Darksteel Reactor

T

train

you put a squirrel nest on a land... any land... preferably one that turns into a creature when you pay an activation cost, but any will work as long as you animate it into a creature...

with an intruder alarm in play... use other lands to activate the "man-land" turning it into a creature, tap it to put a squirrel into play, then it untaps when the squirrel comes into play (intruder alarm) and you do this as many times as you want...

similarly, with mana producing elves - you make more squirrels, tapping elves for mana each turn, then untapping them and generating more and more mana...

there's also the enduring renewal, 0CC creature, and ashnod's altar comb... Enduring renewal returns a creature to your hand when it goes to the gy from play... with the altar out, sac the 0cc creature for mana, play it for free (it's back in hand now) and was rinse, repeat...

those are just a few...
;)

H

Homestar

wasnt there something that had to do with crucible of worlds and crystal quarry where you got 19x5 mana some how? and i have the infinite life combo in my cleric deck now :). (starlit sanctum, daru spiritualist and lightning greaves)

M

mythosx

The intruder alarm combo up there is the most well known infinite mana combo... Here are more infinites.

Sliver queen-Ashnod's altar-Heart stone

Squrriels nest-earth craft

mind over matter-curiousity-prodigal sorcer

Those are some basic combos every nooby should be aware of. There are better and more complex ones but thats just a taste. I personally run the sliver queen one in my sliver deck.

Technically the mind over matter isn't infinite, but your opponents should be too dead to argue about it regardless.

T

train

Now homestar - be careful how you play this out...;)

(look-up the rules for infinite so you can use it correctly...)

H

Homestar

i already did but i ont have any of thoise cards in those combos and i dont like infinite mana combos either.

T

train

well - you mentioned the infinite life combo... and infinite rules pertain to it also...;) :cool:

H

Homestar

well yea i figured and i checked it and its totally legal. i juss presumed u were referring to the combos we talked about.

C

chocobo_cid

How about my favorite infinite combo: Quicksilver Dagger + Apathy.

Duh, stupid!!!!11!!!1!!!!1 dats not infinite!
+ Library of Leng, if that matters. :D

M

mythosx

Originally posted by Homestar
i already did but i ont have any of thoise cards in those combos and i dont like infinite mana combos either.
Why don't you like infinite mana combos?????

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by chocobo_cid
?

Fog, moment's peace, Holy Day and other cards can easily make attacking pointless anyway.
Disenchant can make Epic Struggle rather pointless...

T

train

so can naturalize...;)

Homestar - I wasn't meaning your combo wasn't legal, I meant the determining a number bit of it...

do know that you're playing the ability at sorcery speed and this leaves windows open for what could be a downfall...

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Oversoul
Disenchant can make Epic Struggle rather pointless...
Can it now? In the era of affinity, people choose disenchant over Shatter or Viridian Shaman, though it is more versatile? People care more about artifact destruction and thus are more likely to have more artifact destroyers. (Or, in the case of Darksteels, a trusty Boomerang.)

Even if a disenchant is sideboarded, few will notice "or enchantment" when there's a Bosh or Platinum Angel facing them down, choosing instead to "target artifact" instead.

T

train

Matrix works just fine on Bosh... " : "

as for the angel - there's plenty more utility in the deck...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by chocobo_cid
Can it now?
Yes, it can. So apparently more new players aren't using it, but that doesn't change the fact that Epic Struggle is vulnerable. Sure, only to an extent, but it's not a certainty that it will go off even if it does resolve. And if you have no disruption with which to let your infinitely large army through opposing defenses, it's unlikely you're going to win with Epic Struggle, unless you're playing against a bad deck. Why would you build a deck that only beats bad decks? Why use a card that, in addition to being suboptimal, is a rare?

T

train

Actually - with upwelling you may be able to win with epic struggle with a creature engine...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I didn't say you didn't know what Disenchant does...

I also didn't mean to imply that either, if you think I did...

Just that it's still a practical way to deal with a card that normally wins the game for a player who should have been able to win already...

I just don't think Epic Struggle is good. It might be possible to sort of break it with a deck. But then I'm sure some decks can use Door to Crap as a win card, but it still sucks...

Train even pointed out a use for Balduvian Shaman...