CPA Set - Modification/Delete/Add

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
Maybe what the Stirges need, is simplification:

Stirge 1BB 1/2
Flying.
Whenever <THIS> deals damage to a creature, <THIS> becomes an enchantment enchanting that creature, and has "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature"

It still leaves a lot of room for tricks, and turns the card into conditional (and optional) removal.
Problem is that it doesn't survive many combats to become the enchantment. Only a 1 power creature wouldn't kill it.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I say leave it as is. Stirge could be shifted to common, as it's a less effective card with the ability.

We could design a bigger rare version of the card, or a first striking one.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

How about:

Stirge 1BB 1/2
Flying.
Whenever <THIS> becomes blocked, <THIS> becomes an enchantment enchanting a creature blocking it, and has "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature"

This way, it can easily become 2/2

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
How about:

Stirge 1BB 1/2
Flying.
Whenever <THIS> becomes blocked, <THIS> becomes an enchantment enchanting a creature blocking it, and has "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature"

This way, it can easily become 2/2
Not bad, but why does it need to be 2/2 then? how about 1/3 so it can block once in a while?
And how does it return to play as a creature after becoming an enchantment.

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
Not bad, but why does it need to be 2/2 then? how about 1/3 so it can block once in a while?
And how does it return to play as a creature after becoming an enchantment.
1/3 is fine by me too.

It doesn't return to play as a creature. I think it generates more rules issues than any card is worth and this could work very well flavorwise.

It seems to me that this a very natural solution.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Limited said:
1/3 is fine by me too.

It doesn't return to play as a creature. I think it generates more rules issues than any card is worth and this could work very well flavorwise.

It seems to me that this a very natural solution.
So the licids were not good? I loved them and wanted this card to reflect their abilities.

Maybe something like this:
Flying.
Whenever <THIS> becomes blocked, you may have <THIS> becomes an enchantment enchanting target creature blocking <THIS>, and has "At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on enchanted creature"
Move <THIS> onto target creature. You may pay B to end this effect.

L

Limited

Mooseman said:
The Totems creatures seem to be doing well. Any changes needed?
Perhaps the one turning into a 4/4 trample is a little bit above the curve.. perhaps it should be 3/4?

L

Limited

It's ability isn't interesting enough to be rare.. Uncommon seems fine, but I would suggest a slight nudge to the overal power of the card. Up its manacost by one? Add something to the activation cost?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I think all the Totems have the same CC and activation costs by type and I would like to keep them the same, but 4/4 could be changed to 3/4 or 4/3 if needed. Is it that bad? I didn't get a chance to play it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Card Name: Vanir Totem Chief
Color: W
Cost: 3W
Type: Creature - Minion
P/T: 2/3
Rules Text: G: White Totem Chief becomes a 4/3 Wolf with Trample until EOT
Flavor Text:
Rarity: U