Creatures that are directly superior to others?

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by arhar, Nov 21, 2001.

1. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Just to continue with my thematic gibberish on why no card is ever directly superior:

Incinerate vs. Volcanic Hammer

You control a Dauthi Horror, a Spiny Starfish, a swamp, a mountain, and and two islands. Your opponent is at 4. Your opponent controls two Deadly Insects, an Ivory Mask, and 8 forests, with no cards in hand. You have an Incinerate/Volcanic Hammer in your hand, as well as a Twiddle. You are at one life. The top card of your opponent's library is a Forest, and the top card of yours is an island. It is the beginning of your turn.

Now, if you have an Incinerate, you're dead. If you have a Volcanic Hammer, however, you can play it on your Starfish, regenerate, Twiddle to untap it, and survive your opponent's next turn, giving you JUST enough attack phases to win. :)

I think I'm gonna start a thread for this... :)
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Gizmo: Not to break your "Top 3" list, but remember that rakso said "...and just about every other blue creature with a casting cost of 4 or greater". Only Rainbow Efreet falls under that category (so perhaps Morphling is the second best blue creature > 4 cc? ; )

fuzzy: Using Isty's criteria before, if everything else is the same except for cc, I would say the cheaper one would be superior.