Death from Above

M

Master Shake

It is called a joke, and unlike him, I did not ask for a critique and then tell everyone who suggested anything that they are an idiot.

T

train

*In an announcer voice...*

I'd like to invite everyone to our battle forum, where flames are always welcome!...:D

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Originally posted by Master Shake
The deck is called aggro-combo... what are you talking about that you can not play it as a combo? Your deck does not work without the combo.

Negator is a good choice; if you do not want your Mask to stay in play, it also seems like you are not running enough creatures.

What I mean to say is that the concept is solid, but vastly over done. You lose to Swords and Disenchant and beat sligh. Running multiple copies of restricted cards probably helps it go off.

In other words, why did you post this? It is impossibe to judge, because you play in a small group, you basicly tell anyone who comments that they do not know the deck, and you are using multiple copies of restricted cards. If that is the format you play in, I have the perfect deck:

Long.dec

Mana Sources:

3 Chromatic Sphere
20 Moxen
4 Black Lotus
4 Tolarian Academy

Spells

4 Duress
4 Burning Wish
4 Ancestral Recall
4 Demonic Tutor
4 Timetwister
4 Mind's Desire
2 Yawgmoth's Bargain
2 Memory Jar
1 Yawgmoth's Will

1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Diminishing Returns
4 Xantid Swarm
1 Balance
1 Primitive Justice
1 Simplify
1 Hull Breach
1 Regrowth
1 Vindicate
2 Seal of Cleansing

Now that we do not have restrictions, the deck goes off first turn every game. A typical hand can go: Lotus, Sapphire, Pearl, Recall, Lotus, Duress, Memory Jar, Emerald, Emerald, Pearl, Jet, Tolarian Academy, Duress, Mind's Disire for 13, Tutor, Recall, Tutor, Memory Jar, Jet, Pearl, Sapphire, Ruby, Sphere, Bargin, lotus, lotus, Mind's Disire for 25, Timetwister, Pearl, Emerald, Jet, Sapphire, Ruby, Sphere, Ruby, Jet, Emerald, Recall, Duress, Duress, Timetwister, lotus, recall, sphere, lotus, duress, duress, sphere, tutor, recall, sphere, recall, Duress, memory jar, tutor, lotus, recall, lotus, tutor, lotus, timetiwster, lotus, recall, recall, lotus, lotus, recall, recall, duress, duress, duress, duress, timetiwster, lotus, lotus, lotus, mind's desire for 71. Tutor, lotus, duress, duress, duress, duress, tutor, mind's desire for 78, Mind's Desire for 79, Yawgmoth;s Will. Lotus, Lotus, Lotus, Lotus, Duress, Duress, Duress, Duress, Mind's Desire for 89, Mind's Desire for 90, Burning Wish for Tendrils, Burning wish for Vindicate, Vindicate, Tendrils for 94

You gain 188, your opponent losses 188. Good Game.
I am posting this to see just if I am missing any key components to the deck. I did not mean to immediately shut down anyone and everyone who made comments about the deck, I am sorry for that. Oversoul and I are old friends and we mess around with eachother a lot. As for anyone else I apologize if I have done you wrong.
The deck itself actually doesn't need the combo to win and if I don't want to use it, it would usually win with out it. I know the deck is aggro-control, but thank you anyways. The reason for such limited creatures is to make room for discard and search, that way I can early on discard their swords and disenchants and whatever I need to get rid of with say first turn duress' and Unmasks, then destroy their lands keeping them at a disadvantage. Then I have enough time to either search for the combo or a Negator, or play a combo or negator and finish them off.
I am sorry that I gave the impression that I was calling everyone and idiot. I have been playing this game for a long time and may have become a bit bitter towards new players or players whose views on good cards conflict with mine.
I realize that there is a lot of banned or restricted cards here, but here is my intention with this deck. To retire. I wanted a deck that was formitible so that in like five years I can play some new players with cards I have never seen before and still have a good chance of winning.
I realize that you probably disagree with using restricted or banned cards for your own reasons. But there is no reason to be so critical of me using them. I believe I had made a statement in this post stating that I will not use "new" cards in the deck. Some people suggested them anyways and that is fine, but it kind of seemed like a waste of time to me.
Thank you for pointing out that I have upset you, but I do not thank you for the manner you did it in. It was unnecessary, but I hope we as players can put it behind us.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oversoul's comments are probably better for another thread and forum (and in fact, we've had it before here at the CPA), but different people have a different view on what "casual" means. To you, it seems no holds barred. To others, there's a reason for the Banned/Restricted List - those cards are obviously overpowered and unbalance ANY game, either tourney or for fun.

The best thing is to clear up any misunderstandings from the start before you play someone
If I sit down and play with some new opponent for fun, and he/she decides I'm cheating because I have three Balances in my deck and it's restricted, oh well. That's not my problem
Actually, half of it is since you both went into the game under different expectations.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Spiderman
Oversoul's comments are probably better for another thread and forum (and in fact, we've had it before here at the CPA), but different people have a different view on what "casual" means. To you, it seems no holds barred. To others, there's a reason for the Banned/Restricted List - those cards are obviously overpowered and unbalance ANY game, either tourney or for fun.
I didn't say that the banned/restricted list serves no purpose. What I meant was that it is a list for Type I or Type 1.5. Criticizing someone for posting a casual decklist that uses multiple copies of cards that are restricted in Type I, on that basis, seems to be a bit uncasual though...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But that was my point - there are differing views of "casual". It doesn't mean 4 of any card (heck, why stop at four? That's a tourney-inposed limit too) and an absence of a Banned/Restricted List to everyone...

T

train

I'm all about breaking the 4-card rule...

I run 20 Mountains all the time!...:D :p

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Spiderman
But that was my point - there are differing views of "casual". It doesn't mean 4 of any card (heck, why stop at four? That's a tourney-inposed limit too) and an absence of a Banned/Restricted List to everyone...
Oh, agreed, except that the four card rule is more than just a tourney-imposed limit. Using the restricted list is playing Type I, even if it's not tournament play. You could do it in a casual manner, sure. That's not what I'm talking about though. I'm talking about the format known as casual, which is what this deck is designed for. Cutting Necropotence and the tutors would basically kill the deck (although a Mask deck of a different sort could be created). Antagonizing someone for having those cards in a deck seems as pointless as, well, if I post this decklist (which I'm doing, I guess), which is a real deck I'm using (I'm not done tweaking it, but it's pretty good) telling me to cut the restricted cards would be a bit pointless. It would ruin the deck...

4x Dream Halls
4x Mind Over Matter
4x Stroke of Genius
4x Opportunity
4x Frantic Search
3x Intuition
3x Time Spiral
4x Counterspell
4x Force of Will
4x Arcane Denial
1x Mystical Tutor
4x Mana Vault
17x Island

I think it's something like that, but I could be a bit off...

Anyway, it's one of my casual decks. It simply couldn't work with the restricted list, but I play people with it. Maybe some people stick to the restricted list, but so far not one person has had a problem with it using restricted cards...

It's just a deck I built for fun with the cards I had though, and not something I'm looking to keep around. If I had posted it, and someone posted this...

3 Chromatic Sphere
20 Moxen
4 Black Lotus
4 Tolarian Academy
4 Duress
4 Burning Wish
4 Ancestral Recall
4 Demonic Tutor
4 Timetwister
4 Mind's Desire
2 Yawgmoth's Bargain
2 Memory Jar
1 Yawgmoth's Will
1 Tendrils of Agony
1 Diminishing Returns
4 Xantid Swarm
1 Balance
1 Primitive Justice
1 Simplify
1 Hull Breach
1 Regrowth
1 Vindicate
2 Seal of Cleansing

...it would do nothing for either of us. That's all I meant...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm talking about the format known as casual
If that's the case, I apologize. It's just a tad unclear when you're talking about playing in a "casual manner" or playing under a "casual format"; the word seems to shift between both uses here. Maybe if you capitalize Casual Format to make it stand out or something...

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Originally posted by Oversoul
Antagonizing someone for having those cards in a deck seems as pointless as...
He didn't antagonize me persay, just voicing his opinion, which he is more than entitled to do.