Contest Entry: Sleeping beauty

D

Duel

Okay, I'm here to break a card I hate: sleeper agent. I know, I know, it's versatile, fast, and viable, but nobody
yet has made a really cool sleeper agent deck! Why not? It's a portable donated thingamagig with creatures. Actually, this deck was originally blue creature-control but I threw in the agents as a kill method... Until the addition of rising waters, it was even fairly popular.

Lands:
12 Islands
8 Swamps

Spells:
4 Propoganda
2 Rising waters
2 War tax
4 Caltrops
2 Crawlspace
4 Meekstone
2 Dragon's blood (for the other guy's creatures)
4 Counterspell
2 Treachery (for anything you still can't handle)

Creatures
4 Sleeper agents
4 Tims
4 Thornwind faeries (Tim mach 2)
4 Stinging barriers

G

Griffith_se

Duel,

I had a deck idea for Sleeper Agent. It involved Arrest on Sleeper agent, Iron Maidens, Ankh's, and Storm cauldron. Can you see it?

[me][/me]

I

Istanbul

Sleeper Agent + Wall of Souls = Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

D

Dune Echo

TAG GUARD

Here's some Sleeper Agent ideas I really like. Personally, I wish they'd made a version of Sleeper Agent you could choose to keep! That would be even cooler.

“Sleeper Black”
Colors: Black
Created by: Will Estacio
Description/Theme: Drain your opponent via multiple sources
Source: MTG News

Black:
3 Choking Sands
3 Contagion
3 Drain Life
4 Duress
1 Kaervek’s Spite
4 Sleeper Agent
4 Unmask
1 Vampiric Tutor
3 Wall of Souls

Artifacts:
2 Cursed Scroll
3 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Scalding Tongs

Lands:
4 Lake of the Dead
19 Swamp
3 Wasteland

“Toll Bridge (#2)”
Colors: White/Blue/Black
Created by: Me
Description/Theme: Emptying hand to do damage
Source:

Blue:
4 Tinker

Black:
4 Sleeper Agent

Artifacts:
4 Cursed Scroll
4 Ensnaring Bridge
4 Grim Monolith
4 Grafted Skullcap
4 Mox Diamond
4 Null Brooch
4 Voltaic Key

Lands:
4 Adarkar Wastes
9 Island
2 Rootwater Depths
3 Swamp
2 Thalakos Lowlands
4 Underground River

Sideboard:
3 Counterspell
4 Disenchant
4 Grindstone
4 Hanna’s Custody

Those are just some ideas I've run across.

D

Duel

Ensnaring Bridge! I knew there was an Idea I missed! but again, I emphasize the casual part of casual player. The entire deck should be pretty cheap, either in price or methodology. My final submission will have a couple changes to the sleeper agent method, though. Wall of souls, for example.

D

Dune Echo

TAG GUARD

I will accept Ensnaring Bridge as casual. When I meant that I didn't want rare-heavy decks, I meant I didn't want to see a lot of Bargain/Masticore/Rishadan Port/Squee, Goblin Nabob/Sneak Attack decks. Mostly, I'm trying to motivate people to post some decks/articles that are available to the less monetarily fortunate player and uses some different cards than the tier 1 decks.

I don't care if it can stand up to a Bargain/Pebbles/whatever deck. I'm looking for originality of a kill method, availability of cards for other players to play with, and just something that I haven't seen before (and I've seen a lot!).