CPA Appr Tournament...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
From what I understand the CPA's chatroom isn't all that good, and I have yet to actually talk to someone in there. I believe that's why Mike is trying to set us up with a better one on NewNet.

From what Orgg says the Pirch file is only 3MB. That's not really that big, so I hope most of us can handle that if the NewNet front page thing doesn't work. And I don't know if it will, since I haven't been able to get in there yet myself, not even on older, established channels like their #apprentice chatroom. Our chatroom, #type-random, has yet to appear on their list.

As I said before, for me, scheduled tournaments work out best. League play wouldn't be too bad either, since matches could be scheduled whenever. Unfortunately for me, my usual window of opportunity for playing closely resembles Almindhra's forbidden time (I'm a 2nd-3rd split shifter at work, and I don't get home till 4:30am), so unless I can make arrangements ahead of time I'm out.

I could probably try and manage a league though. Lemme see what I can work out.

M

Mundungu

I might be off 'cause I was away for a while but I think the resonnance for the tourney was due to the format :
Alpha/ Beta Unlimited - Legends :

Probably very few people around (incl. me) know of the cards included in the sets .. it is just too old ... and to get to the set information etc etc without play practice is just too much.

I would love to participate to this kind of event but the format was just too hard.

No need to stick to T1, T2 or Block constructed, and weird formats would be great but things like 15 cards highlander would definitly attract more people.

my 0,02 $

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't feel like not knowing the sets was a drawback; in fact, it should have fostered some interesting decks because there isn't one or more "known" archetypes for that format. And if people were really interested they could have playtested on Apprentice (which apparently you needed anyway for the tourney).

I think people just weren't interested or couldn't find the time.

L

Lythand

What about the Casualties of War that..I think Apollo was making. Cant we have a touney based around that. Did he finish the set yet?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Chaos Turtle is in charge of that but Apollo and some others are helping to balance cards.

But I have no idea on the progress of it.

L

Lythand

Chaos...Apollo..anyone with an open ear out..can you give us a progress check??

R

Riva Iron-Grip

how about having the sets; homelands, fallen empires, unlimited/beta/alpha, 5th, and mirage? i think this would be a nice set.