Death Cookie Challenge

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date
S

Shiro, Time Devourer

What ways can you think of to truly abuse Nevinyrral's Disk?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you can really "abuse" it, unless you mean save your stuff and have it just affect your opponent.

I'd say you need to get it untapped the turn it comes in, and maybe something like Safe Haven to save your creatures. I don't know how you can save your other permanents aside from bouncing or phasing out.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

I know! Worldgorger Dragon!

Play WGD and Disk (7RRR)
Break the Death Cookie.
Only you have non-ench. permanents.

T

train

Here's some serious abuse for you...

Have a celestial Dawn in play(sleight to green or sleight the hibernation)... activate the disk... and Hibernate...

Everything is white for you so everything comes back to your hand... even the disk...:eek: :eek: :eek: ;) :cool:

W

WickedBoy6

One game, one of my very fiendish friends used the Disk in a multi-player, then wiped the board clean with an Armageddon...well, not before he activated his Safe Haven, releasing an army of Serra Angels & an Ernham...BTW, he also sac-ed his land to the Zuran Orb before Disking it away. I hated his White/Green Deck.

W

WickedBoy6

I'm not saying W/G is bad...In fact, I made quite a potent ErnaGeddon deck based loosely on Bertand Lestree's Pro Tour deck back in '96...I just hated my friends, 'cause he sat on defense until he popped his "Cure-All" effects, then released his Serras.

Z

Zadok001

Capsize comes to mind as the 'obvious' way to abuse Larry's Disk...

T

train

Oblation would be nice now too... then you get to draw 2 cards...

N

NorrYtt

For some reason, I completely forgot this happened, but my long-time Magic buddy Jason Hutto (author of "The Many Colors of Masticore") deemed me a crazy bastard that he always loses to and how he remembers "The Regenerating Disk Deck".

The Regenerating Disk Deck is not built around Nev Disk. It is a multiplayer deck packed full of all my Legends like Sliver Queen, Sol'kanar, Mirri, Multani, and Dakkon Blackblade. Also there are things like Shivan Gorge, Legacy Weapon, and nice multiplayer artifacts like Howling Mines and of course Nev Disks.

One day, at a nice multiplayer game, the Legends deck was performing nicely with all my colors in play while Crovax the Cursed was eating Squee every turn, pumping up Asmira Holy Avenger. When the game got out of hand, I blew a Nev Disk, but did something clever. I made the Nev Disk a 4/4 with Karn Silver Golem, then I regenerated it with Yavimaya Hollow. =)

I kept getting Karn back with Volrath's Stronghold and I just kept blowing up the world and regenerating my Disk with Yavimaya Hollow. To this day, I have never seen anyone else regenerate a Nevinyrral's Disk.

B

BigBlue

I used to like "Ripple Disk". I'd use Reality Ripple after activating the Disk to phase it out (and have it back again). Of course I could ripple other things if need be too...

But that was so long ago...

Plus, it protects even a tapped disk from Disenchant (and it comes back untapped ready for use).

Tefari's Veil phases out all your creatures after they attacked too. Thus getting them out of the way while you disk... (just add Fog Elementals to keep them around longer than one turn)

W

WickedBoy6

I once used Animate Artifact on a Disk, then used a Death Ward to regenerate it, but then my opponent said the Animate had t ogo to the graveyard, so I couldn't regen-Disk anymore. That was a LONG time ago, though. I probably wouldn't be so rabid about destrying everything every turn.

K

Killerbob

back in the old days, I used it in my Skeleton theme deck with some succes. Not really abuse, but with skeletons to keep the ground and maze of ith for airdefense (and the mighty white knight!) I could get a huge cardadvantage when the disk exploded.
This was the time when skeletons ruled the world. Immune to terror, nearly immune to lightning bolt. But then came incinerate...the bane of skeletons...

W

WickedBoy6

Just thought of a card that, although a bit mana-intensive, could help out quite a bit: Claws of Gix. Sacrifice as many permanents as mana will allow for life, then Disk anyway.

W

WickedBoy6

I knew one of my ideas would come through as being "good". Another way could be sacrificing any artifacts or enchantments to the Claws, and then sacrificing creatures to a Goblin Bombardment (Making sure to sac the Bombardment to the Claws), Sac the Claws to itself (I don't think that's possible, though), THEN Disk.

K

Killerbob

yep, that should be possible. I know that fallen angel can sac itself. This must be the same thing.