Content of Posts...

M

Multani

Lately, I've noticed that alot of the posts here were trahshed up with bickering and arguing about Sept. 11. Yes, I realized it shocked the nation, but that's all past. It is time to move on, and to stop the bickering.

If you feel the need to trash someone for their political views, do it in the battle arena. But please, stop clogging up the threads with pathetic "political" debates...
It's ridiculous how a post about the suicide of a Pro can turn to it a flame war between DUke, Gizmo and TomB, arhar.
I think that part of the problem lies with moderators, or the lack of them.

If the CPA is to recover from its current slump, then moderators who are strict in the 'Magic' forums about posting rules are a must. Otherwise, this place will begin to degenerate like all the other online forums.

Our online home is decaying literally before our eyes, and all we are doing is bickering. :( Well, I've been here too long, and I am not willing to let this place just die and rot. If need be, I'll volunteer as a moderator, at least in the 'Magic' forums.

It's time we stopped yaking, and actually try to bring old times back.

D

DÛke

You just wanna be a mod so you can ban me and Arhar. :p

Ok, seriously...

This is the off topic forum, we are allowed to express our views as much as we want, about (almost) anything we want. It's not like anyone had started a political thread in the decks section.

As long as this is labeled an "off topic" forum, and as long as I'm here, I'll be talkin' my mouth off about anything I want. One, two, or ten more mods wouldn't stop me. They wouldn't stop Arhar nor Gizmo...

All that said, I do agree that it's been goin' outta control. I really can understand the tension between Arhar and I, seeing how we each come from completely different backgrounds, but from my point of view, I don't see what's up with Gizmo and TomB (or Gizmo and Istanbul, even)...even though, personally, I think Gizmo is a great, intelligent person.

To be honest, I think the only problem is within some CPA members themselves. It seems to me as if Gizmo can't say a thing without being criticized, even though what he says is true most of the time. I think the best deal for those with tension towards one another is to ignore each other, much like what me and Almindhra have done, are doing, and will blissfully do 'till the end of time.

Let's face it, as "negative" as September 11 may seem to those unaware, it did bring out the truth behind most of us. A bad thing, it may seem...since before that day, Christianity and Islam were *never* questioned, so everyone was basically unaware of each other's political beliefs, religious standings, and horrible life experiences (mine was, anyway). But you know, it's kind of positive in a way too, because personally, if I had known all I know now about some of the CPA members, I would have never joined this mentally-challenged, ill-fated place...and if I have the will to leave, I will gladly and instantly...but I echo Gizmo here (from another thread): this place is filled with a**holes, and since I'm one myself, I feel right at home. I guess the positive thing is knowing what kind of s#@th0les I'm dealing with...

Ironically, if this site becomes a nice, calm place...I wouldn't fit at all...and I would be automatically and unwillingly forced to leave. It'd take a long time to get this place "clean" once again though...but it would really pay off should it happen...

Gobo -- Many reasons. This includes Gizmo's "attitude," my "behaviour," Arhar's "beliefs," lack of Magic content, lack of articles...I could go on...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I suggest we buy/steal/enslave mods from other forums.

Like the FFMO Forums (boy, will I regret this).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Man, I really, REALLY, long for the old days. Back when it was a joy to look in the Off Topic forum. Nowadays, I get my kicks in the Battle Arena. I really miss the randomness. We honestly don't need people trying to prove that they are right on their beliefs of 9/11. You want an honest belief. It was bad. Very bad. I have other ideas on it, but I don't need to prove my worth of info to satisfy me. Sure, on 9/11, I was on here as much as most of you. To be honest, I think I gained about 100 posts to my count in the three days following the tragedy. But, I got tired of the arguing and came back to the Off Topic forum. Then, the debates moved here. I'm getting tired of this.

In the words of......some guy I can't remember, "Can't we all just get along?"

If you are going to critisize my comments, going ahead and inflate your ego that way. You will not offend me. I'm too tired of this to care.

Ransac, cpa trash man

G

Gobo

man you guys seem to be really stuck up on this subject but why?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Some things are not meant for mere human comprehension...;)

Speaking of which, you are right Multani - the bickering about 9/11 should not infringe on the bickering about any other topics anymore. Unfortunately, it seems like the fallout from it is still being felt by some of our members, most specifically by the ones who had the strongest opinions on the subject.

Maybe we should all try being a little less defensive about the whole thing...

Maybe we should all try to see the other person's perspective, and, even if we don't agree with it, at least try to respect their fundamental right to having it...

Maybe we should all stop being so judgemental about each other...

Of course, then at least half of us wouldn't have anything to say here anymore, and we'd slip even further into decline...:p

D

DÛke

I've always respected other opinions, but sadly, mine was violated more often than not. It's funny how people can seem so moral and noble at days, but...they don't follow the rules that they make, and impose on everybody else.

