it work that way?

All in all, I think it's a great job. Mostly cosmetics and sprucing up the options; sorry Hetemti, I don't know why this change might cause you to look for another board if the previous change didn't. :confused:

H

Hetemti

I decided to give this place a second chance.

BTW...I came here because the board I was on previously chose to add needless cosmetic changes...frames to be specific.

S

sageridder

All in all I like it.Still liked the black and orange design and logo but it is truly cosmetics.The only thing I would like to see if possible is to bring back the spellcheck,and possibly more smilies.
ok that was two.Did have a question mabey it's been answered but what does the enhanced mode for vB code do?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Enhanced mode allows you to "nest" tags. I recommend just trying both -- the difference should be obvious then. :)

But, in normal mode, you enter what goes in between the tags in a popup box and the final product is inserted.
In enhanced mode, it simply enters the opening part of the tag, you type in what you want, and click either of the "close" boxes to the right to close the specific tags.

S

sageridder

That's just damn snappy ed.Verry cool edition,not tring to be a pain in the butt is there any way to add the cacaca color to the new post colors?I just thought it would make it easier for those wanting to do ascii art signatures.Not that my opinion matters but I just want to reiterate that in my opinion the last set of changes were major and a huge plus.

F

fuzzy510

I thought that I had learned everything.......small price to pay.

T

theorgg

it loads faster, so that's excellent.

The only problem I see is that NEXT THREAD--> doesn't dissappear if there is not a Newer thread.

why?

Ignore the enhancements, as I'm seeing if manually typin' them still works...

oh yea-- [me] Doesn't Work, as he couldn't find a job[/me]

S

sageridder

Ed,i just saw your post in the testing area,gotta tell ya I am blown away.Hey I still like the orange and black,But my therapist is helping with that.;) the overall image may not have changed to much but the functions... wow.
The [me]blah blah blah[/me] thing well do we really need it?
Just use the post options to color text as you please,with [color="336699"]*me [/color] in front