Door to Nothingness Sunburst Deck

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Force of Will Smith
Haven't you played a sunburst deck before??
Nope. Why should I have? It's not like the mechanic has been around forever or something...

T

train

You can also win with a Sorrow's Path deck. But that's different. Sorrow's Path is a genuinely bad card.
Actually I'm finding it isn't as bad as it may at first seem - sure the decks are selective for playing - but so is a Crystal Quarry...;)

I checked and the rules state that the Sorrow's path basically allows blocking "triggers" to trigger twice...

That's cool...

so a creature that gets a bonus for each creature blocking it, can get more bonus...

:D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not as bad as it may at first seem? It seems like the worst card ever...

So it's not hard to be better than that...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I do not think that is going to happen. If I were to lose to a deck that looked like your Path deck, it would have been from beats, not the Path. None of my decks rely on having blockers very much...

It is a possibility of course...

But I don't think that matters so much. It could still be the worst card. I could die to Wood Elemental or Mudhole or Snowfall or Great Wall or any number of other bad cards too. They're still bad...

T

train

Originally posted by Oversoul
It is a possibility of course...
right - the land could kill you as it becomes a creature!...;)

And though cards may not seem as play-worthy, that doesn't make them "bad"... just unfavorable...:cool:

T

train

if that's your way of wording unfavorable... then blue is bad...

(as it is unfavorable to me...)

:D

F

Force of Will Smith

I Think this deck is pretty sweet. Im skeptical that the single bombs or a single welding jar could provide THAT much protection, but i like the idea and its possibly all you need.

I built a deck similar to this, which is more of a extension of "nuts and bolts".

Mine used aether bombs, salvagers, grinding stations, bonesplitters, and trinkets, essentially. Basically repeat aether bombs, while fetching all my bonesplitters on a ornithopther. When i have a certain amount of control, or there are few permanents, 1W=3 Cards Grinded, which with myr servitors can be nice. Maybe ill post that deck for some heavy criticism.

Fetching 5colors with trinkets is pretty cool as well.

I'd drop a necrogen and a sunbeam bomb to make it 2 pyrite, 2 aether.

Pretty sweet looking though.
Props.

Psychogenic Probe needs to become good :).

Intruder alarm+animated faerie conclave+ 1-2 myr/Red man land/+Soldier of Fortune+Probe

is far too ridiculous :(. Infinite but ridiculous.... can you stall by making your opponent shuffling an infinite number of times ?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Force of Will Smith
can you stall by making your opponent shuffling an infinite number of times ?
Not in tournaments. It's, well, it's stalling... :(

But casually it can be fun. I recommend Forking Shaharazad alongside it... :)

T

train

You can stall by calling judges over and asking them rules questions...;)