CPA Voting Issues: Classic Spells

N

nanokill

my choices, i know we we're supposed to pick one so i'll go with my first choice.
1st.choice: balance
2nd: lightening bolt
3rd: howling mine (just awsome for decks period).

C

Chaos Turtle

Of the cards that are clearly broken, Balance is the one that is most deserving of another chance.
I know it will never happen, but still... the cards which broke it (Zuran Orb is one) are long gone.
Then again, the spellshapers could be pretty ugly with Balance. Play with Squee, discard as much as you can, Balance, get the Squees back...

D

Duel

Yeah, and dingus egg and the new healer (sac a land, prevent 2 damage) could be just as bad as zuran orb...

M

Mordecai

Enough of this dinking around trying to come up with a decent, but less powerful, replacement. Bring back Swords to Plowshares.

D

dw51688

The end of magic would be the day that counterspell gets banned. It will never be though knowing that most blue decks are built around it but i agree I want Sol Ring back.

G

galtwish

Balance with other strong options being Icy Manipulator, Forcefield, Jihad, Regrowth and Anarchy (yeah, right)

Erik

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
...but my hard drive has officially fallen, and it won't be getting back up.

Which means I lose everything.:(

On top of everything else, I don't have the url for the Voting Booth handy, so there will be a bit of a delay getting this up for a vote. Please bear with me...

My .02 on the Spells question? I want them to reprint Mana Flare. I love that card, man.:D

[me]PM's Mike about the url...[/me]

S

sole specter

1gauntlet ofmight
2psionic blast
3juggernaut
black knight
dark pact

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
This one's posted for a vote. At least, it would be if the link for the Booth worked right...:(

[me]PM's Mike again...sigh[/me]

Again, due to space considerations, I limited the choices to cards that were around from the beginning but that were cycled out of later sets. Stuff like Counterspell, for example, has existed in every set (and most of the stand-alones too), and they will likely continue to exist in perpetuity, so there was no real need to list those either.

And as for PJ and Rando's suggestions concerning splitting up the vote, that's a very good idea, but to be honest it would take way too long. 7th would be out long before we were done running all the categories out there for discussion and voting.

I realize, of course, that the results of our voting will probably not influence anything, but, to be honest, I think we should still try. Once we're done with this one we can open it up for something like a weekly vote for "Favorite Red card" followed by "Favorite Blue card" etc. if you'd like.

In fact, except for the ethics question, I'm fresh out of Voting topics, so please post any and all suggestions in the Voting Topics thread in this forum.

I'll take all the help I can get!:D