Death or No?!...

T

train

W made a statement on how he wants the death penalty for Saddam, and I agree...

- being that were both from Texas - we do things like that...

However - do you think we have enough political pull for this to happen? Should it happen this way?

I do - 'cause what W wants, W gets, and if the world says no, and tries him as a war criminal, and decides he shouldn't die, he'd be assassinated... by our own military, or one of his enemies...

either way the reaper's shadow has begun following Saddam...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think he deserves some sort of punishment but death is kinda the ultimate - once you die, you're dead. I'm sure that will bring a lot of satisfaction to a lot of people, but I'm also sure there's a lot of people who want to see him suffer.

Personally, I don't think it is or should be up "to us/the US". Despite Bush's possible personal vendetta ("he tried to kill my dad"), a lot of other people have a stronger claim to pass judgement.

T

train

I agree - but I wouldn't mind seeing him die in a fashion similar to the way he killed all the innocents in his country... torture then death maybe... either way I don't see him living...

The main reason I think it will be up to the US is because the new Iraqi government is working extremely closely with ours...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Just read in the paper from analysts that it is probably likely that the US will NOT be in charge of the trial, due to support that it has given Saddam in the past...

D

DÛke

I want both Saddam and Bush to be triled, each for their crimes. It's only fair.

T

train

I'll agree it's fair if no weapons of mass destruction are ever found...

However - what would be the crimes bush would stand trial for...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably something to the effect of invading/interfering with another country's sovereignty... murder (due to casualities of said invasions)...

R

Reverend Love

Saddam was a butt knocker however I think Prague would be the best course of action here. Let him answer to the World for his offenses.

Bush will never be tried (for offenses real or imagined) because the world at large is weak. Afterall if their bluster was actually matched by their will wouldn't they have at least imposed tarrifs, sanctions, or (har har) declared war. No the U.S. will do what we damn well please because the world can't stop us.

aaand....que dancing monkies.

D

DÛke

...so as I was saying, the ugliest and least fit of us always overcomes the strong and the fit. Almost makes you wonder about Darwin, huh?

The weak always overcomes the strong due to number, and not "natural selection."
No the U.S. will do what we damn well please because the world can't stop us.
I love it when I hear people speaking as such. It makes me think just how immoral, really, is it to commit crimes in the name of justice. It makes me rethink a lot of things. I hope that quoted example at least justifies "crimes" done against the U.S.; it's simple, when entire nations, due to their bad leaders, decide to be cowards and take whatever crap the U.S. hands it, you call that "fairness," but when few men, no matter how irrational their cause, decide to therefore take the matters in their own hands, you call that "terrorism," "crime," "inhumane." F U and your "humane." "Humane" in your cases always means "American," "for American," "for the American 'idea'" - and everything else is either ignored, or crushed - or, what I mean to say, "liberated," in the path to "freedom" and "greatness."

And I now will be the last person to stand against these ideals, no matter how sickly, even if they are supported by rednecks, fat Magic players, ugly people, and those who haven't even the slightest capacity to know what they're doing, much less have "rights" and "freedoms." But why should I stand against anyone else who seeks his own away for once, and like Americans, attains it despite the world and the laws of "right" and "wrong," beyond good and evil? why should I call that "terrorism" or "evil" or whatever commercialized slang you'd like to puke my way? There is no reason. No reason at all. All acts done to Americans are perfectly justified if only because America breached the world in its strive, disregarded voices, and became "self-sufficient." Well then! If you are self-sufficient, then take the facts as they are! and don't be upset when we say stuff life "you get what you asked for." Because you do get what you ask for.

America has made the world a zoo: everything is allowed. Very well. I don't want to hear a single word of "unlawful." Unlawful would be running across a chance to take the matters to one's own personal hands and yet not taking the matters as out of cowardice or a good sense of "good and evil" or "faith" or "good humane feelings." Unlawful would be not doing something when something can easily be done. Everything is permitted as far as America is concerned, and America itself has shown that everything is permitted by acting independently. I suppose many of you will demand that I clarify my statement when I say “acting independently.” What in God's earth do I mean when I say America has "acted independently"! Of course! You’ve already forgotten the history that was written right before your eyes! That’s the way of all Americans. But I don't feel like giving a history lesson of what happened just these past few days or months - to simply have to give such a lesson indicates a type of lack which I'm not willing to entertain on your behalf.

I despise Saddam as much as the next guy: but I have reasons, I have experience. What Americans have is what they don’t have: the media weaving the magical spell before their eyes and forcing them to believe the “facts.” The fact is: everything is permitted, and he who has a chance but skips it is a coward or, perhaps, an American himself.

I hate ugly people.

D

DÛke

It's too late for many things, of course. But some things can be changed. The fact that you're as ugly and uglier than a monkey's butt - well, that's an immortal fact that, thankfully, women have supported. :D [EDIT]Even American women! - now that says something. ;)[/EDIT]

And like I concluded in my previous post, I just hate ugly people - no offense. Or offense!

R

Reverend Love

It's been my experience that those of us suffering from monkeoinkietis recieve support regardless of nationality or religion.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Originally posted by DÛke

A surprise to nobody whatsoever.
Trying Bush would be hard to do, even if Bush was formally charged with many war crimes. The US has a way of ducking out of these things.

I

Istanbul

Killing Saddam Hussein will turn him into a martyr for the anti-U.S. cause, allowing him to do more damage than he ever could as the leader of his country.

Imprisoning Saddam Hussein will make him a political prisoner, encouraging countless hostage situations ("Give us Saddam or these 10,000 people will die).

What do I think we should do? Put him back in Iraq.

Calm down, I'm not done yet.

Put him back in Iraq. Not in power...not with anything. Air-drop him to Baghdad with a ribbon tied around him and a card that says, "Here, have fun." That way, if he's killed or imprisoned, there will be no cause to retaliate against the U.S.

S

Svenmonkey

From what it seems, there are enough crazies in Iraq that want the power that they held in the old regime back that he'd probably be put back into power if an Iraqi found him. Either that or the media lies to me daily.

Edit: Oh oink the media lies to me daily. But I'm still not sure about the aformentioned Iraqi situation.

T

train

istanbul did have a good solution...

I'm willing to bet he doesn't make 30 minutes if gift-wrapped in such a way...

:)

T

train

and what is wrong with that... someone upset because they have to tell Santa what they want without sitting on his lap?...

Attachments

M

Mazzak

that picture is brilliant. many kudos to the Onion photoshopper who made it.

C

chocobo_cid

Put him back in Iraq. Not in power...not with anything. Air-drop him to Baghdad with a ribbon tied around him and a card that says, "Here, have fun." That way, if he's killed or imprisoned, there will be no cause to retaliate against the U.S.
If he is put back in power, then that is a problem. However, I like the airdop idea. Just don't give him a working parachute.