Commander 2019: Spidey (Mystic Intellect) vs Mooseman (Merciless Rage)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Draw
Not quite the same....
Plaguecrafter
Sac it to itself
which one are you keeping?

Spidey: 16
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 52
Command Zone (cast twice): 2URW Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Izzet Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(T) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(T) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(T) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or W to my mana pool)
(T) Mystic Monastery (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, R, or W to my mana pool)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)
(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *2 charge ctrs*

Burning Vengeance (Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, ~ deals 2 dmg to any target)

(S) Thalia's Geistcaller (3/1; Lifelink; Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token w/flying.; Sac a Spirit: ~ gains indestructible ueot)
(S) Zetalpa, Primal Dawn (4/8; Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Elsha of the Infinite, Izzet Locket, Scaretiller, Cliffside Rescuer, Burnished Hart
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt, Prismatic Strands, Sevinne's Reclamation, Mystic Retrieval
===================================================================================
Mooseman: 14
Dmg from commander: 4/21
Hand: 3
Library: 72
Command Zone (cast once): 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4
(U) Cinder Barrens (, L, ETB Tapped. T:B or R)
(U) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(U) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(T) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)
(T) Drownyard Temple (, , T: Add C to your mana pool. 3: Return Drownyard Temple from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped)

(S) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When Wildfire Devils enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boneyard Parley, Forgotten Cave Chaos Warp, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Plaguecrafter
Exile: Gorgon Recluse, Squee, Fiery Temper, Soul of Innistrad, In Garruk's Wake

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Use the Geier Reach Sanitarium
Discard Anje's Ravager , pay the madness
Done

Library: 52
Command Zone (cast twice): 2URW Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(T) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(T) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or W to my mana pool)
(T) Mystic Monastery (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, R, or W to my mana pool)

(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *2 charge ctrs*

Burning Vengeance (Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, ~ deals 2 dmg to any target)

(S) Zetalpa, Primal Dawn (4/8; Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Elsha of the Infinite, Izzet Locket, Scaretiller, Cliffside Rescuer, Burnished Hart, Thalia's Geistcaller
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt, Prismatic Strands, Sevinne's Reclamation, Mystic Retrieval
===================================================================================
Library: 71
Command Zone (cast once): 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TTTT) Moutain x4
(T) Cinder Barrens (, L, ETB Tapped. T:B or R)
(T) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(T) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(T) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)
(T) Drownyard Temple (, , T: Add C to your mana pool. 3: Return Drownyard Temple from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped)

(S) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When Wildfire Devils enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)
(S)
Anje's Ravager (Vampire Beserker, 3/3, ~ attacks each combat if able. Whenever ~ attacks, discard your hand, then draw three cards. Madness 1R)
Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boneyard Parley, Forgotten Cave Chaos Warp, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Plaguecrafter

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Discard a Plains and draw a card from the Geier Reach Sanitarium

EOT, put a charge ctr on the Autogenerator

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack with Zetalpa
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 7
Library: 50
Battlefield:

(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Island
(U) Mt
(U) Izzet Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(U) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or W to my mana pool)
(U) Mystic Monastery (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, R, or W to my mana pool)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)
(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *3 charge ctrs*

(U,A) Zetalpa, Primal Dawn (4/8; Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible)

Graveyard: Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Elsha of the Infinite, Izzet Locket, Scaretiller, Cliffside Rescuer, Burnished Hart, Thalia's Geistcaller, Plains
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TTTT) Moutain x4
(T) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(T) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)

(S) Anje's Ravager (Vampire Beserker, 3/3, ~ attacks each combat if able. Whenever ~ attacks, discard your hand, then draw three cards. Madness 1R)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, gonna be honest and say I totally missed that ability, I was paying attention to the vigilance, double strike, and indestructibility and that you were tapped out :LOL:

So that's 8

Magmaquake for 3
Sevinne
Boros Garrison, returnin a Plains to my hand

Done

Command Zone (cast thrice): 2URW
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or W to my mana pool)
(T) Boros Garrison (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add RW to my mana pool)

(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *3 charge ctrs*

(U) Zetalpa, Primal Dawn (4/8; Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible)
(S) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Elsha of the Infinite, Izzet Locket, Scaretiller, Cliffside Rescuer, Burnished Hart, Thalia's Geistcaller, Plains, Magmaquake
Mooseman: 6
Battlefield:

(TTT) Swamp x3
(TTTT) Moutain x4

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boneyard Parley, Forgotten Cave Chaos Warp, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Plaguecrafter, Wildfire Devils, Anje's Ravager

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Not looking good
UUD
use Sanitarium to draw and discard K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth
Swamp
Warstorm Surge
Skyfire Phoenix
3 to you
done

Spidey: 13
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Boros Garrison (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add RW to my mana pool)

(U) Zetalpa, Primal Dawn (4/8; Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible)
(S) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Elsha of the Infinite, Izzet Locket, Scaretiller, Cliffside Rescuer, Burnished Hart, Thalia's Geistcaller, Plains, Magmaquake
Mooseman: 6
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Swamp x4
(TTTT) Moutain x4

Warstorm Surge (E, Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, it deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player.)

(S) Skyfire Phoenix (Phoenix, 3/3, Flying, haste When you cast your commander, return Skyfire Phoenix from your graveyard to the battlefield.)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boneyard Parley, Forgotten Cave Chaos Warp, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Plaguecrafter, Wildfire Devils, Anje's Ravager, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Draw and discard Island to the Sanitarium

EOT, put a charge ctr on the Autogenerator

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Ral Zarek
Use him to deal 3 dmg to the Phoenix
Attack with Zetalpa for the win?

Spidey: 13
Library: 48
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(U) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Izzet Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)
(U) Boros Garrison (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add RW to my mana pool)

(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *4 charge ctrs*

Ral Zarek (2, +1: Tap target permanent, then untap another target permanent.; -2: ~ deals 3 dmg to any target.; -7: Flip five coins. Take an extra turn after this one for each coin that comes up heads)

(U,A) Zetalpa, Primal Dawn (4/8; Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible)
(U) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Elsha of the Infinite, Izzet Locket, Scaretiller, Cliffside Rescuer, Burnished Hart, Thalia's Geistcaller, Plains, Magmaquake, Island
Mooseman: 6 - 0?
Hand: 1
Battlefield:

(TTTT) Swamp x4
(TTTT) Moutain x4

Warstorm Surge (E, Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, it deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player.)

(S) Skyfire Phoenix (Phoenix, 3/3, Flying, haste When you cast your commander, return Skyfire Phoenix from your graveyard to the battlefield.) **DEAD??*

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boneyard Parley, Forgotten Cave Chaos Warp, Ob Nixilis Reignited, Plaguecrafter, Wildfire Devils, Anje's Ravager, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yep.
Great game, but man there was so much going on.
I was hoping to get to draw a few more cards.
I didn't get very many madness cards, odd for this commander.
Your "can't kill me" creatures were way to hard to deal with.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Good game!

I petered out with the flashback cards towards the end; Burning Vengeance would have been useful much earlier :) Your Wildfire Devils made me use the FB cards way earlier too... and Soul of Innistrad got back some cards and Plaguecrafter and In Garruck's Wake kept resetting the board. Your deck was definitely a foil for my deck.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Maybe I should have used the discard/draw more to get to the Vengeance.
I was a very good game and really challenging.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I kept drawing lands so I was good for a bit for the Sanitarium... Scaretiller would have made those discards useful too but he got taken out early