Counter Crazy

G

Griffion2000

I love cards that give counters (anything but +1/+1 that is).
I came up with some 'counter' cards

Soothing Angel
2WW
Creature - Angel
Flying
Whenerver a creature becomes blocked by Soothing Angel, put a Pacifist counter on that creature.
Creatures with Pasifist counters cannot attack.
1/3
Soothing Healer
WW
Creature - Cleric
T: Prevent 1 damage to target creature or player
T: Put a Pasifist counter on target attacking creature
Creatures with Pacifist counters cannot attack
0/1

G

Griffion2000

Soothing Word
1W
Instant
Target creature gains a Pasifist counter.
Soothing Wall
3W
Creature - Wall
Soothing Wall can block any number of creatures.
Whenever a creature becomes blocked by Soothing Wall, put a Pasifist counter on that creature.
0/6
Soothing Declaration
1WW
Enchantment
During each players upkeep, that player may pay 2, and put a Pasifist counter on target creature.
Soothing Spirit
W
Creature - Spirit
Flying
Whenever a creature becomes blocked be Soothing Spirit, put a Pasifist counter on that creature.
Creatures with pasifist counters cannot attck.
0/1
Soothing Blessing
2WWW
Instant
All creatures gain a Pasifist counter.

Thats it for now......

C

Cateran Emperor

Just a thought, you might want to make the counters remove when the creature sources are destroyed.

I like Red better, so how about a reversal?

Rampaging Dragon
3RRR
Creature - Dragon
Flying, Haste
R: +1/+0 uEoT
Whenever a creature blocks ~, put a Panic counter on that creature. Creatures with Panic counters cannot block. When ~ is removed from play, remove all Panic counters from creatures that had blocked ~.
5/5

Rampaging Drake
1RR
Creature - Drake
Flying, Haste
R: +1/+0 uEoT. Use only 2 times per turn.
Whenever a creature blocks ~, put a Panic counter on that creature. Creatures with Panic counters cannot block. When ~ is removed from play, remove all Panic counters from creatures that had blocked ~.
1/3

Rampaging Kavu
2RR
Creature - Kavu
First Strike, Haste
3/3

Rampaging Orc
1R
Creatrue - Orc
Haste, Protection from White.
2/1

Z

Zero

Wasnt your sig spoken by the satire dude, oh whats his name......damn! Hold on, let me think.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

in reply to the pacifist counters
" dude he's a pacifist, he has serious phycological problems,..............You mean other than being a pacifist "- the dude and Walter in the big lebowski
just cause i like that line
i like the cards the angel would be very powerful though perhaps make it cost five

M

MrXarvox

One thing about the pacifist counters, when there is no permanent in play that says "creatures with pacifist counters on them cannot attack", then the counters have no effect.

G

Griffion2000

I really like those red cannot bolck counters!

Now for some other colors......

Growth Dragon
4GG
Creature - Dragon
Flying, Trample
GG: Put a Growth counter on Growth Dragon.
Remove a Growth counter, ~ gains +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/2
Growth Moss
GG
Creature - Plant
Comes into play with 3 Growth counters.
1/1
Growth Treefolk
2GG
Creature - Treefolk
Comes into play with 1 Growth counter
Sac a land: Put a Growth counter on Growth Treefolk.
2/2

Thats it for now........

G

Griffion2000

Some more.......

Extreame Growth
XGG
Sorcery
All creatures gain X Growth counters and remove a Growth counter, gains +1/+1 until end of turn.
Maximum Growth
XGGG
Sorcery
Spend only green mana on X.
Target creature gains XXX Growth counters and remove a Growth counter, gains +1/+1 until end of turn.
Growing
G
Instant
All creatures gain 1 Growth counter, remove.....

And now some black:
Deseised Soldier
Creature - Soldier
BB
BB, T: Put a diseise counter on target creature.
During each players upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on all creatures with disease counters.
1/1
Rampant Deseise
BBB
All creatures gain a disease counter
Disease Sploiter
BBB
Creature - Angel Devil Legend
Flying, Trample, First Strike
When ~ comes into play, pay 5 life or discard your hand or sac 3 creatures
During your upkeep, pay 2 life or discard a card or sac a creature
Pay 3 life: Untap ~
BBB, T: Put a disease counter on all of opponents creatures.
BBB, T: Put 2 -1/-1 counters on all creatures opponents control.
5/5

C

Cateran Emperor

Uh Zero, what the heck are you talking about?

And Xarvox, it does make a difference in case they summon another one.

I like the counter creatures having "ing" endings. Would you mind changing them tho "Growing" creatures?

Now, here are some more concepts:

Devouring Horror
1BB
Creature - Horror
Fear
Whenever Horror deals damage to a player, put a Digestion counter on Horror.
At the beginning of your upkeep, Horror deals 1 damage to you for each Digestion counter on Horror, then Horror deals 1 damage to the last opponent Horror dealt damage to for each Digestion counter on Horror.
At the beginning of your precombat main phase, you may remove any number of Digestion counters from horror and add B to your mana pool for each counter removed in this way.
1/3
"You think it's disgusting going in, imagine what it's like coming OUT..."

Cateran Contract
1B
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, Cateran Contract deals 1 damage to you, then an additional 1 damage to you for each Assassination counter on Contract.
B: Destroy target creature. Put an Assasination counter on contract. Gain life equal to the destroyed creature's converted mana cost.
"We'll take care of your immediate problems, but it's going to cost you in the long run..."
-Cateran Emperor

Cateran Debt
1B
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, Cateran Debt deals 4 damage to you. You may sacrifice any number of permanents to prevent up to 2 damage dealt in this way per permanent sacrificed.
You cannot play Creature, Enchantment, or Artifact spells.
Sacrifice a permanent: Target player gains control of Cateran Debt.
"Paying off one debt by creating another doesn't seem so bright anymore does it?"
-Cateran Emperor

Spontaneous Evolution
2RG
Enchantment
You may play Spontaneous Evolution any time you could play an Instant.
Spontaneous Evolution cannot be the target of Spells or Effects.
Spontaneous Evolution cannot be countered.
Sacrifice any number of permanents : Search your library for a Creature or Enchantment card with converted mana cost equal to or less than the combined converted mana cost of the sacrificed permanents' and put it into play. Any player may play this ability.
No way there's room for flavor text here!

Any thoughts?

[Edited by Cateran Emperor on 11-12-00 at 10:52 PM]

Z

Zero

Cateran, the quote 'I dont agree wit what you say, but I will defend your right" is by a 17oo french philospher named something, his pen name is voltaire.

Z

Zero

These cards are great!
Dude, Cateran Contract is really too good. I would make it 'B: Put a counter on this dude, lose 4 life; Destory a non black creature"
That might go better...

C

Cateran Emperor

Yeah, I already knew where the quote came from. I just didn't get what you were trying to say when you said wasn't your quote said by teh "satire dude". No probs though. The cards are supposed to work like this:

Devouring Horror - This cool little guy tries to convert your opponent's life total to black mana (devouring him). However, he will "mana burn" you if you try to build up too much. I love the quote too :D

Cateran Contract - Suicidal removal. You WILL die if you use this on a large number of small creatures. However, if your opponent is playing a "mana curve" deck (tournament tweaked deck), this thing is absurd.

Cateran Debt - This thing is hilarious in multiplayer. We played using proxied version of this card just for fun, and you wouldn't believe how cool it is. It's playing hot potato with a time bomb. Eventually you have to keep topdecking lands or you'll get burned when you try to toss it.

Spontaneous Evolution - First off, should read:

Spontaneous Evolution
2RG
Enchantment
You may play Spontaneous Evolution any time you could play an Instant.
Spontaneous Evolution cannot be the target of Spells or Effects.
Spontaneous Evolution cannot be countered.
Sacrifice any number of permanents : Search your library for any number of Creature and/or Enchantment card with combined converted mana cost equal to or less than the combined converted mana cost of the sacrificed permanents' and put it into play. Any player may play this ability.
No way there's room for flavor text here!

This is my crowning multiplayer card achievement. This thing is pure pandemonium when someone plays it. The entire board is suddenly random and shifts so constantly that no plans are safe. This is the coolest card in the history of the game, with playing skill suddenly becoming more important than any deckbuilding skills. This is so much fun it shouldn't be legal :D

N

nodnarb24

shouldn't cateran debt read:
Sacrifice a permanent other than [this]: Target player gains control of Cateran Debt

This way they can't sac it which equals more fun. :D

G

Griffion2000

Hmmmm, Potatoes

Here's a Hot Potatoe

Hot Potatoe
Artifact
During your upkeep put a potatoe counter on hot potatoe, and take 1 damage for each potatoe counter.
3: Put a potatoe counter on Hot Potatoe, any player may play this ability, but only not on their turn
Sac a potatoe counter: target player gains control of ~

Kinda like the dept, but different

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

um not to be an ass or anything but you spelled potato wrong........*hack* Dan Quail

C

Cateran Emperor

Ooo! Even more fun that way Azreal! :D

Cateran Debt
1B
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, Cateran Debt deals 4 damage to you. You may sacrifice any number of permanents to prevent up to 2 damage dealt in this way per permanent sacrificed.
You cannot play Creature, Enchantment, or Artifact spells.
Sacrifice a permanent other than Cateran Debt: Target player gains control of Cateran Debt.
"Paying off one debt by creating another doesn't seem so bright anymore does it?"
-Cateran Emperor

Another idea that I got recently:

Keldon Doyen
3RR
Creature - Human
First Strike
Keldon Doyen cannot attack unless defending player controls at least 4 creatures.
Keldon Doyen has power and toughness each equal to the total power of all attacking creatures you control.
RR,T: Red attacking creatures you control get +X/+0 and until end of turn, where X is equal to Keldon Doyen's power.
X/X

Kreig, Keldon Warlord
4RRR
Creature - Human Legend
First Strike.
Krieg cannot be countered.
Krieg has power and toughness each equal to the combined power of all creatures you control.
Krieg cannot attack unless defending player controls at least 4 creatures. Kreig cannot attack if opponent controls any Red permanents.
RR, T: Gain control of target Red permanent.
RRR, Sacrifice Krieg: Krieg deals X damage to target opponent and all creatures that player controls, where X is Krieg's power.
X/X
"KELD!"
-Krieg, Witch-King of Keld

N

nodnarb24

you should probably change the toughness of Keldon Doyen to X+1 or else it would equal 0 and die when it comes into play.

C

Cateran Emperor

Oops! Missed that :eek:

Keldon Doyen
3RR
Creature - Human
First Strike
Keldon Doyen cannot attack unless defending player controls at least 4 creatures.
Keldon Doyen has power and toughness each equal to the total power of all attacking creatures you control.
RR,T: Red attacking creatures you control get +X/+0 and until end of turn, where X is equal to Keldon Doyen's power.
X/X+1