Commander: Mooseman v SealTeamBill v Oversoul

the only other rule I can find on this card is that it still turns colorless black. but you can still change its color was another card so if you change it to blue and then you have an instant that says all blue cards are destroyed then it's destroyed

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
It is a black zombie in ADDITION to it's other types and color, not instead of. When a card leaves the battlefield it is another object and is just a card.
Oversoul, your spell resolves.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Sorry. I had intended to post yesterday evening, but I was exhausted and fell asleep.

Anyway, I'll cast Talisman of Dominance. Done.

Mooseman: 38
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 3
Library: 76
Command Zone (0): 2URW Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(UT) Island x2
(U) Mountain
(T) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(U) Wind-Scarred Crag (L, ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life.Tap: Add R or W.)
(T) Izzet Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)
(T) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)
(T) Sol Ring (, A, T:2)
(U) Commander's Sphere (, A, {T}: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.
Sacrifice Commander's Sphere: Draw a card.)
(U) Stone Quarry (, L, ETB tapped. T:R or W)
(U) Izzet Locket (, A, T: U OR R. R/U R/U R/U R/U , T , Sacrifice Izzet Locket: Draw two cards.)

(U) Talrand, Sky Summoner (LC Merfolk Wizard, 0/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, create a 2/2 blue Drake creature token with flying.) *-2/-0 from Despondency*
(S) Drake Token (B) (2/2, Flying)
(S) Human Token (W) (1/1) x10

Graveyard: Sevinne's Reclamation, Increasing Vengeance, Divine Reckoning, Mass Diminish, Clever Impersonator
Exile: Divine Reckoning, Increasing Devotion

===================================================================================

SealTeamBill: 66
Library: 75
Command Zone (0): 3WUB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (WUB) ( legendary creature - Giant Soldier; 4/5. At the beginning of your upkeep you gain two life. Whenever you gain life, you may pay (1) if you do, draw a card and each opponent loses one life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is in your commander Zone you gain two life.

Battlefield:
(TT) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(TTTT) Plains x4
(T) Orzhov Basilica (L, EBT tapped,- When ETB return a land you control to your hand. T: add WB to your mana pool.)
Darksteel Mutation (Enchant creature, Enchanted creature is a 0/1 insect artifact creature with indestructible and loses all other abilities.)
(T) Obelisk of Esper (Artifact)( T: add W, U, or B to your mana pool.)

Crawl Space (No more than two creatures can attack you each combat.)

(U) Tidehollow Strix (Artifact creature-Insect)(0/1)(indestructible) ~ Darksteel Mutation
(U) Wall of Reverence (W)(1/6)(Defender; Flying. at the beginning of your end step you may gain life equal to the power of a Target creature you control.) *Enchanted with Fallen Ideal*

Graveyard: Marrow Bats, Dromar's Charm, Raven Familiar, Augury Adept, Ajanl's Pridemate
Exile:Phyrexian Gargantua

===================================================================================

Oversoul: 40
Hand: 6
Library: 72
Command Zone (1): 2BBUU

Battlefield:
(U,T,T) Snow-Covered Island x3
(T,T,T,T,T) Snow-Covered Swamp x5
(T) Arcane Lighthouse (T: adds C to my mana pool. 1,T: ueot, creatures my opponents control lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof or shroud.)

(U) Arcane Signet (T: adds one mana of any color in my commander's color identity to my mana pool.)
(U) Claws of Gix (1, sac a permanent: I gain 1 life.)
(U) Arcum's Astrolabe (When ~ etb, I draw a card. 1,T: adds one mana of any color to my mana pool.)
(U) Talisman of Dominance (T: adds C to my mana pool. T: adds U or B to my mana pool and ~ deals 1 damage to me.)

(S) Ramses Overdark (UB Legendary Creature — Human Assassin Zombie) (4/3; T: Destroy target enchanted creature.)
(S) Shadowmage Infiltrator (UB Human Wizard Zombie) (1/3; Fear. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, I may draw a card.)

Despondency (B aura) (Enchanted creature gets -2/0. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Talrand, Sky Summoner*
Fallen Ideal (B aura) (Enchanted creature has flying and "sac a creature: ~ gets +2/+1 ueot." When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Wall of Reverence*

Graveyard: Arcane Denial, Knight of the Ebon Legion, River's Rebuke, Minion's Return, Stinging Licid
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
MT
Attack bill with 2 drake tokens and 10 1/1 humans
Block/Response?

Library: 74
Command Zone (0): 2URW Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UU) Mountain x2
(U) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(U) Wind-Scarred Crag (L, ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life.Tap: Add R or W.)
(U) Izzet Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)
(U) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)
(U) Sol Ring (, A, T:2)
(U) Commander's Sphere (, A, {T}: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color in your commander's color identity.
(U) Izzet Locket (, A, T: U OR R. R/U R/U R/U R/U , T , Sacrifice Izzet Locket: Draw two cards.)

(U) Talrand, Sky Summoner (LC Merfolk Wizard, 0/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, create a 2/2 blue Drake creature token with flying.) *-2/-0 from Despondency*
(T) Drake Token (B) (2/2, Flying)
(T) Human Token (W) (1/1) x10

Graveyard: Sevinne's Reclamation, Increasing Vengeance, Divine Reckoning, Mass Diminish, Clever Impersonator, Leadership Vacuum

Command Zone (0): 3WUB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (WUB) ( legendary creature - Giant Soldier; 4/5. At the beginning of your upkeep you gain two life. Whenever you gain life, you may pay (1) if you do, draw a card and each opponent loses one life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is in your commander Zone you gain two life.

Battlefield:
(TT) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(TTTT) Plains x4
(T) Orzhov Basilica (L, EBT tapped,- When ETB return a land you control to your hand. T: add WB to your mana pool.)
Darksteel Mutation (Enchant creature, Enchanted creature is a 0/1 insect artifact creature with indestructible and loses all other abilities.)

(U) Tidehollow Strix (Artifact creature-Insect)(0/1)(indestructible) ~ Darksteel Mutation
(U) Wall of Reverence (W)(1/6)(Defender; Flying. at the beginning of your end step you may gain life equal to the power of a Target creature you control.) *Enchanted with Fallen Ideal*

Graveyard: Marrow Bats, Dromar's Charm, Raven Familiar, Augury Adept, Ajanl's Pridemate

Battlefield:
(T) Arcane Lighthouse (T: adds C to my mana pool. 1,T: ueot, creatures my opponents control lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof or shroud.)

(U) Arcane Signet (T: adds one mana of any color in my commander's color identity to my mana pool.)
(U) Arcum's Astrolabe (When ~ etb, I draw a card. 1,T: adds one mana of any color to my mana pool.)
(U) Talisman of Dominance (T: adds C to my mana pool. T: adds U or B to my mana pool and ~ deals 1 damage to me.)

(S) Shadowmage Infiltrator (UB Human Wizard Zombie) (1/3; Fear. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, I may draw a card.)

Despondency (B aura) (Enchanted creature gets -2/0. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Talrand, Sky Summoner*
Fallen Ideal (B aura) (Enchanted creature has flying and "sac a creature: ~ gets +2/+1 ueot." When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Wall of Reverence*

Graveyard: Arcane Denial, Knight of the Ebon Legion, River's Rebuke, Minion's Return, Stinging Licid, Ramses Overdark
Exile:

Last edited:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If your cards in hand was 3 before you cast Leadership Vacuum, it should still be 3 now. You'd still get the cantrip part of Leadership Vacuum (the spell targets me, not my commander, so it can't fizzle), then you'd draw another card on your turn and be up to 4, and playing a land brings you back to 3. If you'd actually already had just 2 cards in hand from before, then disregard.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh... you are correct, Bill
No attack.
Sevinne, the Chronoclasm
Done

Command Zone (0): 2URW
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UT) Mountain x2
(T) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(U) Boros Garrison (, L, ETB Tapped. When~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand.T: Add RW to your mana pool.)

(S) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
(U) Human Token (W) (1/1) x10

Graveyard: Sevinne's Reclamation, Increasing Vengeance, Divine Reckoning, Mass Diminish, Clever Impersonator, Leadership Vacuum

Battlefield:
(TT) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(TTTT) Plains x4

Battlefield:

Graveyard: Arcane Denial, Knight of the Ebon Legion, River's Rebuke, Minion's Return, Stinging Licid, Ramses Overdark
Exile:
[/QUOTE]

Man you guys are mana heavy
U,U gain 2 life, D
sorcery ~ Famine ~ cost WWWBB (Famine deals 3 damage to each creature and each player. )

RESPONSE?

Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UT) Mountain x2

(S) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
(U) Human Token (W) (1/1) x10

SealTeamBill: 68

Battlefield:
(UU) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(TTUU) Plains x4
(U) Obelisk of Esper (Artifact)( T: add W, U, or B to your mana pool.)

Graveyard: Marrow Bats, Dromar's Charm, Raven Familiar, Augury Adept, Ajanl's Pridemate, Famine

Battlefield:

Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Looks like Famine resolves. My life total after taking damage from Famine should be 39 (last board state posted here has it at 40, but it was already at 40 before I sacrificed both of my zombies to Claws of Gix).

