Creative deck ideas

N

NorrYtt

Crystal Shard > Erratic Portal

I had a B/G "Unearth" deck that sported comes-into-play creatures that cost 3 or less like Sex Monkey, Wall of Blossoms, Bone Shredder, Spike Feeder, and Coffin Queen. Eternal Witness is really good with Unearth. It sported 2 Erratic Portals.

My first deck I built around Norritt. Hence my name...

I have in the works a Rat deck, an Eon Hub deck, a Savage Beating+Spellbinder deck, and a mill deck that works with Scapelexis+Raven Guild Master+Fireshrieker.

By the way, terrible decks are their best in Free-for-All multiplayer games.

F

Force of Will Smith

you could use anything,
naked singularity
glacial chasm
Stasis..

lock everything, prevent all damage, screw up all land types..
theres tons of nice ones... just check out any cumulative upkeep cards

Then again.. stasis decks arent really that fun..

I have a forsaken city stasis deck that is dumb as hell.

Turn 2 stasis is typical. If you really wanna hold it down rootmaze catches lands..
I think ive played it about 13 times. Its lost a couple times. Its not really challenging or fun. But i think eon hub could be fun.

Possibly echo creatures.

Sustaining Spirit 1W, Summon Guardian 0/3, Alliances Rare
Cumulative upkeep 1W
Damage that would reduce your life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead.

Glacial Chasm Land, Ice Age Uncommon
Cumulative upkeep-2 life
As an additional cost to play Glacial Chasm, sacrifice a land.
You skip your combat phase. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to you

Mystic Remora U, Enchantment, Ice Age Common
Cumulative upkeep 1. When an opponent plays a noncreature spell, draw a card unless that player pays 4.

Reality Twist UUU, Enchantment, Ice Age Rare
Cumulative upkeep 1UU.
Plains produce R, swamps produce G, mountains produce W, and forests produce B instead of their normal type.

Dreams of the Dead 3U, Enchantment, Ice Age Uncommon
1U: Put target white or black creature card from your graveyard into play. That creature gains "Cumulative upkeep 2." If the creature would leave play, remove it from the game instead.

Illusionary Terrain UU, Enchantment, Ice Age Uncommon
Cumulative upkeep 2
As Illusionary Terrain comes into play, choose two basic land types.
Basic lands of the first chosen type are basic lands of the second chosen type.

Energy Storm 1W, Enchantment, Ice Age Rare
Cumulative upkeep 1. Prevent all damage that would be dealt by instant and sorcery spells. Creatures with flying don't untap.

Juju Bubble 1, Artifact, Visions Uncommon
Cumulative upkeep 1. When you play a card, sacrifice Juju Bubble.
2: You gain 1 life.

Naked Singularity 5, Artifact, Ice Age Rare
Cumulative upkeep 3
Plains produce R, islands produce G, swamps produce W, mountains produce U, and forests produce B instead of their normal type.

It appears the deck would be Blue and white. Probably a mill deck. With lots of prevention and protection... oh and it would be annoying as hell :D

Mystic Remora would be amazing anyhow.

You could run Spiritual asylum with your guardian, probably 2 platinum angels, a couple True Believer (WW, you cant be targeted), and worship.

They cant diabolic edict to make you sacrifice a creature, they cant burn you or your creatures or make you discard or destroy your land. But you'd definately want eon hubs, so it would probably run tinker/fabricate/reshape and theres a ton of enchantments so enlightened tutor/rector would be a good idea..

hehe just imaging gaining sick life with a damn juju bubble. Probably using words of wisdom to gain life instead of drawing

Spiritual Asylum
2WW, Enchantment, Nemesis Rare
Creatures and lands you control can't be the target of spells or abilities. When a creature you control attacks, sacrifice Spiritual Asylum.
Trapped in safety is still trapped.
Illus. Matt Cavotta

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The question was directed at NorrYtt... :rolleyes:

Although you have pointed out the ideas I've seen most (leaving out Ancestral Memories).

F

Force of Will Smith

aww i thought i was a pioneer with the guardian spirit and asylum :(

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well I've never heard of both in the same deck, I'd say you're pioneering that.

Sustaining Spirit is definitely Hub material, though I prefer Glacial Chasm for that purpose...

F

Force of Will Smith

I'm gonna prove that juju bubble can work in an eon hub deck.

I got a bet pending with my bro.

F

Force of Will Smith

hub costs 5. That's no SO bad.. We got vedalken engineers and tinkers.

Using ancient tombs, an island, a tinker and an artifact land we could have it in play pritty quik. I think it could be almost as fast as the fastest stasis deck. Well ok not turn 1, but maybe 3 if we tried really hard. I'm also not referring to chrome mox'es cause they make anything faster.

Actually if the deck was engineered well enough, you could run lots of brown, lots of search, and mana acceleration and basically make it any artifact combo related deck.

Suicide artifacts?

M

MrPapersHead

This one time, at deck construction camp.....

I had this deck where I had the some crazy insight somehow. I realized that all those "Freebie" cards from the Urza's block, like Palinchron, Great Whale, and the ilk, told you to target lands. This meant that it didn't need to refer to your own lands. So I made this U/R monstrosity that included the Chron's the Whales and Power Surges and Manabarbs.

I later threw in some white for Sphere of Laws. I thought it was amsuing, but it could be extremely stupid anf fat. Ask Rooser what he thought of being on the receiving end of my insanity.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
What is "deck construction camp"?

Power Surge and Manabarbs together are the sweetness. I have four Barbs and some Surges too, maybe I should build a deck...

M

MrPapersHead

How about a boyscout with rabies? (Get smart fans will be amsued)

I was just making up something random and referencing that really bad movie about how America got Pie. And then i went with the whole would you beleive something else routine....apparently that failed miserably.

M

MrPapersHead

I get that a lot. But let me see if I can try this one more time:

A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N P-I-E

M

MrPapersHead

............................................................................................There was a movie..................................................Oink Nun!

R

Rooser

Hey, anything that gets your postcount up, Jason.

I liked the old version of that deck the most actually, Jason. Not even Manabarbs in it, just Mishra's factory and soothsaying so you could burn your mana at the end of turn so that you wouldn't take any from Power Surge. Then you'd play Palinchron and make us untap all our lands and we'd die. And then the random Zuran Orb so that in the late game we couldn't kill you. Mostly we were sad pandas.