Darksteel Reactor

C

chocobo_cid

Obviously, things with 'charge counter' on the card might help. The Mirrodin cards like Power Conduit and Coretapper are nice, but the best interaction by far is...

Dismantle!

Effectively, it reads: Double the counters on Darksteel Reactor by spending 2R.

(If you doubt this, see Saturday School #63, wherein the official MTG site agrees with this claim.)

Is there any other card that goes so well? Please Reply.

T

train

try searching the site for other threads with reactor or dismantle in them... There's definitely other threads that have mentioned this...

(And some of us are judges, while others have really good knowledge of the rules... but we do look at Saturday school for reading material...)

Just to note the topic - Aside from Dismantle - I'd have to say the Forgotten ancient and (make all perms. artifacts) card would work faster than dismantle...;)

C

chocobo_cid

I'm sorry if that sounded bad, but previous experience on other websites drew more people who wrote a post before they checked previous rulings.:(

R

Rooser

It's okay, man, but it would be nice if you new guys were a little more aware of what threads had been done already. There's plenty of darksteel reactor stuff already written here. And like train said, most of us know the rules really well. This is one of the few magic sites that hasn't been overrun by overexcited 15-year olds who shoot first and ask questions later.

O

orgg

This is one of the few magic sites that hasn't been overrun by overexcited 15-year olds who shoot first and ask questions later.
A-Men!

Welcome to the CPA, Chocobo.

H

Homestar

Hah! I dont qualify. im 12 so im not an overexcited 15-year old. n e ways, i made a whole deck based around counters and power conduit. i think the best thing is power conduit. leech counters off aether vial or something that gets counters consistently. but i would never use this card ven if i had it cuz its really cheap and im tryin to learn off u more experianced people so i dont use it cuz i just dont think thats its for "casual" magic.

T

train

must've been another thread I was referring to...

Homestar - if you had these cards - would you play this in your group?...

;)

H

Homestar

if i had the reactor then no i wouldnt play it in my group. i dont like cards that say "you win the game" test of endurance, darksteel reactor, mortal combat etc. if i win a game i like to earn it. and plus my friends think my decks are cheap enuff already. o and by the way im runnin a B/W cleric, R land destroyer, and a B/U returning/discard deck. what are all of you running?

M

mythosx

what ever I want...

currently,

slivers, clerics, burn, and nightmares.

H

Homestar

nightmares sound fun cuz of that chainer, dementia something or other. he is really awesome.

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by Homestar
if i had the reactor then no i wouldnt play it in my group. i dont like cards that say "you win the game" test of endurance, darksteel reactor, mortal combat etc. if i win a game i like to earn it. and plus my friends think my decks are cheap enuff already. o and by the way im runnin a B/W cleric, R land destroyer, and a B/U returning/discard deck. what are all of you running?
You're a Timmy!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=mtgcom/daily/mr11b

T

train

No - he's a homey!... :p

I think it comes down to how a group evolves... changes do come about with new sets, and I don't play "win" cards now - but may if the right ones come along...

The green one - epic struggle is actually pretty neat in multiplayer!...

C

chocobo_cid

I dunno. There are a lot of infinate mana combos, thus a lot of infinate creature combos.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
And these "inifinte" creatures each tend to have a power greater than zero, making great attackers and making Epic Struggle rather pointless...

C

chocobo_cid

?

Fog, moment's peace, Holy Day and other cards can easily make attacking pointless anyway.

H

Homestar

woah woah waoh waoh, how are there infinite mana combos?!?!?!?if there are any, somebody name a few plz cuz it sounds interesting