Creative deck ideas

F

f-6

For the last few months I have found myself lacking in creativety. I need to find myself some inspiration. This is where you come in! :D

What is your most creative deck idea? I'm talking Type 2, Extended, Vintage, Casual or whatever here, anything goes. Fun combos, theme decks, you name it. It does not even need to be all that good. Just bring it on!

F

f-6

I have tried that in multiplayer using Sphere of law and Citadel of pain. Allways gets ganged up on, which I suppose means it is pretty good! :D Other cards that rock in that deck are Fog bank and Propaganda.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually need to modify it for MP, which is pretty much what I play now... I haven't really touched it since US, when I stopped playing for a while, and then when I got back in at around Odyssey, I was trying all the new cards and never went back to re-visit the deck :)

F

Force of Will Smith

I''m working on a moonfolk deck with the ability to play more than one land a turn..

Skyshroud ranger from tempest can T: to put a land into play..

and the new Monk allows you to play 2, then theres always exploration..

anyways moonfolks are similar to a creature way back when... ovinomancer.. that allowed you to turn creatures into sheep tokens.... now THATS fun..

Ovinomancer 2U 0/1

When Ovinomancer comes into play, return 3 basic lands you control to owner's hand or bury Ovinomancer.
T, Return Ovinomancer to owner's hand: Bury target creature and put a Sheep token into play under the control of the creature's controller. Treat this token as a 0/1 green creature.

If you were to run concordant crossroads, noone could ever pop this annoying punk, short of countering him or instantly destroying your last 3 lands..

T1: Forest, Concordant
T2: Island, Ranger, tap ranger to play land
T3: Meloku, make 1/1 fliers

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
One successful strategy I know of is to build decks around obscure or unorthodox rares. The Manabarbs thing is a good example. A few years ago, I had four copies of Infernal Genesis, so I got some Haunted Crossroads, and built a deck--not because it was a good deck, but because it was something new.

Killer Joe

When you say "creative" do you also mean "successful", too?

If not, then allow me to once again introduce the only deck I've ever really created on my own:

"Erratic-Spikes"
This deck has seen many versions so I'll just list the cards that been 'staples' in it:

Erratic Portal
Spike Weaver
Spike Feeder
Wall of Blossoms
Tradewind Rider
Man-o'-War
Equilibrium
Counterspell
Mana Leak
Forbid

More recently:
Eternal Witness
Naturalize
Duplicant

At one time I ran white in it so I could include:
Armageddon
Wrath of God
Disenchant

This has been an on-going pet deck of mine for many years, in fact, Chaos Turtle once helped me with this deck way back in the Dojo days.

F

f-6

@Killer Joe: Nice! I agree with Oversoul, good use of the Portal. Successful is not important to me, just creative/inovative.

@Force: I like the idea. Kind of a turboland varriant. Be sure to add horn of greed to the mix.

@Oversoul: Exactly what I am talking about. I had a deck (net deck :rolleyes:...) that used Biorythm with Birds of paradise, Cathodion and Deconstruct for a really quick and fun win. Also, the Kaldra/Blasting station combo is really fun.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think Ovinomancer just has to be one of the most popular casual cards, not because of its strange (and inefficient) creature-killing capacity, but because it MAKES SHEEP!

F

Force of Will Smith

Yep.. or maybe its the fact that it looks and behaves like an unglued card... Unhinged is coming up soon!!
What is it... Nov 16?

F

Force of Will Smith

I think theyre trying to keep Unhinged pretty hush.. I heard they were doing 1 tourney, then it hits stores. No prerelease..

All i know is one of the stores in my town is going to draft unhinged incessantly.. :D

I wish they'd leak a little though.

R

Reverend Love

I tried to post a .zip file containing a bunch of my old decklists but it was too big. If you want, PM your email address and I'll email it to you..it's not even a Meg, :(

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the size of the file is supposed to be pretty low here. Not sure if it told you when it rejected it, but I think about 1 KB? 10 KB?

Killer Joe: Saw this on Ask Wizards about Unhinged (I think it's the Oct. 15 question)