CPA Olymipics!

N

nodnarb24

I know a lot of useless info. Did you know that upon Napoleon's death he had a 1 inch penis. I shouldn't of said that, now all of you will think I'm a sick twisted individual.

D

dw51688

Stupid me! I forgot the most important category! MAGIC TRIVIA! Who wants to judge that event. Remeber you can compete in every event but your own if you are a judge.

COMPETITORS:

Nodnarb
Cateran Emperor (but not competing in history)
Gerode
Copious
Duel
Fuzzy
Ademis (not competing in science)
Jaws
Apollo
Zadok

The ones in which some people are not competing in, they are judging. YOU COMPETE IN EVERY EVENT, BUT THE ONE YOU ARE JUDGING IF ANY. :D

Zadok: We need a judge for magic trivia, English, and logic. That is if you wanna judge.

Each judge is to handle their own event and at the end we tally up everyone's overall scores. There will probably be bonus rounds

Have fun! :D The games will not start for another week or so. So study or wing it.

H

Hawaiian mage

Nodnarb, I've decided to use that as my new quote. :)

I'll be a Judge for any thing left over.

Z

Zadok001

I guess I'd be happy to work with Logic, that being one of my favorite. :)

I

Ihsans Shade

Count me in in everything, 'cept math. I figure that all the college students will kick my armor plated arse up between my ear drums. Other than that. I'm good to go. Just let me know when they are.

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

V

Volradon

But how can we judge it I mean how do you know that your answer is the right answer :) For all you know my answer could be right in MY universe and all of your answers are right only relative to you :) Tu parler un francais?

G

Gerode

Do you know what TRUTH is? Are you just regurgitating what other people have TOLD you? TRUTH can only be discovered by YOU. But there is no way of knowing that what you BELIEVE is actually the truth. Truth is NOT true. Truth is an enigma.

I think DUke would like The Ferrett as Josh Bennett's article about Shrouder's(?) Cat today at StarCity. :)

G

Gerode

This was the first post I read today. I figured that you imitating DUke after reading some other threads.

D

DÛke

Gerode and Volradon: you guys really do well being me! That's a bit too scary!

But once again, it's all in my mind. When I felt "scared", it was just an emotion released for that momment of the feeling I had felt. One could let it take over, and one, like me, could just erase it right off. To be afraid is to have the feeling of being scared, but yet, you don't know if you're 'supposed' to be scared, or scared for real. They told you it was 'scary' or 'dangerous' but you don't know for a fact, you just have believed what you've heard, and then established a rule that took over your mentality...In another word, bluh bluh bluh, then bluh bluh bluh, and bluh, then bluh, but bluh bluh bluh bluh, bluh, bluh, forever bluh...

There, another "philosphical" speach.:)

As for the game, sure I'll play, I'll try to win the "Logic" section.

[Edited by DÛke on 10-31-00 at 10:25 PM]

B

Batman

[me]swings in and takes a seat.[/me]
I'll judge mathematics, and I'll throw batrangs at cheaters. :D

[me]swings out and fades into darkness[/me]

T

terzarima

Well, I'll judge magic trivia as well, since I'm sure every-one would like to be involved in that

Dw: Are we going to have prizes?

D

dw51688

There will be a prize for the overall winner, but if individual judges want to give individual prizes to the winner's of there categories, then they can. Judges are obliged to keep scores for their categories.

CLARIFICATION: Competitors compete in every event and so do judges, but judges don't compete in their event (duh).

M

Multani

When does the competition start?
[me]dawns his cosy judge uniform and wears his glasses.[/me]

D

dw51688

A few weeks? I am writing up the rules and stuff. Oh yeah! I forgot. If you want you can represent a country or something.

I

Ihsans Shade

Great I'll represent the Homelands

I am...
Ihsan's Shade

T

terzarima

Dw, how do you propose we do this? HAve a thread and then the judge will decide at the end?

D

dw51688

Well I was thinking each event have a different thread so it won't be too cluttered. The competitors will visit each thread and PM the answers to the judges. After one week the judges will post the result and also each judge will PM the results to me and I will post the overall winner every week on this thread. Confused? Well I'm still revising the rules. The rules and etc. will probably be done tonight or tomorrow.

D

dw51688

FOR JUDGES:

1. Issue questions weekly on the thread you create for your category
2. Score each PM you recieve from the people competing
3. PM me you scores for an overall score
4. Repeat steps 1-3 weekly

NOTE: JUDGES COMPETE IN THE EVENTS THAT THEY DO NOT JUDGE

FOR CONTESTANTS:

1. The questions will be posted weekly on the same day unless specified not
2. PM the coordinater (judge) for that event
3. await the results

Note: YOU WILL COMPETE IN EVERY EVENT THAT YOU WANT TO BUT YOU CAN COMPETE IN ALL OF THEM IF YOU WANT

SCORING:

For each question you get right you get one point. If there is a great contrast in scores, judges might issue a bonus round not according to the weekly schedule but must give a two day in advance warning to the competitors. Confusing? If you have a question just post it.

Correct me is I'm wrong

JUDGES

Math + Logic as on category = ME!

English = ME!

Math = MULTANI!

Soc. = CATERAN EMPEROR!

Science = ADEMIS!

Logic = ZADOK!

Magic Trivia = ADEMIS

COMPETITORS

Nodnarb
Cateran Emperor (but not competing in history)
Gerode
Copious
Duel
Fuzzy
Ademis (not competing in science or magic trivia)
Jaws
Apollo
Zadok (not competing in logic)
Ihsans Shade
Multani (Not in mathematics)
Me! (not competing in English or Math+ Logic)

Okay? Got any questions?

T

terzarima

Yes, can you pm the judges the criteria and rules before hand so we know what to expect?