• Unfortunately, a dormant admin account was compromised and some content from the CPA forums was deleted, including several active users' accounts. While most historical content has remained, this is a new version of the forum and only the most recent users' accounts were brought over.

    If you try to login and it says your account cannot be found, please register a new account. Once registered, we can reassign your old posts to your new account.

Dilemma 90210

A

Aku Necromancer

Guest
Ok, hear me out…so there is this girl who likes me, a lot…but the thing is the feeling isn't mutual…she went to great lengths to impress me -- which means she decided to like everything I like in terms of music, movies, books, you name it…that got old fast…

Well, anyway she knows I am not interested, yet she still thinks we can be friends…too bad I want nothing to do with her, she has become an annoying, nosey *insert naughty word*. It is driving me up the wall…no joke…

So how would the rest of the cpa community handle such an ordeal…I don’t want her in my world…but I don’t want to be a massive jerk about it…just maybe a little jerk….
 
D

DÛke

Guest
...

If you can’t be a little more honest, this is the easiest way: just "bring up" information about your imaginary girlfriend and how great she is. Say that you're planning to get married in 2 years and bluh bluh bluh. Make it seem as if she's always in your mind, so that every conversation slowly but inevitably leads to a profound discussion about your seemingly perfect girlfriend.

Unless she's a Stephanie Dunn from my high school days, who, 4 years ago, smiled and told me "So what? You can have two girlfriends ya know!" I couldn't believe my ears.

If that’s your case, then you can’t do anything about it, unless you want to get down and dirty - be a jerk.
 
1

13NoVa

Guest
play the oink plain and simple. if her waiste isnt bigger then yours, mount and ride...

its like a bowling ball

pick her up, finger her, and then drop her in the gutter.
 
B

Bob

Guest
Originally posted by 13NoVa
play the bitch plain and simple. if her waiste isnt bigger then yours, mount and ride...

its like a bowling ball

pick her up, finger her, and then drop her in the gutter.
Typical Linkin park fan reply.
 
A

Apollo

Guest
Whoa... I can't even imagine what it would be like to have girls like me...

Hehe, just kidding. I'd probably ignore her for a little while and hope she gets sick of me and falls for some other uninterested sap. If that doesn't work, I'd get online and ask all my friends at the CPA what to do. :p
 
N

Notepad

Guest
>> Typical Linkin park fan reply.

How is that Linkin Park? Was that a quote from them?

Or maybe yer just listening to too many Veggie Tales videos, so crap like 3 Doors Down and Backstreet Boys are "hardcore Satanic death music" to you.
 

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Umm... let's try not to take 13NoVa's advice... :rolleyes:

If you really don't want to be friends with her and want her out of your world and she knows this despite being told point blank (in a nice way :) ), DUke has some pretty good advice. I guess I'd just try not to be in the same places as she is, subtly ignoring her, or if that's impossible due to classes or "must see/pass her in the hallway", just say noncommital things as the basic "hi/hey" and move on.
 
T

train

Guest
All of you need to know that women can go psycho too!...;)

Watch your back Aku...:eek:

Question - would she not make it as a friend in your world...

I'd say spend some time away and see if she really is that bad...

if not - keep her as a friend only...

if so - how you lose her is up to you, and seemingly, whatever's necessary to do so, is necessary...

Can you pass her off to a friend of yours maybe?...
 
M

Mazzak

Guest
Try hooking her up with a lonely friend of yours. Sounds like this girl just gets addicted to the object of her affection. Find her a new viable subject, and chances are she will move on. In the long run, nobody gets too seriously burned. This can backfire however, and she may go absolutely batbling, but that is always a possibility in any scenario. Good luck.
 
A

Aku Necromancer

Guest
Originally posted by DÛke
...

If you can’t be a little more honest, this is the easiest way: just "bring up" information about your imaginary girlfriend and how great she is. Say that you're planning to get married in 2 years and bluh bluh bluh. Make it seem as if she's always in your mind, so that every conversation slowly but inevitably leads to a profound discussion about your seemingly perfect girlfriend.

Unless she's a Stephanie Dunn from my high school days, who, 4 years ago, smiled and told me "So what? You can have two girlfriends ya know!" I couldn't believe my ears.

If that’s your case, then you can’t do anything about it, unless you want to get down and dirty - be a jerk.
Wont work, she will know I am lying...She has some sort of obsession with me, that has become very unseemly…

Originally posted by 13NoVa
play the oink plain and simple. if her waiste isnt bigger then yours, mount and ride...

its like a bowling ball

pick her up, finger her, and then drop her in the gutter.
What the deuce?

Just the thought of it makes me sick...I am willing to bet that even a convict who hasn't seen a woman in years wouldn't seize the opportunity...

Originally posted by Apollo

Hehe, just kidding. I'd probably ignore her for a little while and hope she gets sick of me and falls for some other uninterested sap. If that doesn't work, I'd get online and ask all my friends at the CPA what to do.
Well the former didn’t work so now I am trying the latter…

Originally posted by Spiderman

If you really don't want to be friends with her and want her out of your world and she knows this despite being told point blank (in a nice way ), DUke has some pretty good advice. I guess I'd just try not to be in the same places as she is, subtly ignoring her, or if that's impossible due to classes or "must see/pass her in the hallway", just say noncommital things as the basic "hi/hey" and move on.
Well, I work with her, so I see her on a daily basis…makes everything a little bit more complicated…the problem with telling her off (gosh, I want to) is that it would make the work situation odd…and might make me look like the bad guy in front of other employees…

Originally posted by train

All of you need to know that women can go psycho too!...

Watch your back Aku...
Goodness,...does this mean she might take me out in the woods during winter, murder me and watch my hot blood melt in the cold white snow?

Originally posted by train

Question - would she not make it as a friend in your world...
No...she is poison and I want my world free from contamination

Originally posted by train


I'd say spend some time away and see if she really is that bad...
Been there, done that...I should mention this has been going on for more than a year...me making vain attempts to avoid her, making it plain and obvious I am not interested in her, and I want nothing to do with her...she has so much tenacity...

Originally posted by Mazzak

Try hooking her up with a lonely friend of yours. Sounds like this girl just gets addicted to the object of her affection. Find her a new viable subject, and chances are she will move on. In the long run, nobody gets too seriously burned. This can backfire however, and she may go absolutely batbling, but that is always a possibility in any scenario. Good luck.
I wouldnt want to harm a friend...I suppose at one time I had enough compassion that I would hurt her feelings, or that she would fly off the handle...but now I realize if I keep this attitude, it'll come back and bite me in the ***

I don't know why i'm like this now, wasn't always that way...
 
D

DÛke

Guest
...

I'm sorry, Aku, but I have to say that you have so many psychological problems that I can't begin to put my fingers on the beginning or the end, and this is coming from a person with ADD, bipolar, and severe depressions and schizophrenic tendencies.

I don't understand why you just can't be honest with her and tell her exactly what you feel, simply and rightly, without drama or any over-complications.

You're not into relationships at the moment. Especially not into her. You want your space and distance. You rather spent some time alone than laughing and joking deceptively as if The Second Coming is at hand.

See, there. What was so hard about that?

I would think that you have learnt at least that little from communicating with me - you know: a slight tinge of tyranny and apathy towards those who offend your senses in any way.

Learn to mistreat, offend, and disregard. That’s my advice. Yet again, you know I am one who wants no body in his life.

You...you, on the other hand, the fragile creature of humanity, need someone. "No man is an island" you tell me over and over again, and "every man is an island" I tell you tirelessly. I suppose a little self-confidence and egoism goes against the concept "relationship" and casual need for others.

You're in the stage of deciding your path: yourself or others. Each path comes with a heavenly inventory of advantages and...in each you'll have to deal with some of the most psychologically deteriorating mindsets. There is no mediation. Either you or others. Either love, or yourself. Either friends, or yourself. Either civilization, or yourself. And I should warn you: there is no turning back. Once you grow to be one, you will never have the capacity to be the other. I will not dare tell you to "choose" carefully. You have no choice. It's a matter of time until you unfold. And if there's no unfolding in your nature, chances are you'll end up towards the path which you already favor: "no man is an island."
 

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by DUke
I don't understand why you just can't be honest with her and tell her exactly what you feel, simply and rightly, without drama or any over-complications.
I don't know about the drama or over-complications, but I think he's tried...


Originally posted by Aku
Been there, done that...I should mention this has been going on for more than a year...me making vain attempts to avoid her, making it plain and obvious I am not interested in her, and I want nothing to do with her...she has so much tenacity...
If leaving work to find another job is not an option, I'd have to say just keep ignoring her except the bare minimum where you have to interact to get work done.
 
B

Bob

Guest
Originally posted by SeFRo
>> Typical Linkin park fan reply.

How is that Linkin Park? Was that a quote from them?

Or maybe yer just listening to too many Veggie Tales videos, so crap like 3 Doors Down and Backstreet Boys are "hardcore Satanic death music" to you.
Awww...did I offend the poor Linkin Puke, er PARK fan? Awwww...
 

Killer Joe

New member
Remember the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Or was it: The card is always right.

Whichever.

Be sure to treat people like people and not like things. It's a tough concept for younger folk but they'll get the hang of it! :)
 
D

DÛke

Guest
...

Actually, Spiderman, he hasn't tried being honest, trust me. He told her he's "not interested." He told her nothing whatsoever about why he's not interested. Also, he told her he's not interested in a relationship, so she want him as a friend...he didn't say to her from there on about how he doesn't want friends, especially friends like her.

And honestly, this whole thing couldn't have happened to anyone but Aku. Have you ever known one of them "nice" persons who are consequently so downright cowardly and almost too "objective" to actually stand up and shout out their opinion? They claim to be "righteous" at times, or "nice" at others - or simply too good for this life and its pains and suffering: they feel like they're heavenly angels being raped by the sins of the world! Oh, poor you! Well, Aku is one of those...

I don't believe it's normal - in fact, if I have to speak from experience, I'll be the first to say that it is possibly one of the first psychological illnesses in our modern-age, because it includes but is not limited to depression, anxiety, bipolar disorders, manic disorders...

So as to counterbalance Killer Joe's advice: remember this - you are different than others. Your needs are different, your personality is different, your entire physiological being demands differently. You are not equal to others and others are not equal to you: you are in a Natural rank - inferior to some and superior to others, and without a doubt, equal to some too. Your "Golden Rule" should be thus: how much do you value yourself? Since, psychologically speaking, you are "humble" and have the aforementioned symptom, you perhaps cannot exactly and honestly know where you stand in an order of the Natural rank, but only then will you know what "rule" applies to you.

It's funny how Killer Joe gives such a "wonderful" advice, and even goes further by suggesting: "be sure to treat people like people and not like things," yet, the very rule which he prescribes treats you like an object equal to others with no unique attributes, talents, and illnesses.

Don't be an object in some wise man's Olden Rule. See what rank Nature has rewarded you with - see where you stand in talent, spirit, life, liveliness, strive, leadership, belief, and above all, honesty - you'll know thereby where you stand in comparison to me, to Spidreman, to Killer Joe, to anyone in your life.

Don’t be afraid to be superior and don’t be afraid to admit who you are perhaps inferior to. That’s the only ethical law I believe in. The Golden Rule presupposes your inferiority, but seeing at how young of an age you are, test the waters! Let your freedom ring! And beware and especially cautious and paranoid when one tries to feed you the Olden Rules!
 
A

Aku Necromancer

Guest
Gosh, I feel raped….

I don’t know exactly what to say…I think I am completely subjective about others and myself deep down…I think we have a right to call people on their **** when we see fit… the problem is finding the courage to do it.

As for everything else...thanks for the suggestions...I feel the best is to give her the stiff cold shoulder, and wait for her to digress...
 
C

Chaos Turtle

Guest
I agree with DÛke.

If she can't take a hint, spell it out for her.
 

Killer Joe

New member
Aku: If she's still hanging around you, then you may be sending a signal that's keeping her around.

As for the "Survival of the Fittest" rule; being superior lands you NO DATES of any real substance.

~Olden Rule
 
D

DÛke

Guest
...

"Dates of real substance," indeed, require someone with an extremely modern sense of toleration, consideration, forgiveness, equality, and the entire inventory of degradation. Grab any so-called "good" relationship, and one of the partners will be glad to confess, if you promise to keep it confidential, of how much he had to oppress of himself, how much to ignore himself, how much to disregard himself, all to "make it work." The extent in which we devalue ourselves so as to be accepted whether in love or in a friendship, is not paid off in return by that love or friendship - one becomes a damaged creature, a lesser creature if I may say so, since one is not full, but divided. Love is not attained by tolerance, consideration, forgiveness – it is not attained by a give-and-take principle, not by mediation. Such love is limited and ill-making, it is psychologically harmful, yet it is easier to attain and keep than the eternal love – the eternal love of which only the finest and most refined of us are capable of feeling. But don't let me be offensive with such an impossible concept as "eternal love." Each to his Nature.

~New Rule
 
Top