Death or No?!...

C

conservative_infidel

What are your thoughts on manditory DNA testing v. support for the penalty. I think they should postpone all executions until DNA testing can be afforded to those who request it, and not for those who admit guilt, and ? for those convicted on circumstances alone.

S

sageridder

Originally posted by conservative_infidel
What are your thoughts on manditory DNA testing v. support for the penalty. I think they should postpone all executions until DNA testing can be afforded to those who request it, and not for those who admit guilt, and ? for those convicted on circumstances alone.
If you're going to do that then I think you would also have to postpone for those admitting guilt as well.I know the persentages wouldn't be high, but some in that situation would be persons that had been on drugs or drunk or just mentally weak and didn't really know what happened but after years or even decades of being told they did it had resigned themselves to accept it as fact.As far as those convicted on circumstancial evidence I think life without parole should be the max sentence.While I actually do support the death penality I think if difinative evidence cannot be obtained it would be an injustice to execute given that new evidence could come to light long after conviction.If they really did the crime I want to see them fry, I just don't want any doubt that the right person get's it.

In a similar vein I saw a show on the discovery channel a while back about some police depts. that made huge incomes for thier depts. from the confiscating of properties from drug dealers.They went on and on showing off the new cool equiptment they bought with the seized funds, but it was shown that several of the depts. had backloged evidence including rape kits as old as like 10 years that they hadn't processed because they didn't have approved funds to spend to process them.It seems completely retarded to me to say we've got all this money to buy the latest gear, but we can't close these cold cases because we don't have money specialy earmarked to process the dna evidence.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You might as well extend it and say something like there cannot be any death penalty cases brought to court unless there'd DNA evidence and it conclusively shows guilt.

And of course, all of this hinges on the technician(s) who interpret the DNA results...

Ferret

Staff member
I'm against using the death penalty on Sadam - I would prefer that he spend the next twenty years being TORTURED! :)

-Ferret

"Death's too good for him!"

C

conservative_infidel

I think there perhaps would be no greater punishment than to be bound and placed in a room with those whom he tortured or had relations murdered.

Hey I've got it--Saddam Fear Factor with Saddam as the only contestant. Hmmmm now--what events . . . ?

Okay, what about:

"Iraqi Soccor Team Crotch Kick Challenge " or "Bahgdad Genital Bungee."

[okay, I'm out of control]

T

train

I think chaining him down, and letting rabid rats eat him would be okay...;)