I can sight a lot of threads where disrespct happened, and *not* because of me. I'm still culpable to some things I've said, but...wow...some people are just down right pathetic.

I will respect people's opinions...but some people are *so* stupid, and their opinion is such a trash, filled with personal beliefs and longing ideals...why would I want to respect something that argues with my intelligent opinion, which is filled with facts and knowledge?

I understand that some people look at "my" opinion, and see it as trash...but I don't have such a strong opinion about most subject matters anyway...what I speak most of the time is facts. People don't like the truth, so that "trash" they may see in me is actually they world we live in. They just can't handle it because of insecurity on their part, and actually, because they're so stupid. And pardon me when I say that the CPA has a good share of stupid.

It's a shame, because few (very few) members are too good to be in here...just too good.

A

arhar

Face it people. 9/11 changed the world we live in FOREVER, and the consequences of that will be felt for a long, long time.
In my humble opinion, I'd rather have topics about 9/11 than prancing and spam. But I do miss all the extensive Magic talk that seems to be missing from the other forums.....

D

DÛke

9/11 is not a special date. I hate it when I see people treating it as the beginning of a new era or something. Oooh, 3000 died, so what? Saying that it changed the world we live in forever is...just too much, and very stupid. It didn't change a thing. However, it did give the U.S. a taste of suffering, and it wasn't enough...for the first time, some Americans finally know that the world is much more than the U.S. It'd take a couple of more airplanes in order to have everyone understand that simple fact completely...

Honestly, some guy I knew didn't even know of a place called "Iraq," until 9/11. Talk about stupid.

A

arhar

Whatever YOU think of importance of 9/11, you can't deny it was very important for American people. And like it or not, America is the most powerful nation in the world right now. And a lot of things that happened since or are yet to happen, are directly or indirectly influenced by the events of 9/11. That's just a simple fact.

F

FoundationOfRancor

I do believe admin power has corrupted you.

PS: What do you think about that new Orgg in judge?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by DÛke

9/11 is not a special date. I hate it when I see people treating it as the beginning of a new era or something. Oooh, 3000 died, so what? Saying that it changed the world we live in forever is...just too much, and very stupid. It didn't change a thing. However, it did give the U.S. a taste of suffering, and it wasn't enough...for the first time, some Americans finally know that the world is much more than the U.S. It'd take a couple of more airplanes in order to have everyone understand that simple fact completely...
DÛke, it does signify the beginning of a new era. It's the day America woke up and realized "that the world is much more than the U.S.", and that if we are to live in it like the rest of the world we need to make it safer for everyone.

That's why we declared a war on terrorism, and while I've yet to see any real progress in any other theater in the world we've done a fairly good job of driving the Al Qaida network underground. Whether that is helping to protect our people any better is debateable, since it's impossible to prove the negative, but at least it's made us feel a whole lot better, since we have been able to free the majority of the Afghan people, and return to them some degree of self-determination.

We don't really need it to rain any more airplanes around here DÛke. We already got the message, and have responded appropriately...:mad:

C

Chaos Turtle

Still scrupulously avoiding any...uh, "debates" about 9/11, the Mid-East, or anything else that gets people riled up. I only talk about that stuff with my real-life friends, who I can trust to be able to agree or disagree without being stupid. No offense.

Shady milkman?

What about...

RABID PANDA!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, responding to Multani's direct concern about the mods not doing what is what they're supposed to be doing, except in very few rare cases, I have not felt that the "flames" were really flames at all, at least those worthy to be banished to the Battle Forum. Most arguments were still generally without cursing (my pet peeve) and they didn't attack the poster directly. When they did, I am pretty sure someone stepped in and told them to cool it.

originally posted by Duke
I will respect people's opinions...but some people are *so* stupid, and their opinion is such a trash, filled with personal beliefs and longing ideals...why would I want to respect something that argues with my intelligent opinion, which is filled with facts and knowledge?

I understand that some people look at "my" opinion, and see it as trash...but I don't have such a strong opinion about most subject matters anyway...what I speak most of the time is facts. People don't like the truth, so that "trash" they may see in me is actually they world we live in. They just can't handle it because of insecurity on their part, and actually, because they're so stupid. And pardon me when I say that the CPA has a good share of stupid.
Duke, I see how you prefaced your second paragraph up there, but again, how is anyone to know what you speak are "facts"? For all they know, you're blowing air out of your nose. Like when you said the US is in Afghanistan for oil. No one knows that most of the time you speak "facts", just like you don't know if others are speaking "facts".

D

DÛke

We can't have 2 people saying 2 different things about 1 subject, and then assume that they're both right. When comments like "we have been able to free the majority of the Afghan people, and return to them some degree of self-determination" exist, then obviously, somebody didn't do their homework. Afghanis are not happy. You don't believe me, that's your problem, not mine. It's what I know from the international magazine's we get from Iraq, Egypt, Jordan, and Afghanistan itself. I know I'm right, thus you're not. Perhaps you're even wrong.