Coolest Name of a Magic Card

K

K9Archmage

Uncle Istvan! Will-O-The-Wisp.
That weird card, what was its name? Evil eye of orms by gore, or something like that.

M

MrXarvox

Devouring Strossus

The name itself sounds as intimidating as the card.

Plus its plural is "Strossi" :D

And as for a non-existent card...

Tzyver Burning-Sky 3RGB
Summon Legend
First strike, haste
At end of any turn, sacrifice Tzyver and the game is a draw.
8/1

[Edited by MrXarvox on 11-30-00 at 06:42 PM]

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Juxtapose
cause lets face it what a cool word, Juxtaposition, use it in a sentence a people glare at you with dumbfounded eyes

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Aluren.

First of all, it is actually an Old English word.
It means "paradise", and the words "allure", "lure", and so forth obviously all come from, or are related to, it, which is a good point.

Plus, it rocks.

And it has funny flavor text.

But that is besides the point, or maybe watching the point from 12 feet away.

The prerequisite mystic quality is accounted for, and it just rolls off the tongue...

Aluren

It sounds like it could be a word for something in almost any language.

Aluren aluren aluren aluren aluren...

[me] walks away mumbling [/me]

F

fuzzy510

Dingus Egg! Dingus Egg! It sounds cool! It sounds FUZZIMAPHONIC!!!!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The best card name is.......Ransack.

Ransack
3U
Sorcery
Look at the top five cards of your library. You may put any number of those cards on the bottom of you library in any order, and then put the rest on top of your library in any order.

It's from Stronghold

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

fuzzy510

Ransac, could you happen to like Ransack because, oh, I don't know, IT'S YOUR NAME?????? You know, just curious.

Is there a card referring to Fuzzy?

K

K9Archmage

Homunculus all the way! All of them have funny names. Fuzzy Homunculus(i don't think that's real)

Hoipa

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

......[me]stops mumbling and comes back.[/me]

Thrashing Wumpus sounds like it could be the name of someone who would be breaking the law in 49 states, and Floral Spuzzem sounds like something removed from fuzzy's nose.

What might be a cool name is Æther Flush (no, not a mystical toilet).

M

manchot_13

Karplusan giant...

It's a great spy type card... it sounds so powerful... but... it isnt'... Suprise!

H

HumanError

Nightmare. Look at it. It's a mare...at night. Come on people!

Seriously, though, it has a dark sounding name with a dark and mystical picture and to this day I still firmly believe that the card itself is 100% Grade A beef.

Or horsemeat. Whichever you prefer.

G

Gizmo

Black Lotus

Mainly because it has the right sort of name for a card that will be 'the one to get'. I mean, it`d be far less interesting if the card to get were something crummy like "Oiks Goblin Patrol" or "Jumbo Boost" - no it got a really classy name. Just by chance. Nice.

M

Mars

Exotic Disease.

If you don't know what "Exotic Disease" REALLY means, then you're too young to know. Let's just say Alexander the Great died of it.