Man you guys are mana heavy
U,U gain 2 life, D
sorcery ~ Famine ~ cost WWWBB (Famine deals 3 damage to each creature and each player. )
All the tokens died
3 creatures hit the grave yard of which one is a Commander.
Wall of Reverence takes 3 damage
Everyone takes 3 damage with the exception of Oversoul who takes 2..
Cast: Swiftfoot Boots cost WW
Gain 1 life from the wall
Done

Mooseman: 35
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UT) Mountain x2

Graveyard: Sevinne's Reclamation, Increasing Vengeance, Divine Reckoning, Mass Diminish, Clever Impersonator, Leadership Vacuum, SEVINNE, THE CHRONICLAM, Talrand, Sky Summoner

Hand: 2

Battlefield:
(UU) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(TTUU) Plains x4
(U)Obelisk of Esper (Artifact)( T: add W, U, or B to your mana pool.)
(U) Crawl Space (No more than two creatures can attack you each combat.)
(U) Swiftfoot Boots (EQ 1 Equipped Creature has hexproof and haste)

Graveyard: Marrow Bats, Dromar's Charm, Raven Familiar, Augury Adept, Ajanl's Pridemate, Famine

Oversoul: 38
Hand: 7 despondency

Battlefield:

Graveyard: Arcane Denial, Knight of the Ebon Legion, River's Rebuke, Minion's Return, Stinging Licid, Ramses Overdark, Shadowmage Infiltrator
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Let's make it 37. End of turn, I'll cast Vampiric Tutor.

Also, the damage to Sevinne is prevented by one of his abilities, so he's still totally alive.

UUD, Ever After on Ramses Overdark and Shadowmage Infiltrator (again), Despondency on Sevinne, done.

Edit: I spotted a slight error. Phyrexian Gargantua should be in Bill's graveyard, not in exile. It looks like when it died while under my control, Mooseman put it in my graveyard assuming it was one of my creatures, then Bill put it in his exile. So, if I had died while controlling the Gargantua, it would have gone into Bill's exile. But since the Gargantua died while I was still alive, it just belongs in Bill's graveyard. I think I put it in the right spot for graveyard order, but I'll let Bill check on that as well.

Command Zone (1): 2URW
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Island x2
(UT) Mountain x2

(S) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 0/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy) *Enchanted with Despondency*

Graveyard: Sevinne's Reclamation, Increasing Vengeance, Divine Reckoning, Mass Diminish, Clever Impersonator, Leadership Vacuum, Talrand, Sky Summoner

Battlefield:
(UU) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(TTUU) Plains x4
(U) Crawl Space (No more than two creatures can attack you each combat.)
(U) Swiftfoot Boots (EQ 1 Equipped Creature has hexproof and haste)

Graveyard: Marrow Bats, Dromar's Charm, Phyrexian Gargantua, Raven Familiar, Augury Adept, Ajani's Pridemate, Famine
Exile:

Oversoul: 37
Hand: 5

Battlefield:
(U,T,T,T,T) Snow-Covered Swamp x5
(U) Arcane Lighthouse (T: adds C to my mana pool. 1,T: ueot, creatures my opponents control lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof or shroud.)

(S) Ramses Overdark (UB Legendary Creature — Human Assassin Zombie) (4/3; T: Destroy target enchanted creature.)

Despondency (B aura) (Enchanted creature gets -2/0. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Sevinne, the Chronoclasm*

Graveyard: Arcane Denial, Knight of the Ebon Legion, River's Rebuke, Minion's Return, Stinging Licid, Vampiric Tutor
Exile:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
That looks correct.
UUD
Mass Diminish targeting Bill and the copy targeting Oversoul
Response?

Hand: 4
Library: 73
Command Zone (1): 2URW
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UT) Island x2
(UU) Mountain x2
(U) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(T) Stone Quarry (, L, ETB tapped. T:R or W)

(S) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 0/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy) *Enchanted with Despondency*

Graveyard: Sevinne's Reclamation, Increasing Vengeance, Divine Reckoning, Clever Impersonator, Leadership Vacuum, Talrand, Sky Summoner
Exile: Divine Reckoning, Increasing Devotion, Mass Diminish

Battlefield:
(UU) Island x2
(T) Swamp
(TTUU) Plains x4

Swiftfoot Boots (EQ 1 Equipped Creature has hexproof and haste)

Graveyard: Marrow Bats, Dromar's Charm, Phyrexian Gargantua, Raven Familiar, Augury Adept, Ajani's Pridemate, Famine
Exile:

Oversoul: 37
Hand: 5

Battlefield:
(U,T,T,T,T) Snow-Covered Swamp x5
(U) Arcane Lighthouse (T: adds C to my mana pool. 1,T: ueot, creatures my opponents control lose hexproof and shroud and can't have hexproof or shroud.)

Despondency (B aura) (Enchanted creature gets -2/0. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *Enchanting Sevinne, the Chronoclasm*

Graveyard: Arcane Denial, Knight of the Ebon Legion, River's Rebuke, Minion's Return, Stinging Licid, Vampiric Tutor
Exile: