5. Graceful horse
6. Pig's digs

Down
1. Lemony
2. "Sure!"
3. Surfer's spot
4. Used to be

January 18th - Four of a Kind
Complete the sentence by filling in the blanks with four words that each differ by one letter. The changed letter will be in the same position in each word, as in bake, bale, base, bane.

The disco owner ________ confidently down the aisle as he ________ to set up the ________ light before the ________ of midnight.

January 19th - Being Up-Front
What one word can precede every word in each group to form a compound word, name, or familiar two-word phrase?

1.________2.
star______back
dust______boy
filling___trail
record____jam
coast_____mill

January 16th Answer:

1st Base: Brave
2nd Base: Padre
3rd Base: Royal
Home Plate: Tiger
Add an S to AROT get Astro.

Good job, everyone who tried and got it correct.

R

rokapoke

January 18th - Four of a Kind
Complete the sentence by filling in the blanks with four words that each differ by one letter. The changed letter will be in the same position in each word, as in bake, bale, base, bane.

ANSWER:
The disco owner STRODE confidently down the aisle as he STROVE to set up the STROBE light before the STROKE of midnight.

R

rokapoke

January 19th - Being Up-Front
What one word can precede every word in each group to form a compound word, name, or familiar two-word phrase?

1.________2.
star______back
dust______boy
filling___trail
record____jam
coast_____mill

ANSWERS:

Group 1: GOLD
Group 2: PAPER

R

rokapoke

January 17th
Solve this small crossword:

_ _ 1 2 3
_ _ _ _ _
4 _ _ _ _
5 _ _ _ _
6 _ _ _ _

Across
1. Auto club service
4. Boat's path
5. Graceful horse
6. Pig's digs

Down
1. Lemony
2. "Sure!"
3. Surfer's spot
4. Used to be

ANSWER:

_ _ 1 2 3
_ _ T O W
4 W A K E
5 A R A B
6 S T Y

ACROSS:
1. Tow
2. Wake
3. Arab
4. Sty

DOWN:
1. Tart
2. Okay
3. Web
4. Was

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah, there is. It's just really hard to translate the puzzle onto a message board. All the numbers would read as though they're in the closest box. Maybe next time, I'll just try scanning the page and loading it.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Put the same three-letter word in each of the blanks below to make a new word on either side.

CARA______WARD
SUB ______FARER
HIGH______LAID

January 17th Answer

_ T O W
W A K E
A R A B
S T Y

January 18th Answer
The disco owner STRODE confidently down the aisle as he STROVE to set up the STROBE light before the STROKE of midnight.

January 19th Answer

1. Gold
2. Paper

Congratulations to rokapoke for nailing all three!

R

rokapoke

Put the same three-letter word in each of the blanks below to make a new word on either side.

CARA______WARD
SUB ______FARER
HIGH______LAID

Answer
WAY

Good job beating me to the punch today, Spidey.

turgy22

Nothing Special
There was a contest to count the number of tires in a dealer's window. Alex guessed 27, Bob guessed 26, Carl guessed 23, Dan guessed 20 and Ed guessed 25. One was off by 1, two were off by 2, one was off by 5 and one was correct. (Though they were all pretty stupid if they can't count that high.)

What was the correct number of tires?

January 20th Answer

Way

Way to go, Spiderman and rokapoke!

R

rokapoke

January 21

There was a contest to count the number of tires in a dealer's window. Alex guessed 27, Bob guessed 26, Carl guessed 23, Dan guessed 20 and Ed guessed 25. One was off by 1, two were off by 2, one was off by 5 and one was correct. (Though they were all pretty stupid if they can't count that high.)

What was the correct number of tires?

Answer:

25 tires. Kinda easy. Or I'm really stupid.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Sorry for the delay. The January 22nd puzzle involved a picture and I couldn't figure out how to translate it into text without losing any important information. Since I hadn't figured the puzzle out myself yet (still haven't, actually) I didn't know how important the details of the picture were. So today, I just scanned the picture and attached it to avoid any loss of relevant info.

January 22nd - Bet Your Bottom Dollar
A gambler sits down next to you and says, "I've arranged these standard dice based on a very simple alphabetic code to order a drink. If you can figure out what I've ordered, I'll buy you a drink. If not, you buy me mine." You say, "I'll take that bet." What's the drink and what's his system?

See attachment for dice arrangement.

January 23rd
Complete the word square by inserting the nine letters into the grid, one per square, to create the same words reading across and down.

I N F O
N _ _ _
F _ _ _
O _ _ _

Letters:
E
N N
O O
X X
Y Y

January 21st Answer:

Congratulations, Spiderman, rokapoke, and Mooseman. Yes, it was that easy.

Attachments

R

rokapoke

January 22nd - Bet Your Bottom Dollar
A gambler sits down next to you and says, "I've arranged these standard dice based on a very simple alphabetic code to order a drink. If you can figure out what I've ordered, I'll buy you a drink. If not, you buy me mine." You say, "I'll take that bet." What's the drink and what's his system?

Answer:

His drink: Decaffeinated coffee.

His system: The number on the "bottom" of each die corresponds to each letter. The first die shows a 6 on top; therefore, the number on the bottom is 1, corresponding to "A." The dice then spell out "A DECAF."

R

rokapoke

January 23rd
Complete the word square by inserting the nine letters into the grid, one per square, to create the same words reading across and down.

I N F O
N _ _ _
F _ _ _
O _ _ _

Letters:
E
N N
O O
X X
Y Y

Answer:

I N F O
N E O N
F O X Y
O N Y X

D

DarthFerret

This is the only one that I have bothered to really try and do....I am pretty sure I have it Right.

Answer:

I N F O
N E O N
F O X Y
O N Y X

E

EricBess

Jan 22Yeah, that's what I got too, rokapoke. I saw the name of the puzzle after and it is a giveaway. I had actually figured it out already based on the first die being separated from the others, which would only make sence if...