Direct Superiority?

L

Lotus Mox

Let's pretend you're going to die the turn after your next turn :)

Z

Zadok001

WOW! I'm totally unessesary! :) (I'm not complaining, keep 'em comin'!)

I

Istanbul

Spidey - Easy. Your opponent is playing a red speed deck. Seeing that you're playing mana acceleration in the form of artifacts, he boards in Meltdown on Game 2. You have either Sol Ring or Sisay's Ring in play. Which one is he more likely to be able to blow up?

Or how about this? Your opponent is playing burn, and has no creatures in play. He's at 3, you're at 1, and you have no access to countermagic. You have Sisay's/Sol Ring on the board. Casting Peek lets you see the Volcanic Hammer in his hand, and you draw Animate Artifact. Which would you rather cast it on?

Or how about this? You have Pyromancy in play, and are stuck at 3 land. Your opponent is about to smash your head in with a series of fatties, but is at 4 life due to you activating Pyromancy at every opportunity. You have no cards in your hand, with Sisay's/Sol Ring in play. You draw, and it's not a Fireball, but it IS a Boomerang. Which Ring would you rather bounce and club your opponent with?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

This brings me back to that argument with Duel over which card is worse - Great Wall or the Italian Mana Vault which can't be tapped for mana.

When comparing two cards, there will always* be a situation where one is better.

In fact, I'm surprised people haven't resorted to the most idiotic answer in any of these situations.
For example, take Fit of Rage vs. Giant Growth.

You're playing mono-red.
Nyah!

*There is in fact one situation that I'd like to see answered (hopefully without use of the technique showcased above) :
Final Fortune vs. Time Walk.

PS: Actually, Zadok, I didn't look up any of them.

L

Lotus Mox

There are 8 Squeeze in play.

You don't want to pay (25)U for a Time Walk, when you could pay RR for one, you have to win in your time walked turn though ;)

I

Istanbul

Better still...

You're playing U/R. You have two Islands and two Mountains, and nothing else in play. Your opponent is at 3 life. His side of the board is irrelevant except for one very important permanent: Choke. You know that your next card is a Fireball. You have a Time Walk / Final Fortune.

If you cast Time Walk: You must tap at least one Island. This keeps said Island tapped, preventing you from Fireballing your opponent for the kill.

If you cast Final Fortune: You may untap as normal and smoke your opponent like a blunt.

D

DÛke

Finally, something to annoy others. :)

Here is one...

Stupor vs. Flay...

I

Istanbul

Your opponent has two Plains and two Mountains in play, as well as a Shield Sphere and a Goblin Bombardment, and three cards in hand. You have Stupor/Flay, as well as enough mana to cast either one. Tapping your Glasses of Urza reveals that, though your opponent got tapped out due to your Mana Short at the end of his turn, he has TWO Enduring Renewals in hand.

If you cast Stupor: Your opponent discards at random, then chooses and discards. This leaves him with an Enduring Renewal in hand. Goodnight, sweet prince.

If you cast Flay: You have a fighting chance. If your opponent ditches both Enduring Renewals, you just bought yourself some time.