Constructed Round 2: Spidey vs Rakarth

R

Rakarth

Untap, upkeep - take 2, Draw

Island. Attack with Phantom Warrior. Responses?

Spidey: 20
Hand: 4
Library: 48
In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Forest
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Nurturing Licid (1/1, G, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay G to end this effect. G: Regen enchanted creature)
(U) Wall of Blossoms (0/4, Defender, When ~ CIP, draw a card)

Graveyard: Befoul
RFG:

-------------------------------------

Rakarth: 13
Library: 49
In Play:

(U) Swamp
(U,U,U,U) Island x4

(U) Sleeper Agent (3/3, When ~ CIP, Rakarth gains control of it. At the beginning of Rakarth's upkeep, ~ deals 2 dmg to him)

(T) Phantom Warrior(2/2) - Unblockable

Graveyard: Phantom Warrior
RFG:

R

Rakarth

Play Mistblade Shinobi from my hand using Ninjutsu.

1 damage and return the Nurturing Licid if you take the damage unless you have a response before it goes on the stack?

In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Forest
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Nurturing Licid (1/1, G, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay G to end this effect. G: Regen enchanted creature)

RFG:

In Play:

(U) Swamp
(T,U,U,U) Island x4

(U) Sleeper Agent (3/3, When ~ CIP, Rakarth gains control of it. At the beginning of Rakarth's upkeep, ~ deals 2 dmg to him)

(T) Mistblade Shinobi (1/1) - When ~ deals cmbt dmg to a player, bounce target creature that player controls

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No response to the dmg, but once the ability is on the stack, tap Forest and the Licid to turn it into the Aura enchanting my Wall.

R

Rakarth

Thought that might happen, but can't let you draw more cards than necessary by bouncing the Wall:) I assumed you tapped the forest for the manaas opposed to the Bayou?

Play Phantom Warrior. Done,

In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(T) Forest
(U,U) Swamp x2

(Enchanting Wall of Blossoms) (T) Nurturing Licid (1/1, G, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay G to end this effect. G: Regen enchanted creature)

RFG:

In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,T,T,U) Island x4

(S) Phantom Warrior (2/2) - Unblockable

(T) Mistblade Shinobi (1/1) - When ~ deals cmbt dmg to a player, bounce target creature that player controls

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
tap Forest and the Licid...
I did indeed.

EOT, I pay G to turn it back into a creature.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Hand: 5
Library: 47
In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Forest
(U,U) Swamp x2

RFG:

In Play:

(T) Swamp
(T,T,T,U) Island x4

RFG:

R

Rakarth

Untap, Upkeep - take 2 and also reveal Writ of passage from my hand and pay forecast cost 1U to make a creature with power 2 or less (Mistblade Shinobi) unblockable this turn, Draw.

Responses to the ability?

Swamp.

In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Forest
(U,U) Swamp x2

RFG:

Rakarth: 11
Hand: 3
In Play:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U,U,U) Island x4

(U) Phantom Warrior (2/2) - Unblockable

(U) Mistblade Shinobi (1/1) - When ~ deals cmbt dmg to a player, bounce target creature that player controls

RFG:

R

Rakarth

Attack with Shinobi and the Warrior. Responses?

In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Forest
(U,U) Swamp x2

RFG:

In Play:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U,U,U) Island x4

(T) Phantom Warrior (2/2) - Unblockable

RFG:

R

Rakarth

Yep, so damage doesn't resolve yet? You have a trick up your sleeve :p

Rakarth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, this time I'm smarter :)

I tap the Forest and Licid to turn it into an Aura enchanting the Sleeper Agent.

R

Rakarth

Oh great I am going to die from the Sleeper Agent. That's definately not the way I pictured this going :p

I'll not bounce anything (the ability is actually optional but I wrote it in as few words as possible). Take 3 damage though :D

Rakarth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh great I am going to die from the Sleeper Agent. That's definately not the way I pictured this going
Funny, that's how I saw it :)

EOT, turn the Licid back into a creature.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Spidey: 17
Hand: 6
Library: 46
In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Forest
(U,U) Swamp x2

RFG:

In Play:

(T,U) Swamp x2
(T,U,U,U) Island x4

RFG:

R

Rakarth

untap, upkeep,draw.

Island. Enchant the Mistblade with Writ of Passage. Attack with both. Responses?

Spidey: 14
In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Forest
(U,U) Swamp x2

RFG:

Rakarth: 9
Hand: 1
In Play:

(U,T) Swamp x2
(T,U,U,T,T) Island x5

(T) Mistblade Shinobi (1/1) - When ~ deals cmbt dmg to a player, bounce target creature that player controls - (Writ of Passage)

(Ench Creature) Writ of Passage - Creature with power 2 or less is unblockable

RFG:

R

Rakarth

Ok, take 3, I'll not bounce anything and I'll play another Phantom Warrior.

In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U) Forest
(U,U) Swamp x2

RFG:

In Play:

(U,T) Swamp x2
(T,U,U,T,T) Island x5

(T) Mistblade Shinobi (1/1) - When ~ deals cmbt dmg to a player, bounce target creature that player controls - (Writ of Passage)

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep

Forest

Done

Library: 45
In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Nurturing Licid (1/1, G, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay G to end this effect. G: Regen enchanted creature) *Aura enchanting Sleeper Agent*

RFG:

In Play:

(U,T) Swamp x2
(T,U,U,T,T) Island x5

RFG:

R

Rakarth

Untap, Upkeep - take 2 damage, Draw

Island. Attack with both Phantom Warriors and the Shinobi, all unblockable. Responses?

Library: 45
In Play:

(U) Bayou (B/G dual)
(U,U) Forest x2
(U,U) Swamp x2

(U) Nurturing Licid (1/1, G, T: ~ loses this ability and becomes an Aura enchantment with enchant creature. Attach it to target creature. I may pay G to end this effect. G: Regen enchanted creature) *Aura enchanting Sleeper Agent*

RFG:

Rakarth: 7
In Play:

(U,U) Swamp x2
(U,U,U,U,U,) Island x6

(T) Mistblade Shinobi (1/1) - When ~ deals cmbt dmg to a player, I may bounce target creature that player controls - (Writ of Passage)

RFG: