D&D: Part One; Awakenings

Discussion in 'Games Run By CPA Members' started by Zigathon, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I'll take a spot in the second rank.
  2. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

I would like to go second. I can get into the combat (if needed) quickly, however, since I require a light source, someone with low-light should go ahead of me....
  3. pickles New Member

I'll go in the front.
  4. Zigathon Registered Nerd

As your party enters the cave, the sound of running water becomes louder. Although because you cannot see any, it seems that its running within the walls of the cave.
    The walls appear quite solid.
    Farther into the darkness, you hear something growl...
  5. train The Wildcard!!!...

(Readies the bow...)
  6. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

"Zylo, I thought you said your bird saw only statues in here, and "far off" from the entrance?"
  7. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

"Cover your eyes," yells Jax as he starts to incant something.
    "This flare spell should gives us a better picture of what's in there".
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

** Covers my eyes
  9. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

** Covers his eyes as well
  10. TomB Administrative Assistant

Zylo shared with the group exactly what the bird saw. Any deviation from that would be a new development, and would have nothing to do with conditions previously reported.

**Shields his AND the owl's eyes from the effects of the Flare spell**
  11. train The Wildcard!!!...

closes eyes and crouches to the side, bow still ready...
  12. InfinityCubed Scumalicious

JJJ
    I have no problem being in front either, i can take some hits if need be. I'll ready my weapon, and shield my eyes from the flare spell as well.
  13. pickles New Member

I'll also ready my weapon and and cover my eyes.
  14. InfinityCubed Scumalicious

15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Zigathon said he could only get on the Net sporadically due to work for now...
  16. Zigathon Registered Nerd

***Yeah, that and the fact that my internet has been acting pretty crappy. All I've had the last few days has been an hour or so of web viewing. I'm in a game of Mafia on the MTGS site and between that and emails, I haven't had much time to get to this site. Instant messengers work as normal. I may sporadically have Pickles post for me if it happens again.***

A flash of light illuminates the cave. Three small humanoid creatures had been waiting in a rather makeshift ambush. Startled, they begin scampering further into the cave making cries that could be warnings to as yet unseen companions.
  17. train The Wildcard!!!...

(releases an arrow(s) at them to bring them down...)
  18. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Jaxx runs in circles, waving his arms and screaming, "Heavens to Burglethroat, I've blinded myself, How could I be so foolish......" He then runs head first into the cave wall, knocking himself down.
  19. DarthFerret Evil Sith Weasel

Fire an arrow at one of the fleeing figures!
  20. TomB Administrative Assistant

Zylo also releases an arrow at the fleeing figures, then mentally chastises his familiar for not seeing and reporting the ambushers.