CPA spokesperson

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
When you think of the CPA, which member comes to your head first(besides your own)?

Ransac, cpa trash man

H

Hawaiian mage

DUke, Zadok, and Spiderman

-Hawaiian "but most of all I think of myself" mage

G

Gizmo

I tihnk the CPA appeals to multiple player types, Zadok is certainly one of the most respected writers, but I also think of Yellowjacket as representing the players trying to make the step to understanding competitive play.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Because I'd say both Zadok and Ed Sullivan (Mike). As the 2 Founders that have stuck around and stayed active they are the ones most responsible for the Site's prosperity.

Honorable mention, of course, for The Baron. Anthony Scott, where are ye? :confused:

Killer Joe

This question, for me atleast, is relavent to how I feel at certain times. During the CPA Notable Days, I thought of Whimsical, Almindhra, Spiderman and Purple Jester. At the beginning of my Road to Tourneyland adventure I'd think of Istanbul, Gizmo and Houts. If I'm looking for leadership, I think of Zadok and TomB. I remember thinking once that "theorgg" was probably the best person to represent the CPA in regard to Public Relations (Heck, I still think that-you still da man, Orgg :)).

Z

Zadok001

Well... Erm... Danke... :) :)

My answer, strangely enough, would be Ferret. I wish he was still around... Outside of him, Duel, Yellowjacket, Spidey, DUke, and Orgg are all wonderful thinkers and writers. (Well, maybe Duel just posts a lot, but you know what I mean.)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, I have to concur with the majority vote and say Zadok001. I'll post the whole tally in a couple days.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

Sidar Jabari

Zadok, DUke, Istanbul have all impressed me immediately and I've only just joined so, what can I say?

In general though, there are a lot of relly cool, funny and friendly people on these boards who've all made me feel at home.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*sniff* I warms my heart *sniff* to see newbies join in on these topics *sniff*.

Ransac, cpa trash man

C

cbearsbro

Ransac, cuz he's everywhere :)

Spiderman, Zadok, and Chaos Turtle [kewl name :cool:]

A

Almindhra

Originally posted by Gizmo
but I also think of Yellowjacket as representing the players trying to make the step to understanding competitive play.
Haha...Sorry, I had to laugh there...When I think of the CPA, I think of Ed (sometimes I don't think you guys give him enough credit), Zadok, Gizmo, theorgg (even though he won't talk to me on ICQ because he thinks I'll body slam him), and Griffith_Se, because she was the first female on here, and one of the few who doesn't use her feminine hips to hypnotize the Magic community...

M

Mundungu

Maybe it's because I have been around for a longer while but I would have to say that TomB and TheOrgg first come to mind.
I would not consider Ed as a spokeman, since he does not participate a lot in the discussions or Magic community. However he is certainly the most vital member. Dont get me wrong on that.

Since Zadok is now tied with other site I would also say that it diqualifies (sadly) him, but hey that is my personal opinion.

As far as casualplay is concerned, I think that TheFerret, editor from Starcity is the major force behind Casual play in the Magic community.
Too bad we dont get him here ...

M

Mars

I'm trying to get him interested, and after Planeshift madness I will work in earnest to get him aboard....

I consider this website to be one the top 5 in Magic, especially these Forums, along with Star City, Mindripper, New Wave, and Neutral Ground Online.

MtgNews is unique, unique in news and unique in the often anal responses to their articles. The "Random Scrub" factor is to blame I think, which is very democratic, but doesn't require the registration factor, which is free, at CPA, which I believe puts CPA over the top compared to that website. I feel sorry for the 10 percent who respond there who actually know what they're talking about.

Meridian Magic is also unique, the "Reader's Digest" of Magic, it is a daily "must read". But if you cruise the others, you should be fine. Still, check out Meridian daily, would be my advice.

The Sideboard fails to impress, although they have fine articles and writers, I can't shake the feeling they are "towing the company line," sans Zvi, who admits it's an uncomfortable website to post too. God forbid anyone would criticize WotC.

I nominate all of you. Maybe Gizmo mostly, because he apparently doesn't have enough to do (j/k Gizmo!).

Thanks, Ed, for the CPA Allliance, my home-away-from-home.

[Edited by Mars on 01-26-01 at 03:30 PM]