Commander: Mooseman v SealTeamBill v Oversoul

Attacking with the 1/2 flying and 0/1 flying deathtouch, I did not deduct any damage yet, because there are zero casting cost cards and a response has not been made.

Arcane denial gives me a two card draw in my next upkeep and one in yours.
According to the 9/16/2007 rules I have to declare how many cards I'm going to draw in my next upkeep which will be two.

Plains
Marrow Bats *countered
Attack Oversoul, 1/2 flyer and a 0/1 flying deathtouch
response spell has been counter, Oversoul takes 1

Done

Mooseman: 41
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 7
Library: 87
Command Zone (0): 2URW Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(U) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(U) Wind-Scarred Crag (L, ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life.Tap: Add R or W.)
(T) Izzet Guildgate (Gate, L, ETB Tapped. T: U or R)

Graveyard: Sevinne's Reclamation
Exile:

===================================================================================

SealTeamBill: 50
Hand: 5
Command Zone (0): 3WUB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (WUB) ( legendary creature - Giant Soldier; 4/5. At the beginning of your upkeep you gain two life. Whenever you gain life, you may pay (1) if you do, draw a card and each opponent loses one life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is in your commander Zone you gain two life.

Battlefield:
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(TTT) Plains x3

(T) Tidehollow Strix (UB Artifact creature-bird)(0/1)(Flying: Deathtouch)~ *Enchanted with Despondency.*
(T) Raven Familiar (U creature-bird)(1/2)(Flying, Echo paid...When Raven Familiar enters the battlefield, look at the top 3 cards of your library. Put one into your hand and the rest on the bottom in any order.)

Graveyard:Marrow Bats
Exile:

===================================================================================

Oversoul: 39
Hand: 6
Command Zone (0): 2BBUU Ramses Overdark (Legendary Creature — Human Assassin. 4/3; T: Destroy target enchanted creature.)

Battlefield:

(T) Snow-Covered Island
(T,T,T) Snow-Covered Swamp x3

(T) Shadowmage Infiltrator (UB human wizard) (1/3; Fear. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, I may draw a card.)

Despondency (B aura) (Enchanted creature gets -2/-0. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *enchanting Tidehollow Strix.*

Graveyard:
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Untap, upkeep, draw a card from Arcane Denial. Bill may choose to draw up to two cards at this time. Want two cards?

Yes I will draw two cards.
BTW Snow-Covered lands in this format are basic lands.MTG 10/1/2008
" effects that Target non basic lands cannot Target snow lands"
They are banned in Limited events as of 2008.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
SEALTEAMBILL said:
BTW Snow-Covered lands in this format are basic lands.MTG 10/1/2008
" effects that Target non basic lands cannot Target snow lands"
They are banned in Limited events as of 2008.
Hm, I'm curious where you got that quote. Gatherer ruling doesn't use that wording and I assume the reason is because one could totally have snow basics in, for instance, Modern Horizons Limited events. Saying that they're banned would mean that people can't play them even if they're in their card pools, which isn't the intent. The text of the ruling is...

In Limited events, you can’t add basic snow lands to your deck from outside your card pool. You may add only lands named Plains, Island, Swamp, Mountain, and Forest, as normal.
Anyway, Snow-Covered Island, attack Mooseman with Shadowmage Infiltrator. Responses?

Mooseman: 40?
Command Zone (0): 2URW Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (URW) (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
Battlefield:

(U) Mountain
(U) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)
(U) Wind-Scarred Crag (L, ETB tapped. When ~ ETB, you gain 1 life.Tap: Add R or W.)

Exile:

Library: 85
Command Zone (0): 3WUB Oloro, Ageless Ascetic (WUB) ( legendary creature - Giant Soldier; 4/5. At the beginning of your upkeep you gain two life. Whenever you gain life, you may pay (1) if you do, draw a card and each opponent loses one life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, if Oloro, Ageless Ascetic is in your commander Zone you gain two life.

Battlefield:
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(TTT) Plains x3

(T) Tidehollow Strix (UB Artifact creature-bird)(0/1)(Flying: Deathtouch)~ *Enchanted with Despondency.*
(T) Raven Familiar (U creature-bird)(1/2)(Flying, Echo paid...When Raven Familiar enters the battlefield, look at the top 3 cards of your library. Put one into your hand and the rest on the bottom in any order.)

Graveyard: Marrow Bats
Exile:

Command Zone (0): 2BBUU Ramses Overdark (Legendary Creature — Human Assassin. 4/3; T: Destroy target enchanted creature.)

Battlefield:

(U,U) Snow-Covered Island x2
(U,U,U) Snow-Covered Swamp x3

(T) Shadowmage Infiltrator (UB human wizard) (1/3; Fear. Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, I may draw a card.)

Despondency (B aura) (Enchanted creature gets -2/-0. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *enchanting Tidehollow Strix.*

Graveyard: Arcane Denial
Exile:

Last edited:
Nothing from me.

I found the snow land stuff online (gatherer.wizards.com) old site 2008 I been using it for buying cards for my collection.
Mooseman man knows a lot technical rules cuz he used to be an official judge. I'm just a player out of the loop. I haven't played for years I've been taking care of a mother with Alzheimer's she passed away four years ago so I thought I'd get back into it and then it's damn Covid-19 has fuked everything up. Sorry if I used incorrect information. I'll ask next time.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I found the snow land stuff online (gatherer.wizards.com) old site 2008 I been using it for buying cards for my collection.
Mooseman man knows a lot technical rules cuz he used to be an official judge. I'm just a player out of the loop. I haven't played for years I've been taking care of a mother with Alzheimer's she passed away four years ago so I thought I'd get back into it and then it's damn Covid-19 has fuked everything up. Sorry if I used incorrect information. I'll ask next time.
It never hurts to check! But yeah, the ruling on snow basics in Limited formats probably came up around that time because game stores would have land stations with basics to use in Sealed Deck and Booster Draft events. Some old snow basics from Coldsnap and Ice Age made into those big stacks of cards at most stores, and then it would matter if someone was supposed to choose a card name or something. It messes with game balance if some players get functionally identical basics with different names, so WotC spelled it out that snow basics weren't allowed to be brought into those decks when basic lands were being added. I'm actually kinda surprised that it took until 2008, actually!

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No response from me.

BTW - there are snow basic lands and snow non-basic lands.
Example:
Basic Snow Land — Mountain is a basic land
Frostwalk Bastion Snow Land is not a basic land

Effects that Target non basic lands cannot Target snow basic lands

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BTW - there are snow basic lands and snow non-basic lands.
Example:
Basic Snow Land — Mountain is a basic land
Frostwalk Bastion Snow Land is not a basic land

Effects that Target non basic lands cannot Target snow basic lands
Yep. I don't think I have any snow non-basics in this deck, but I have used them on occasion.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Not working from home? You must be essential.
Yep. Only weekdays I haven't worked all year have been holidays. I need a vacation, but there hasn't been much point in taking one, what with everything shut down. Might finally try to do that soon.

Anyway, I draw a card off the Infiltrator. Knight of the Ebon Legion, cast Launch of Knight of the Ebon Legion, done.

Mooseman: 40
Battlefield:

(U) Mountain

Exile:

Battlefield:
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(TTT) Plains x3

Exile:

Library: 84

Battlefield:

(U,T) Snow-Covered Island x2
(U,T,T) Snow-Covered Swamp x3

(S) Knight of the Ebon Legion (B vampire knight) (1/2; 2B: ~ gets +3/+3 and gains deathtouch ueot. At the beginning of my end step, if a player lost 4 or more life this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *Flying from Launch*

Launch (U aura) (Enchanted creature gains flying. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *enchanting Knight of the Ebon Legion*

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Plains
Talrand, Sky Summoner
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(U) Mountain
(T) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)

(S) Talrand, Sky Summoner (LC Merfolk Wizard, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, create a 2/2 blue Drake creature token with flying.)

Exile:

Battlefield:
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(TTT) Plains x3

Exile:

Battlefield:

(S) Knight of the Ebon Legion (B vampire knight) (1/2; 2B: ~ gets +3/+3 and gains deathtouch ueot. At the beginning of my end step, if a player lost 4 or more life this turn, put a +1/+1 counter on ~.) *Flying from Launch*

Launch (U aura) (Enchanted creature gains flying. When ~ dies, return it to my hand.) *enchanting Knight of the Ebon Legion*

Exile:

U, U gain 2 life, D
Tap and float a plains
Play a special land...Orzhov Basilica return the tapped plain to my hand.
Obelisk of Esper
Augury Adept
Done

Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(U) Mountain
(T) Azorius Chancery (L, ETB tapped.When ~ ETB, return a land you control to its owner's hand. T: Add WU to your mana pool.)

(S) Talrand, Sky Summoner (LC Merfolk Wizard, 2/2, Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, create a 2/2 blue Drake creature token with flying.)

Exile:

SealTeamBill: 52

Library: 82

Battlefield:
(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(TT) Plains x2
(T) Orzhov Basilica (L, EBT tapped,- When ETB return a land you control to your hand. T: add WB to your mana pool.)

(U) Tidehollow Strix (UB Artifact creature-bird)(0/1)(Flying: Deathtouch)~ *Enchanted with Despondency.*
(U) Raven Familiar (U creature-bird)(1/2)(Flying, Echo paid...When Raven Familiar enters the battlefield, look at the top 3 cards of your library. Put one into your hand and the rest on the bottom in any order.)
(S) Augury Adept (WU Creature- Kithkin Wizard)(whenever Augury Adept deals combat damage to a player, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You gain life equal to its converted mana cost.)
(T) Obelisk of Esper (Artifact)( T: add W, U, or B to your mana pool.)
Exile:

Battlefield:

Exile: